College basketball’s 9 most important freshmen, ranked

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

College basketball’s 9 most important freshmen, ranked

Post by PhDhawk »

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basket ... draft-2019

9. Quentin Grimes, SG, Kansas

Kansas has the deepest roster in the country at the start of the season. The main storyline for the Jayhawks will be how they integrate a strong group of transfers, led by star forward Dedric Lawson and also including his brother K.J. Lawson and point guard Charlie Moore. Of course, there is also another top-five recruiting class on the way. Quentin Grimes is the biggest blue chipper of the bunch.

Grimes is a sturdy and dependable 6’5 shooting guard who has produced at the highest levels of play for his age group. He was named MVP of the FIBA Americas U18 Championship after leading Team USA to gold by averaging 14.7 points, four rebounds, and 3.8 assists per game. Kansas fans can expect a freshmen with a well-rounded, two-way game who should be filling up box scores from the very start of the season.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Re: College basketball’s 9 most important freshmen, ranked

Post by ousdahl »

Grimes should start out the gate, right?

Or does Self give like Garrett the nod?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oubre didn't get to start right out the gates -- he sat behind Svi and Greene - but it doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

But maybe not in that case b/c Shockers.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I think Grimes will start from day 1.

Moore or Dotson.
Grimes
Vick
Dedric
Dok
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It should be whoever is better.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:06 pm Oubre didn't get to start right out the gates -- he sat behind Svi and Greene - but it doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

But maybe not in that case b/c Shockers.
Grimes is a lot more polished than Oubre was to start the season.

But it wouldnt surprise me if we start the season with:

Moore
Vick
Lawson
Lawson
Dok
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Zero question Grimes will start from Day One.

I'm feeling

Moore
Garrett
Grimes
Dedric
Doke
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

College Basketball’s Impact Freshmen

TEN NAMES YOU NEED TO KNOW

QUENTIN GRIMES, Kansas: Reigning MVP of the 2018 FIBA Americas, the 6-foot-4 Grimes helped USA Basketball capture a gold medal at the event. With his future head coach, Bill Self, already coaching him with Team USA this summer, Kansas will have plenty of ideas on how to unleash the talented guard during the season. Grimes is an explosive scorer who is also skilled enough to have the ball in his hands to run some point. If Grimes can shoot a consistent deep ball, then he will be one of the toughest covers in the country this season.

FIVE NAMES THAT WILL HAVE AN IMPACT IN MARCH

DEVON DOTSON, Kansas:
Although Kansas has a lot of talented guards in the fold, the aggressive, downhill nature of Dotson could come in handy for the Jayhawks this season. The 6-foot-1 Dotson is an attack-minded floor general who should benefit greatly from all of the talent that he has around him in Lawrence this season. Dotson is capable of getting his own buckets, or getting others involved, as his style of play should fit in well at Kansas. If Dotson shows that he’s capable of making a perimeter jumper then Kansas might need to explore the use of more three-guard lineups.