Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 57

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by Deleted User 57 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm
Geezer wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 pm Jeff Ermann runs the Maryland site on 247.
Is it just me or does the fact that this shit nets Mark "I'm far too honest for AAU" Turgeon as well make it a little more tolerable?
I was thinking how coincidental is it that Turg was on the KU team when Self was learning how to manipulate the system from the king of manipulating the system?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The Maryland guys are pissed that 60 K can't get a player to come to Turg.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 pm The Maryland guys are pissed that 60 K can't get a player to come to Turg.
POTD
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm
Geezer wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 pm Jeff Ermann runs the Maryland site on 247.
Is it just me or does the fact that this shit nets Mark "I'm far too honest for AAU" Turgeon as well make it a little more tolerable?
I was thinking how coincidental is it that Turg was on the KU team when Self was learning how to manipulate the system from the king of manipulating the system?
Yeah, but very few other people in the world share the totality of your issues.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 57

If my issues include being as happy as a pig in shit because I was at KU enjoying that era despite Larry contributing to our ultimately landing on probation because of a bullshit violation/s - when there were many other violations that took place that went unnoticed/unpunished - AND unlike some/many/most not believing that Bill Self is morally on the same level as Jesus (he was "moral" - right?) then by all means I'll gladly accept you're assessment/diagnosis/analysis of me.

You ever hear the alleged story about Larry and Lloyd Daniels? The one with Larry meeting with him in the lobby of the Essex House? It's somewhat funny if you think about the visuals.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

Help me out. It's alleged that Fenny Falmagne took money. He denies it. If it's proven he did take money, does/did that make SDS an ineligible player and if so - did we play an ineligible player? Didn't the NCAA clear him to play or was the clearing issue based solely on grades/transcripts and that not based on anything related to this "trial"?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... an-dawkins

McCann's view of the trial.
It's hilarious they call the recruits "the schools assets".
Deleted User 75

Gutter's Mother wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:42 am Help me out. It's alleged that Fenny Falmagne took money. He denies it. If it's proven he did take money, does/did that make SDS an ineligible player and if so - did we play an ineligible player? Didn't the NCAA clear him to play or was the clearing issue based solely on grades/transcripts and that not based on anything related to this "trial"?
As I understand it, that would mean yes we played an ineligible player.

Yes the ncaa cleared him. I assume that clearance was based on both grades/transcripts and eligibility issues such as this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... an-dawkins

McCann's view of the trial.
That McCann can be 100% right on the technical aspects of this and yet completely miss the point is...well, exactly the point.

This trial is doing exactly what the NCAA wanted, which is to reinforce the idea that the very idea of paying players is SCANDALOUS and to win another land grab against the idea. It is shameful and embarrassing that public money (and finite investigative and prosecutorial resources) are being spent on this nonsense.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Such tortured logic used in an attempt to criminalize this.
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

Danielle lerner @Danielle _lerner 3h
breaking: u.s. attorney says government and defense in #hoops trial will likely rest Tuesday, oct. 16 that mean the case could be in the jury"s hands this week.
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I suppose I can hope the verdict is “not guilty,” on the basis that no underlying crime was committed that supports the wire fraud and conspiracy charges.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 42375.html

Man, guys.. I just don't know anymore. I can't really tell what's going on anymore with this. One day I feel good. Another day, it looks bad. This is one of those bad days.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Yeah, just saw this.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Not saying it's good or bad. Surprising? Not in the least. Wouldn't you love to get your hands on some Calipari text messages? This goes on everywhere.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would guess that most members on this board are not naive enough to think that KU is clean. They do things that are bordering or could be all the way against the rules.

Now...IMO KU is fine because Gassnova can't recall what they were talking about and they had no wire tap. I'm guessing that a good defense attorney could make the argument that if you don't have context, or more importantly concrete evidence to what they are referring to everything is purely hypothetical.

Does it make me feel me comfortable your HC is texting a guy like that? No. But one would hope and think that Self knew what he was doing.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:23 pm Not saying it's good or bad. Surprising? Not in the least. Wouldn't you love to get your hands on some Calipari text messages? This goes on everywhere.
Irrelevant at this point. I mean, I get what you're saying, but right now, it's an adidas and KU thing. And this looks like direct conversation about all of this stuff. KU needs to drop the victim term. It's clear that it's not the case at this point.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Nothing in here is fatal, but it's disappointing that our staff was dumb enough to be even this close.

Adidas trial: Text messages from KU’s Bill Self, Kurtis Townsend shown as evidence

www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-1 ... 42375.html
On Aug. 9. 2017, Gassnola texted Self, saying he talked with Fenny Falmagne, the guardian of recruit Silvio De Sousa. Self asked “we good” over text, and Gassnola replied “always,” saying this was light work and the ball was in Falmagne’s court now.

That same day, Gassnola texted Self to call him when he had five minutes and he was alone. The two had a five-minute, six-second phone conversation that day. The call was not wiretapped by the FBI nor played in court.

[...]

On Sept. 19, 2017 — three days before KU Athletics announced a 12-year contract extension with Adidas — Gassnola texted Self to tell him thank you for helping to get that extension done. Self replied via text that he was happy with Adidas and wrote “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Gassnola responded with a text that said, “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad. That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.” Self replied by text, “That’s how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke.” Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well. “I promise you I got this. I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right.”
This entire saga is, of course, incredibly stupid, but we will have earned whatever is coming to us if there's more like this.
Deleted User 75

Meh. Not surprised and don't really care because I don't think the act of the recruits/families getting money is "wrong".

...but I suspect some people who refused to accept this has been going on for decades will be/act shocked.

I'm guessing this is as bad as they've got on us. Thankfully no wiretap stuff.