KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:05 pm It matters what KU believed happened too. We are uncomfortable enough that we are voluntarily holding him out.

And for the 10th time ( ;-) )...this isn't a court of law... the ncaa doesn't need to "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that improper benefits happened.

Why are we doing this? We all know what most likely happened. Many of us have suspected this has been going on for decades. Most of us don't give a shit that it's happening and is widespread.

If KU thought/knew that SDS had done nothing wrong then he'd be playing.

If KU thought/knew that there wouldn't be ANY evidence possibly discovered that would implicate the player or program then he'd be playing (probably why Duke is playing Zion, they know there won't be a paper trail, and they won't show up on texts or phone calls).

Be mad at the ncaa for the rules they've created....that's what has caused this.
False, that if KU thought he did nothing wrong then he'd be playing. That isn't the only thing KU has to consider.
They have to take into account how erratic and inconsistent that the ncaa is in cases like this.

As you stated, it doesnt have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The ncaa is proving now that they can just threaten without proving anything at all to remove a player from ncaa competition.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Why are you doing this? To say the NCAA has stupid rules? We all agree there.

Nobody has it out for SDS or KU. This isn't some NCAA conspiracy to hurt our program....as far as I know the NCAA hasn't threatened Kansas at all. We are holding him out because we KNOW he (his guardian) fucked up. Whether that's only the money for a class or for more.

Stop pretending we don't have some responsibility in all this....the rules may suck, but they're the rules.
Deleted User 75

Twocoach,

What do you need to see for you to say there is sufficient proof?

Video of a cash hand off? Wire transfer receipts?...what level of proof would make you think this stuff is true?...since clearly our coaches having a relationship with someone who admits to paying players to attend Adidas schools is not enough.

Why are people facing jail time if this isn't true?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 pm Twocoach,

What do you need to see for you to say there is sufficient proof?

Video of a cash hand off? Wire transfer receipts?...what level of proof would make you think this stuff is true?...since clearly our coaches having a relationship with someone who admits to paying players to attend Adidas schools is not enough.

Why are people facing jail time if this isn't true?
Pretty unusual that money moves around without some record of it...somewhere.
Deleted User 75

They were found guilty of wire fraud, right?
Deleted User 75

Are we really denying that these guys (gatto, dawkins, code, etc) were doing this?
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:03 pm Are we really denying that these guys (gatto, dawkins, code, etc) were doing this?
I am confident they did.
It's proofs....not truths in a court of law.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:03 pm Are we really denying that these guys (gatto, dawkins, code, etc) were doing this?
I am confident they did.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

Must have been some proof.

And the ncaa isn't court of law. SDS isn't on trial.
Deleted User 75

I've referred to Gasnolla as Gatto unintentionally in previous posts. Gasnolla is the 1 who has a close relationship with Self.

Just wanted to clarify.

Gasnolla article below

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... 27de6b9a94

Connections to Calipari will make the Cal haters itch.
Deleted User 75

"But when defense lawyers asked Gassnola about illicit deals involving other coaches, agents and players, the judge, who had barred what he termed the “everyone’s doing it” defense, usually prevented an answer. And when the judge did allow questions, such as those focused on Kansas Coach Bill Self, whom Gassnola said he considered a close friend, the bagman’s memory went spotty.

At one point, one defense attorney informed Gassnola he had said “I don’t remember” or “I don’t recall” more than 20 times and reminded him he was under oath."
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:09 pm
I am confident they did.

But, this WAS on trial.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:54 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:09 pm

I am confident they did.

But, this WAS on trial.
Sigh.

I posted links for you so that you could refresh your memory....

Gasnolla was not on trial. He took a deal and was a cooperating witness....there's an entire article about him above...and a different one recapping the guilty verdicts and what they were charged with.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

So, there's still no update on DeSousa?
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

illy beating a dead horse for last three pages...it's like old times
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Yup. That's exactly what happened.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:46 pm illy beating a dead horse for last three pages...it's like old times
What makes you think the "last three pages" should be different than any other "three pages"?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:30 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:46 pm illy beating a dead horse for last three pages...it's like old times
What makes you think the "last three pages" should be different than any other "three pages"?
Says the mighty governor of the Poli-bored

All hail the leader of the liberal mob
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:30 pm
My bad. Sorry for feeding this nonsense. Taking a few days off of here. This is ridiculous and unpleasant.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:40 pm from the commie

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/ku/2018/de ... legations/
Crickets?
Sad when the Urinal World feels a need to throw people under the bus but let's be honest here, accountability needs to be addressed in what is and isn't transpiring.

The University of Kansas, the Chancellor, Compliance Department, Athletic Department, "Athletics Inc.", Basketball Program, should all be "elite".
We have a semi new Chancellor and a new Athletic Director.
They came in to a mess that perhaps they were not really prepared for? I don't really know but it sure seems this definitely has the potential to get ugly and I'm not convinced we are/have been properly advised by those who need to be and should be advising us. I get that what is and isn't being made public could very well be on what they feel is a "need to know" basis but there has been a lack of transparency and I wonder if that's partially because the people involved don't really know what the fuck they're doing.
What if any other changes need to be made, have been made, are being made, can be made?