Streaks that might continue (or discontinue) this season

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Streaks that might continue (or discontinue) this season

Post by PhDhawk »

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... iscontinue

5. Izzo (48 NCAA tournament wins) and Kansas’ Bill Self (47) will pass Calhoun (49) on the all-time NCAA tournament win list.

8. Gonzaga will go to its fifth consecutive Sweet 16, Kansas its fourth, Kentucky its third and Nevada its second in a row.

9. Kansas’ streak of three-straight Elite Eights will get snapped (cue the Jayhawk fans for me not picking them to get to the Final Four this season).

11. Kansas (12 seasons), Gonzaga (10), North Carolina (8), Kentucky (5), Villanova (5), Butler (4) and Duke (4) will continue streaks of winning at least one game in the NCAA tournament.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Re: Streaks that might continue (or discontinue) this season

Post by NDballer13 »

8. Does 2 in a row really count as a streak?

11. You'd think the Killer B's happened within the last 5 years for how it gets brought up every March how Self and Kansas always "choke" to lower seeds. Tough to lose to higher seeds when you're always a 1 or 2. Shit, even the VCU game is creeping up on a decade ago. Just need to get over that hump and finally win it all again!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:14 pm 8. Does 2 in a row really count as a streak?
If you're Nevada....probably
NDballer13 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:14 pm11. You'd think the Killer B's happened within the last 5 years for how it gets brought up every March how Self and Kansas always "choke" to lower seeds. Tough to lose to higher seeds when you're always a 1 or 2. Shit, even the VCU game is creeping up on a decade ago. Just need to get over that hump and finally win it all again!
Yeah, I knew we had the longest streak of consecutive years winning the first round game. I was looking for it last year and couldn't find it, the fact that we have 4 more than UNC and more than double the rest of the blue bloods is telling.

I think our reputation of getting "early exits" has more to do with who we've lost to than when we've lost. Though Stanford and WSU in consecutive years didn't help us any.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Definitely won't have to worry about the big 12 streak this year. But it will make this board a little less entertaining to not see the "this is the worst team ever under Self" threads.