Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Last night oubre was almost traded as part of a 3 team deal....

He was supposed to go to Memphis.

Selden was supposed to go to Phoenix.

Ariza was supposed to go to Washington.

There were some other small pieces involved as well.....and everything seemed good, except teams weren't all communicating directly....this gets leaked....and then 1 team realized they were getting Marshon Brooks and not Dillon Brooks and they killed the deal. LOL

The Trevor Ariza trade that never really happened https://es.pn/2rBByct
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oubre’s contract is up this year, right?
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BraluAphe2u ... rt7cisn461

Oubre and Josh now teammates in Phoenix.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Svi back to doing Svi things last night.
Career high 12 points on 4-10 FG / 3-6 3pt, 1 board, 4 assists, 0 turnovers.
Cool he and Devonte played against each other in "the show".
DG had 5 points and 6 assists in 16 minutes.

These days, despite the subtraction of Butler, Wiggins is the 3rd most valuable (best?) player on his team - which is garbage. I have no clue how Thibs still has his job - other than Glen Taylor (and Scot Layden) aren't going to can a guy and still pay him about 20-25 million.
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 75

Basketball wise I can't figure out why the wizards wanted to get rid of Oubre for Ariza. I guess maybe it's a salary dump to make more room for a run at Kevin Durant?
Deleted User 75

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dude Kelly Oubre is the fucking man
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wasn’t he a Late Night commit? Which is to say, yet another Late Night commit.

He was the heir to the badass OAD wing position, tasked with filling the role left by some Canadian dood named Andrew.

An inch shorter and not quite the athlete, but still quite the athlete, plus even more wingspan. Plus a southpaw, though somethin about it just ain’t right. All things considered the most debatable trait might be best hair.

Plus isn’t he a Katrina refugee?

And here he is now in the league; young, healthy, talented, still improving, due for a deal, about to destroy everyone in his way.

Dude Kelly Oubre is the fucking man!

(and quick, thought experiment: just for a second imagine this killer instinct in that Canadian dood, eh?)
Deleted User 75

Andrew Wiggins has just as much killer instinct as Oubre (at least offensively). He just doesn't pound his chest the same way (or blow kisses to crowds)...I have been critical of Wiggins plenty, but that's a little crazy. Oubre is a bench/role player. Wiggins is a top 2-3 option....let's remember Oubre just got traded for an aging Ariza, so clearly Washington didn't think he was irreplaceable....love oubre, but making a game sealing 3 doesn't mean he's got some magical killer instinct that Wiggins doesn't. Wiggins has made far more game sealing baskets than Oubre in the NBA....plus they were up 5 and there was only 3 seconds on the shot clock, not sure that qualifies as killer insintict. But definitely a big time shot and he's off to a good start for the Suns.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:56 am Dude Kelly Oubre is the fucking man
Love him.

I used to root for the C's when Pierce was there. After they went after Kelly for rightfully tagging that bitch Olynyk, I just can't do it anymore. Love Marcus, but the rest of that team is so hate-able. And, of course Boston fans.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:17 am Andrew Wiggins has just as much killer instinct as Oubre (at least offensively). He just doesn't pound his chest the same way (or blow kisses to crowds)...I have been critical of Wiggins plenty, but that's a little crazy. Oubre is a bench/role player. Wiggins is a top 2-3 option....let's remember Oubre just got traded for an aging Ariza, so clearly Washington didn't think he was irreplaceable....love oubre, but making a game sealing 3 doesn't mean he's got some magical killer instinct that Wiggins doesn't. Wiggins has made far more game sealing baskets than Oubre in the NBA....plus they were up 5 and there was only 3 seconds on the shot clock, not sure that qualifies as killer insintict. But definitely a big time shot and he's off to a good start for the Suns.
You just can't help yourself.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:17 am Andrew Wiggins has just as much killer instinct as Oubre (at least offensively). He just doesn't pound his chest the same way (or blow kisses to crowds)...I have been critical of Wiggins plenty, but that's a little crazy. Oubre is a bench/role player. Wiggins is a top 2-3 option....let's remember Oubre just got traded for an aging Ariza, so clearly Washington didn't think he was irreplaceable....love oubre, but making a game sealing 3 doesn't mean he's got some magical killer instinct that Wiggins doesn't. Wiggins has made far more game sealing baskets than Oubre in the NBA....plus they were up 5 and there was only 3 seconds on the shot clock, not sure that qualifies as killer insintict. But definitely a big time shot and he's off to a good start for the Suns.
I'm sorry, but you can compliment a former player without putting down another former player....Wiggins is so much better than Oubre....

I'm supposed to believe that because Oubre hit a 3 with the shot clock winding down that he's got more killer instinct that Wiggins? Or was it blowing kisses to the crowd when you're on 1 of the worst teams in the NBA?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

As I suggested, this can be settled by debating best hair while at KU.

Is it...Kelly “that strip of grass you missed with the lawn mower” Oubre?

oorrrr....is it, Andrew “Cosmo Kramer plus Elaine’s dance moves” Wiggins??

Deleted User 75

Plus, I've been critical of Wiggins, so as much as I argue I figured this was a reasonable spot to stand up for him...
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 am
It's in his DNA.