Big 12/Big East Challenge

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Big 12/Big East Challenge

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Will start in 2019. Prepare for KU vs Nova, Butler, Xavier or Creighton. Maybe Marquette..

They won't play Seton Hall, St. Johns, DePaul, Providence or anyone else on the bottom tier.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Re: Big 12/Big East Challenge

Post by PhDhawk »

Are we doing away with the Big12/SEC, or is this in addition to it?

I like it, I like these inter-conference matchups, I hope the game is played sometime in December instead of during conference play, but it's a good thing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm Will start in 2019. Prepare for KU vs Nova, Butler, Xavier or Creighton. Maybe Marquette..

They won't play Seton Hall, St. Johns, DePaul, Providence or anyone else on the bottom tier.
rov
Why do you feel we won't play anyone from the bottom tier and why do you feel Butler, Marquette, and/or Creighton will be upper tier? FWIW (which is very little) if I am not mistaken, Butler and Marquette were not upper tier last season.
We play Nova next season - is that in Lawrence, Villanova, KC, or Philly?
If we don't play the "challenge" game in Lawrence or KC I could see us playing a Big Least opponent in Chicago, New York (MSG or Barclays), or DC. Why not?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:18 pm Are we doing away with the Big12/SEC, or is this in addition to it?

I like it, I like these inter-conference matchups, I hope the game is played sometime in December instead of during conference play, but it's a good thing.
I think that will continue.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
BigTamale

Post by BigTamale »

This is going to be pretty easy scheduling wise... It'll probably be in the Non-Con and they have 10 teams, we have 10 teams.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I was kinda disappointed to find out that our Big East opponent next year was the already scheduled Villanova game. Woulda been cool to have a game with Xavier or Butler or someone in addition. Now that it swallows up a game we already had scheduled the challenge feels like a letdown.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.