Wilt

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 57

Wilt

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Until this morning, here are 10 Things I admit I did not know and I figure some people know/knew about Wilt.

1) Wilt led the league in assists in 67/68.
2) Wilt never fouled out of a regular or post season NBA game.
3) Wilt played for the Harlem Globetrotters BEFORE he played in the NBA.
4) Wilt led the league in FG% 9 times.
5) Wilt was never married.
6) When Wilt was in High School Red Auerbach had Wilt play 1-on-1 against University of Kansas standout and national champion B. H. Born - who was the Most Outstanding Player of the 1953 NCAA Finals. Chamberlain won 25–10. Born was so dejected that he gave up a promising NBA career and became a tractor engineer ("If there were high school kids that good, I figured I wasn't going to make it to the pros").
7) Before playing at KU Wilt played a few professional games under an alias - George Marcus.
8) Wilt never played for Phog Allen.
9) Wilt had two brothers.
10) I knew Wilt was a Track and Field guy but I didn't know he won three straight Big Eight high jump championships. - Which begs me to ask - why couldn't he play varsity basketball as a freshman but he could compete in varsity track & field?
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Wilt

Post by dolomite »

Wilt had a good heart. In his interviews he always advocated for more compassion in life. As did the Dalai Lama.
https://twitter.com/DalaiLama?ref_src=t ... r%5Eauthor
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan