Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaxSVFlQLD ... afspdnuomn

If you view on IG or Web browser there is a 2nd page with a recorded call...or I think there's an arrow that'll show up on the pic above...
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaxSVFlQLD ... afspdnuomn

If you view on IG or Web browser there is a 2nd page with a recorded call...or I think there's an arrow that'll show up on the pic above...
Big Baller hashtags everyone!
Deleted User 75

Holy cow...no shit. Didn't even notice that!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo question:

Don’t know if this was already covered, but, if some adidas bag man was dropping Silvio’s and his handler’s and Self’s and KT’s names in court, why weren’t any of them called to testify?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm getting really tired of how the university is handling all of this mess.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/ku/2018/oc ... rds-delay/
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm I'm getting really tired of how the university is handling all of this mess.

I'm not sure I care at all about the $1.5 million. It's not the LJW's responsibility to cover things up for KU (indeed, quite the opposite), but I'm sure there are things ancillary to that $1.5 million that KU would prefer not be discussed in public. It's annoying that things like this give Kietzman and the like free reign to fill the information void. "Unexplained millions from Adidas? MUST BE HUSH MONEY."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:37 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm I'm getting really tired of how the university is handling all of this mess.

I'm not sure I care at all about the $1.5 million. It's not the LJW's responsibility to cover things up for KU (indeed, quite the opposite), but I'm sure there are things ancillary to that $1.5 million that KU would prefer not be discussed in public. It's annoying that things like this give Kietzman and the like free reign to fill the information void. "Unexplained millions from Adidas? MUST BE HUSH MONEY."
But you must admit, the timing of the funds just doesn't seem right. At all.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU has not made themselves look good in this thing at all. KT on record, Self at a presser saying there is nothing to this level done by him or his staff, and now the University refusing to give out info on an open records request (Which most institutions do give out info when requested)

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Maybe the PR department is on vacation.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 75

Why would Adidas pay us hush money, when us "hushing" is why (in part) they were found guilty.

We get 1.5mil and 1 of our assistants comes out and says "yes we knew Adidas was doing this and therefore they didn't defraud KU" and then I'd be suspicious of the payment.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Adidas gave KU an extra 1.5 million. Sounds great to me.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

With the financial cuts taking place on Campus and the negative press that KU Athletics has been in of course the local media is going to be all over that story. I was on campus for a budget meeting and the gap between the academic and athletic programs is widening. Of course that has always been the case but now with the budget cuts it has become even more prevalent.

That 1.5 million does seem a bit strange. My understanding was the 1.5 was from the increased royalties that was part of the negotiated extension that was suppose to be signed earlier this summer. Now KU officials are coming out saying they didn't sign and are 'evaluating' other apparel options. Very interesting stuff.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Full on victim-mode.

In a victim impact statement, Kansas attorney William Sullivan detailed the university's financial losses, including $112,731 in lost athletic scholarships and more than $1 million in legal fees incurred while responding to federal subpoenas, preparing witnesses for trial and cooperating with NCAA investigations.

"The damage done by Mr. Gatto's and his co-conspirators' greed cannot be overstated," Sullivan wrote. "Their actions have impaired the University of Kansas' ability to continue to fully use those resources for both the benefit and welfare of its student-athletes, as well as for its ongoing mission of educational and community development and enrichment."[/]

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ption-case
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Interesting that he named dropped Gatto but not Gassnola. It was my understanding that Gassnola was Self's go to guy and the one calling the shots?

At this point who really cares. It is more and more ridiculous and bad press for the NCAA and the University.

Maybe it is the 'down' year we are currently experiencing but at least for me part of the reason why this year has been so unenjoyable is because of these allegations and the fact that our HC is just as dirty or more than other coaches who get caught in situations like this.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if the $112,731 in scholarship includes a portion of last year or if it's just De Sousa sitting this one.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Billy Preston scholly.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ah, yup.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The judge added that he wanted to send "a great big warning light to the basketball world.''

And proceeded to sentence them to six, six and nine months. What a joke. With good behavior, collectively they won't end up serving even half of that.
Holidaysmore - 2005