Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 am We hate Embiid now? Jesus Christ.
No. Only pdub hates embiid. Pretty sure everyone else still thinks he's lion killing badass. I think these comments say more about butler than Embiid. Embiid is a franchise player, a stud with an award winning troll game and personality. Whats not to like. Great guy to have connected to KU.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am
TDub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 am Embiid is clearly frustrated with brett brown and how the offense has changed with the addition of butler. Pretending to interpret and twist those comments as anything else is asinine.
The offense hasn't changed THAT much with butler.

Embiid took 3.4 3pt attempts per game last year. He's taking 4.1 3pt attempts per game this year....Embiid took 13.4 2pt attempts per game last year. He's taking 14.5 2pt attempts per game this year.

Of Embiids 10 games this season with his most 3pt attempts, only 3 have come AFTER the Jimmy Butler trade...so there isn't some crazy change that's occurred in how/where Embiid is positioned on the court imo....he got frustrated with a few (really only 1, a loss) game stretch where the team struggled (against toronto) and he personally didn't play well...he should have not said what he said, but it's being blown out of proportion and twisted around to make it seem anti-coach and anti-butler when I don't think his actions or other recent interviews reflect those feelings....they're 9-3 since the trade. Trust the process, right?
Nobody here is saying that the offense has changed except Joel. You are arguing with him not me.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:07 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 am We hate Embiid now? Jesus Christ.
No. Only pdub hates embiid. Pretty sure everyone else still thinks he's lion killing badass. I think these comments say more about butler than Embiid. Embiid is a franchise player, a stud with an award winning troll game and personality. Whats not to like. Great guy to have connected to KU.
Probably the most likable NBAer since Shaq.

And, at the exact opposite end of the spectrum: Jimmy Butler.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am Dont argue with illy about the nba. He is the omnipotent nba guru god dontchaknow. Anyone elses opinion on the matter is just dust on the wind.
should've taken your own advice
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:36 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am Dont argue with illy about the nba. He is the omnipotent nba guru god dontchaknow. Anyone elses opinion on the matter is just dust on the wind.
should've taken your own advice
Aye. Indeed
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Embiid is like if Illanoy was one of the best basketball players in the world. Some of you would like his persona and constant antagonising and bravado and social media obsession. Others wouldn’t.

I prefer a dude like Mason or TRob.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And I’m not doubting Embiids skill—I think he could win mvp— just not a fan of how he acts at this point in his career ( and I understand he probably does charity things like most players in the NBA do so don’t post a link to something like that ).
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:44 pm And I’m not doubting Embiids skill—I think he could win mvp— just not a fan of how he acts at this point in his career ( and I understand he probably does charity things like most players in the NBA do so don’t post a link to something like that ).
Seems like a lot of the casual fans on social media are turning against him after this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thanks Geez.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Not sure why it seems Benny Mac wasn't dressed last night.
Devonte back to G League.
Joel with 33 and 17 in a loss.
Marcus with 27 and 9 in a win against his brother.
Kieff with 11 and 7 in a loss against his brother.
Oubs with 20 in a loss against Kieff's brother.
Wiggs with a team high 25 in a loss in which his team gave up 141 points.
Frank with a DNP CD.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU_OhXgrtq ... i346le3gaj

Graham may not be on the active roster, but he gets to sit by MJ and watch home games.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

what a thrill to get to sit next to a fringe top 10 all time player.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lol
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Watch....in todays charmin soft roll society Jordan will somehow get an assault charge for that.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:40 am Watch....in todays charmin soft roll society Jordan will somehow get an assault charge for that.
right?

somewhere on twitter, someone is outraged
Deleted User 75

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.nba.com ... rhh4vdje64

Wiggins moves up on Timberwolves all time scoring list.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Embiid had 28......in the 1st half.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Finished with 40 and 21.