Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wait, I figured that Boston had a top 5 pick and it looks like they don't. So, I'm still going with the Bulls having the more favorable setup than the Pelcs given the Pelcs likely return.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Shame for AD the Bools suck. If they were good maybe he would want to play for his hometown team.

This Chicagoan is playing a lot farther away from Chicago than anywhere AD will go.
Ummmm. Just wondering where CA got the $ for all the ink he says he got in college. I know, I know.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nVjjlVjNw
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

LOL oh cliff.

He loves flexin for the gram.

I'm glad he's getting paid to play. Far from my favorite Jayhawk, but I don't root against him.
Deleted User 183

Kind of sad when DG is only getting props for his hood.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPple2Hzfb/?
Deleted User 183

Svi saw 28 minutes of clock last night.
Followed up his 0-5 / 0-3 game with a 3-11 / 1-7 game. He does deserve credit for his 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.
I fucked up. Didn't realize both Joel and Jimmy were back for the 76ers. Took the Lakers in two different pick 5s. Needless to say (and yet I'm saying it) I went 4-1 in both of them. Sucks to be me.
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am Svi saw 28 minutes of clock last night.
Followed up his 0-5 / 0-3 game with a 3-11 / 1-7 game. He does deserve credit for his 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.
I fucked up. Didn't realize both Joel and Jimmy were back for the 76ers. Took the Lakers in two different pick 5s. Needless to say (and yet I'm saying it) I went 4-1 in both of them. Sucks to be me.
Download the rotogrinders app. I use it for daily fantasy. Usually has good timely updates on injury news and players resting.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vonte playing well enough to stay on the roster.
Was hoping he'd be with the Greensboro Swarm so I could catch him up here Friday night.
Instead, Cat Barber is coming to town.
Deleted User 183

Be happy you get to see other guys such as AW3 and my guy R.J. Hunter. I like the Red Claws roster.
I swear I would rather watch the Swarm play the Red Claws than watch 75% of NBA games.
Enjoy the game!
Deleted User 183

href="https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/10904 ... w">January 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Deleted User 75

Hudy did wonders for that kid.

He shot terrible again last night, but he looked good offensively and defensively. Took him a while to get comfortable at KU and when he did his shooting % went way up. I expect the same in the NBA. He's got a long career ahead of him.

We've got a lot of guys playing well lately....:

Embiid. Obviously an NBA candidate.

Marcus. Heart and soul of Boston...when kyrie is out he's a go to guy and usgage goes thru the roof.

Wiggins. Starting to play really well the last 7-10 days or so.

Jackson. Finally getting some minutes (and starts) and finding ways to impact games on both ends of the floor.

Oubre. Already making an impact on the suns. Had a sweet dunk last night or the night before assisted on by Josh. He's poised to really breakout and solidify himself as a starter in the league.

Diallo. Getting some minutes with AD Randle and Mirotic out.

Selden. Got the start a few games ago and put up a decent line. Cooled off the next game. Haven't checked tonight but with Lavine out he could get another start. Will definitely see increased minutes tonight regardless.

I'm forgetting others, but those are decent updates on some Jayhawks around the league from the last week or so.
Deleted User 183

Mr. Selden with a stellar game last night. 20 points and 8 assists in an unfortunate W.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtSMkbFA8fJ/?
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 183

Just read your post Illini...

Svi - I respectfully disagree. He does not have along career ahead of him if he shoots 32.8% from the floor. If he does improve like you (and I) think he will, he has the potential to have a nice career in the NBA.

Embiid - I am 99.9% sure you meant MVP candidate. Indeed he is but he's not going to win it this season.

Marcus - Blue Collar. Can't ask for much more from him. People will argue the other Marcus on the Celts is the "heart and soul" of the team.

Wiggins - Until he's a perennial all-star, fair or unfair, he will always be considered a disappointment.
You jinxed him last night. He was god awful in the 4th Quarter and didn't do jack shit in overtime either.
He's lucky his teammates picked him up.

Jackson - He's been solid recently. Averaging 15 and 7 in his last 5 games.

Oubre - See Jackson. He's an interesting player. Has an impact but is not a game changer.

Diallo - Might be in the league for 15 years and never average more than 6 and 6 for a season.

Selden - See Jackson and Oubre.

Kieff -

Frank -

Graham -

Ben -
Deleted User 75

Yes..mvp (not this year)..not NBA..1st team all NBA? Probably.
Deleted User 183

Joel = 26 and 20 last night in a W.
No reason why he can't be MVP one season but it's not going to be this one. Very well could finish top 4 or 5. Maybe even 3.
Deleted User 75

Ya. Harden pretty much has it locked up unless he gets hurt for a long period of time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You know, as much as I do believe the overall talent level in NBA is higher now than ever before, the Harden, Curry, Westbrook's winning the MVP year in and year out is pretty underwhelming.

But, I suppose it can be looked at like when Malone won over Jordan or Nash won over Shaq/Kobe.
Deleted User 75

I guess they can't really give it to LeBron every single year....but that's what it would be if they did it by who was truly the MVP.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 am I guess they can't really give it to LeBron every single year....but that's what it would be if they did it by who was truly the MVP.
really?

you think he's literally the most valuable player? i guess it kinda depends on your definition, but it would seem that others would rate higher if "value" was assessed on a team by team basis and not looked at from a league-wide perspective
Deleted User 75

How the Cavs doing this year?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ok?

how would the sixers be doing without Embiid?

how would the bucks be without the greek freak?

personally, i think harden is deserving this year