Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm Whether the NCAA decides to punish or not, I think if we believe the SDS allegations to be true then we should sit him because the NCAA won't have an answer 1 way or the other before the season anyway.

But part of me is with Fish where I'd be okay if we say fuck it and play him knowing it could likely result in this entire year being vacated.
I strongly disagree that playing Silvio is likely to result in this entire year being vacated. I think it is highly unlikely.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:47 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm Whether the NCAA decides to punish or not, I think if we believe the SDS allegations to be true then we should sit him because the NCAA won't have an answer 1 way or the other before the season anyway.

But part of me is with Fish where I'd be okay if we say fuck it and play him knowing it could likely result in this entire year being vacated.
I strongly disagree that playing Silvio is likely to result in this entire year being vacated. I think it is highly unlikely.
that's because you don't think they'll enforce their own rules. Which is a possibility, but far from a guarantee... and they've really said nothing that indicates what they'll do 1 way or the other. So it's a guessing game at this point which is awful for everyone involved.

But by the letter of the "law" playing an ineligible player can result in wins being vacated....and that's my only point and the reason I said it "could likely" result in wins being vacated. Not that's it's likely they will actually vacate them, but that it's likely we'd be exposed to that possibility.

(Sorry my original comment was poorly worded)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

First the prosecution has to find the money. Nothing but AAU rumors so far.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Even if the ncaa starts retroactively handing out penalties, wouldn’t it have to go down the road of doing so based on who knew what when?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm Anybody know how many other current college players expected to play this season are also named in the investigation/trial?

Seems like most are already gone to the pros.
Zion Williamson and Nassir Little, Romeo Langford
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nm lulz

but for real fuck Duke
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:13 pm Even if the ncaa starts retroactively handing out penalties, wouldn’t it have to go down the road of doing so based on who knew what when?
Yes, and then they're in quagmire of trying to somewhat "evenly" hand out penalties based on information that is wildly-varying degrees of reliable and accurate. It's impossible.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:02 pm First the prosecution has to find the money. Nothing but AAU rumors so far.
Wait, they’re operating just on rumors?!

Don’t they have to have more than rumors to bring a case to trial?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:23 pm According to Dickie V, some really big names are going to be mentioned in court tomorrow and it will be a "big nightmare for some coaches and schools"
Wait, were any big names mentioned yesterday or is Dickie V still a moron?
Deleted User 83

Post by Deleted User 83 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am
^^^
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What a horrifically stupid thing to say:
[T]he aspects of the case have been gruesome enough to leave UNC Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams "dumbfounded."

"It's a massive thing that's still going on, and I'm just dumbfounded," he said on Tuesday. "I had somebody criticize me and say 'you shouldn't be dumbfounded.' Well, excuse me, I have my right to have my own feelings. That world that they're explaining out there I'm not familiar with. Period. In 30 years as a head coach I have never had anyone ask me for money. I have never asked any shoe company to recruit for me. I have never asked anyone other than the family what is most important to you.

"So that world, people act like it goes on all the time, it does not go on all the time. It is a world I'm not familiar with."
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... orruption/
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Guess Ole Roy is pretty confident he won't be implicated it any of this nonsense. Definitely a very roy-ish thing to say.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

UNC's players were dumbfounded that they had to take actual classes at school.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:34 am Guess Ole Roy is pretty confident he won't be implicated it any of this nonsense. Definitely a very roy-ish thing to say.
Pretty confident he won't be implicated? Ok. But Jesus, how in the world could he be pretty confident his program won't? Horrifyingly dumb.
historyhawk

Post by historyhawk »

I am a little surprised we have not heard about more financial records being subpoenaed.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:26 am What a horrifically stupid thing to say:
[T]he aspects of the case have been gruesome enough to leave UNC Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams "dumbfounded."

"It's a massive thing that's still going on, and I'm just dumbfounded," he said on Tuesday. "I had somebody criticize me and say 'you shouldn't be dumbfounded.' Well, excuse me, I have my right to have my own feelings. That world that they're explaining out there I'm not familiar with. Period. In 30 years as a head coach I have never had anyone ask me for money. I have never asked any shoe company to recruit for me. I have never asked anyone other than the family what is most important to you.

"So that world, people act like it goes on all the time, it does not go on all the time. It is a world I'm not familiar with."
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... orruption/
I have my right to have my own feelings.

Roy. In a nutshell.

Bill had a feeling once. But it passed. Thank Gaia.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not trying to be flip - whose records would you expect to be subpoenaed? I'm not even sure the defense is arguing the payments didn't happen?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Roy is safe.

They would have to be students to be considered student athletes.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Wire fraud?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:23 pm According to Dickie V, some really big names are going to be mentioned in court tomorrow and it will be a "big nightmare for some coaches and schools"
Names mentioned or not doesn't change the fact Dickie V is still a moron.