Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by ousdahl »

Instead of a final four banner let’s just hang a big embroidered copy of The Rules.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Somebody get gutter a valium.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Please! and/or a Lemon 714.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You could show them a picture of Bill Self handing a recruit a gold bullion with a note saying "PAYMENT FOR BASKETBALL SERVICES," and Kansas people would still insist he's an unwitting victim here. It's an impressive level of cognitive dissonance.<a href="https://t.co/xpToK7wqUT">https://t.co/x ... </p>&mdash; Jeff Ermann (@Jeff_Ermann) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Ermann/status/ ... w">October 10, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

None of this is making me feel better. Our name in too many mouths.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

It shouldn't make you feel better or worse. Nobody is getting harmed in any of this.

The worst thing that could happen is a brand gives a kid some money expecting he will be a future asset to them and then that player turns out to be a bust.

I guess if you are one of the people that thought only Calipari and a select few "cheated" then it's a sad dose of reality, but I think most people figured some of our players take money under the table. I still don't feel like Self is doing anything wrong. He's not brokering the deals or asking for details.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well thats a fairly simplistic view of it all.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm So far, the only thing that Silvio is on the hook for is $2,500, that's just a 5 or 6 game suspension and restitution.
Unless they find proof of the $60k allegedly paid by a MD booster. Then he is done.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sds will not suit up for us ever again.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Jeff Ermann runs the Maryland site on 247.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

Yes, I am familiar with Jeff Ermann. I'm familiar with KU fans too. In terms of what's going on, I kind of fall in the middle in terms of my beliefs but probably lean towards Ermann.
NO WAY is KU or some/many/most other programs 100% kosher. Like I said, it's a SCUM business.

Meanwhile, if we want to discuss the Maryland angle of SDS, Falmagne or Gatto and Gassnola are full of shit. I'm going with the former. Who coincidentally has "ties" to KU.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm Yes, I am familiar with Jeff Ermann. I'm familiar with KU fans too. In terms of what's going on, I kind of fall in the middle in terms of my beliefs but probably lean towards Ermann.
NO WAY is KU or some/many/most other programs 100% kosher. Like I said, it's a SCUM business.

Meanwhile, if we want to discuss the Maryland angle of SDS, Falmagne or Gatto and Gassnola are full of shit. I'm going with the former. Who coincidentally has "ties" to KU.
The issue is defining what "kosher" is. Obviously KU knows that the shoe companies are funneling money to players. We ALL know that. But in my opiniom, if they are not aware of and certainly if they are involved with coordinating their specific players receiving specific payments then they are fine.

And in general, I inherently question all of these folks who are bringing African players over to this country and installing themselves as their temporary guardians. It is a model inherently designed so that they can skirt ncaa rules and give them stuff.

Call me a cynic but I'd bet only a tiny fraction of the people doing that expect nothing in return and see it only as "just helping a kid realize his dream". There's probably a few but most likely there are many more that are doing it with the hope of financial gain.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Call me a cynic but I'd bet only a tiny fraction of the people doing that expect nothing in return and see it only as "just helping a kid realize his dream". There's probably a few but most likely there are many more that are doing it with the hope of financial gain.
I agree 100%. These guys are making business investments....why are they only bringing 6'5+ guys over? There's a lot of opportunity outside of just sports if providing a better life is the ONLY goal, so why only bring the athletic guys over to "help".
Deleted User 57

Tough call twocoach.
They don't have to be involved in the coordinating/funneling. I think it's hard to define the extent of how knowledgeable the KU powers that be are in terms of specifics. Maybe I am way off but to me it's kind of similar to the extent that they know what Compton does. Another probably too unrealted to this situation makes me wonder how much did the powers that be know about what Morningstar, Fremman, and the Pump bros were doing? I believe the "powers" weren't involved but I find it hard to believe they were completely unaware.
I swear I hope that we have skirted any wrongdoings and we just may have because the rules might actually favor us in this instance.

Those who bring the players over from Africa and take care of them are pimps. Guardians = pimps.
I know its hard to beleive but I try and see the good in people. I do truly beileve the "guardians" care about the kids but like cynical you, I also believe 95% wouldn't do for these same kids it if these kids couldn't play basketball and just wanted to come to the USA to go to school.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

I remember years back when Harrison Barnes committed to UNC there was a story about how furious Coach K was like he was expecting him to pick Duke. So he obviously didn't know he was getting or not getting Barnes. The way this all sounds is it's pretty much a surprise to most coaches(the smart ones) as well who they will or won't be getting. They know something happens somewhere in the background but not necessarily who's doing it, and they don't know who they will or won't be getting.
Deleted User 57

Deleted User 57

WHOOPS! I suppose maybe if it all reminds me of Cliff I should have included this in my above post.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... took-loan/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

He shouldve picked illinois.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 57

You're right TDub! Foe everyone's sake. Funny how hindsight works.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 pm Jeff Ermann runs the Maryland site on 247.
Is it just me or does the fact that this shit nets Mark "I'm far too honest for AAU" Turgeon as well make it a little more tolerable?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm Yes, I am familiar with Jeff Ermann. I'm familiar with KU fans too. In terms of what's going on, I kind of fall in the middle in terms of my beliefs but probably lean towards Ermann.

Somebody get Shirley!

I rolled my fucking eyes so hard they stayed that way!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto