How important is the quality of the scout team?

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: How important is the quality of the scout team?

Post by ousdahl »

Did Self prefer Jamari’s attitude? Is/was there any evidence Diallo had a bad one?

Or did he just simply trust him to know schemes and assignments more than Diallo?

I was and still am of the opinion that Diallo, mistakes and all, could have still been a net gain per minutes played.

Heck, I remember wanting to see a Lucas-Diallo frontcourt, at least when we got to the point of certain games when it was obvious Perry needed to have his diaper changed.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I was involved in a few bar discussions about the Diallo-Lucas year, I even was labeled the President of the Landon Lucas fan club, sorry but a coach with over 80% win starts Lucas, I buy it.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

When I said forums I meant message boards. I guess it’s pretty obvious that really good scholarship players on a scout team helps a lot, but what about the non-scholarship players? On various message boards I can’t say that I’ve seen walk-ons get much respect, but I have seen them disrespected for seemingly no good reason. Do the people who put them down see the role they play as just not important? Do they think the coaches don’t care about the quality of the walk-ons? The scout team can’t be all scholarship players. So what if the only game time they get is garbage minutes?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke