Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

B Rush had a private workout with the 76ers this week.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

embiid starting to get frustatred the way the sixers offense has changed since the jimmy butler trade. surprised? not really

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2548 ... tler-trade
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Once again Embiid being a Jayhawk is the one thing that keeps me from disliking him.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

simmons spoke highly of butler, and seemed thankful for the addition
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 am Once again Embiid being a Jayhawk is the one thing that keeps me from disliking him.
really?

i see nothing wrong with his comments, presuming that’s what you were referrencing
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What's the point of doing that?
Why talk about that publicly?
Speak to your coach, the staff.

Your team is winning. Sorry that your stats are down.
Deleted User 75

They made a story out of that, his intention with those comments had nothing to do with Butler. In fact, embiid said it was himself who had been sucking to the media, not sure if it was the same interview session.

To me, it seems, they're trying to create a story that isn't there. Butler has been nothing but a positive imo, and I've watched probably half the games they've played since he's been there.

Embiid settling for 3pt jumpers is his own fault too. It has very little to do with Jimmy butler. Embiid's usage has not really been impacted by Butler. And there have been several games where Butler is clearly taking a backseat (usage wise) to embiid and to a lesser extent Simmons.

This is sensational media reporting. There is no locker room issue that has occurred since Butler has arrived in Philly imo.
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:52 am simmons spoke highly of butler, and seemed thankful for the addition
Embiid has too.

I think this all happened after the Toronto game where Valuncunias (no chance I spelled that correctly) really gave Embiid issues down low and forced him outside on several possessions or made him get rid of the ball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Did he not say these things to Philly.com?
If it's made up then my mistake.
Don't know why this would be made up though:

"I haven't been myself lately," Embiid told Philly.com. "I think it's mainly because of the way I've been used, which is I'm being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch-5, which I'm only shooting [29] percent" from 3-point range.

"But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, [coach Brett Brown] always has me starting on the perimeter ... and it just really frustrates me."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And i'm not saying there's a locker room issue but keep your comments about how your coach is using you to your team/coach...otherwise the media HAS something like this to go off of.
Deleted User 75

Well does he actually say "coach Brett brown" by name? Or is it in the [ ] because the reporter believes it's implied?
Deleted User 75

Embiid has plenty of opportunity to get inside. This isn't on the coaches. It's on him settling for outside shots.

They literally run JJ off of Embiid in a 2man action a little outside the free throw line probably 30 times a game and let Embiid facilitate for JJ or create for himself....

I haven't listened to the interview related to that article, so I'm not sure how he worded his statements....but in post game the other night he said "I have been sucking...I am taking too many 3s..." and in that interview he seemed to be taking sole responsibility for his own struggles. He didn't seem to imply it was coaching or Jimmy Butler. So I'm going off that interview and his attitude he displayed after that game....I don't see how it would have changed to blaming coaches and Jimmy when he didn't even play last night.

Does Embiid catch the ball on the perimeter a lot? Yes.....it has never bothered him before when he was making an effort to get inside. He uses his ball handling and speed to pump fake and get around slower big guys and get inside....the recent problem seems to be he's not getting all the way inside. He settling for 3s or fade away jumpers just outside the paint....it's not the coaches telling him to stay out of the lane and shoot outside shots. Hell, he's their only big in the game a lot of the time.

When I read those comments it seems when he says "how I'm being used" I don't think he's necessarily speaking about coaches using him, I think he means how he's using himself....but maybe I'm letting past words of his from the last week influence my perception too much
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"When I read those comments it seems when he says "how I'm being used" I don't think he's necessarily speaking about coaches using him, I think he means how he's using himself..."

Lord.
Not worth it.
Deleted User 75

ESPN is eating it up though for sure.

Embiid has the freedom to do nearly whatever he wants within their offense. I agree with pwhitt, he should keep his mouth shut to the media. Then there is nothing to misinterpret.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Butler fucking sucks as a teammate. He’s a #2 who likes to act like an alpha. Embiid is the alpha of that team. My guess is that this season doesn’t end well.
Deleted User 75

Embiid averages/stats per game:

26.3pts
13.3rebs
3.6ast
2blks
32.1%usage
18.6 shots per game
10.1 free throws per game

He should trust the process. Implementing a new piece like Butler and losing 2 pieces like Covington/Saric takes some time.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dont argue with illy about the nba. He is the omnipotent nba guru god dontchaknow. Anyone elses opinion on the matter is just dust on the wind.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Embiid is clearly frustrated with brett brown and how the offense has changed with the addition of butler. Pretending to interpret and twist those comments as anything else is asinine.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We hate Embiid now? Jesus Christ.
Deleted User 75

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 am Embiid is clearly frustrated with brett brown and how the offense has changed with the addition of butler. Pretending to interpret and twist those comments as anything else is asinine.
The offense hasn't changed THAT much with butler.

Embiid took 3.4 3pt attempts per game last year. He's taking 4.1 3pt attempts per game this year....Embiid took 13.4 2pt attempts per game last year. He's taking 14.5 2pt attempts per game this year.

Of Embiids 10 games this season with his most 3pt attempts, only 3 have come AFTER the Jimmy Butler trade...so there isn't some crazy change that's occurred in how/where Embiid is positioned on the court imo....he got frustrated with a few (really only 1, a loss) game stretch where the team struggled (against toronto) and he personally didn't play well...he should have not said what he said, but it's being blown out of proportion and twisted around to make it seem anti-coach and anti-butler when I don't think his actions or other recent interviews reflect those feelings....they're 9-3 since the trade. Trust the process, right?