Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:34 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:54 am I may very well be in the minority here, but I felt good about this when I saw he went to Detroit...at least for Svi personally...but maybe I'm overlooking the differences in player development capabilities too much.
Getting away from LBJ is a good thing.
LOL.. it's been great for the Cavs!
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 pm I think reasonable minds can disagree on whether Love/Wiggins was the right decision. Certainly it worked out ok for the Cavs (although there's a healthy assist to the Draymond suspension to be noted).

Anthony Davis is awesome. But nothing could convince me that he's somehow become un-fragile. There are other options for max slots that all you have to do is pay them money. I don't think it's a great idea for the Lakers to give up more than two of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma.
Agreed. I think if they traded those guys individually for pieces they view as better fits with LeBron, and then picked up a different big name free agent in the off season FOR NOTHING they'd be better off. Even with LeBron only viable for another 4 or 5 years max.

But it's LA so they're trying to make a splash....I don't think they need to.

There are A LOT of guys they can get this summer. AD is incredible and the best of the bunch that would consider LA (not sure they could get KD or Kawhi who would be the other top options).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:28 pm
And the Love for Wiggins trade worked out, so I don't have much problem with it, even though I see both sides of that argument. They made the finals that year and without Love they wouldn't have.
Love played 4 games that postseason.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:33 am Svi is in a better situation (individually) in Detroit than he was in LA.

Reggie Bullock gets/got minutes in Detroit. Svi may likely get many/most of those because they need shooting.

Instead of Svi competing with Kuzma, Ingram, Lance, Hart, etc for minutes in LA, he will be competing with stanley Johnson, and Luke Kennard.....I'd take that 2nd situation if I were him...even though it's nicer to live in LA than Detroit.
stanley johnson got traded too. to the bucks for center thon maker
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:33 am Svi is in a better situation (individually) in Detroit than he was in LA.

Reggie Bullock gets/got minutes in Detroit. Svi may likely get many/most of those because they need shooting.

Instead of Svi competing with Kuzma, Ingram, Lance, Hart, etc for minutes in LA, he will be competing with stanley Johnson, and Luke Kennard.....I'd take that 2nd situation if I were him...even though it's nicer to live in LA than Detroit.
"Svi may likely get many/most of those because they need shooting".

I assume you didn't know the Pistons are trading/traded Johnson when you made your post.
Yes, less guys on the Pistons to prevent him from getting minutes is a HUGE bonus.
They sure do need shooting from the SG position and God knows the Pistons may have one of the worst problems in the league in terms of their SG. Problem is if they believe Svi is the permanent answer I might suggest they should call BofH asap.
Deleted User 75

Markieff traded to New Orleans. Not sure if that's good or bad. Bad if Randle and Mirotic aren't moved today.
Deleted User 183

Speaking of New Orleans.....Boom Cheicka Boom with a heck of a game last night. 18 points 9 rebounds and a game high +18.
Josh don't call me Michael Jackson is still on fire. 27 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals last night.
Oubs had 16 points but a game high -31.
Frank had 13 points last night.
Deleted User 75

Diallo really showing he can play with AD, Randle, and Mirotic all sitting out. Basically he and Okafor consuming most of the front court minutes.

Josh stays hot. He seems to put up big numbers when Booker is out.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

LOL frank is the man.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ben waived. Have to think that's it for him.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm Ben waived. Have to think that's it for him.
What happened to him? Career started with a lot of promise. Started most of the games his first 3 years, then gets shipped to Memphis and just forgets how to play basketball?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm Ben waived. Have to think that's it for him.
Stateside, at least. Seems like the kind of guy who could do really well making some coin doing cool basketball shit in China.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I thought he was the second coming of Ray Allen. Beautiful jump shot.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 pm I thought he was the second coming of Ray Allen. Beautiful jump shot.
i was there with you
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 pm I thought he was the second coming of Ray Allen. Beautiful jump shot.
I thought so too. turns out ray allen was a lot smarter player tho. could do stuff like dribble pass and play defense
Deleted User 75

Ben always has his music career to think about. He was in a good spot out in Cali.

I'm guessing he will catch on with someone else 1 more time at least. The 76ers may need bodies after getting rid of their entire team.
Deleted User 183

Whoops! I was late to the party. Sorry about that.
Deleted User 183

Suns have become the Jackson & Oubre show.
Jackson 19 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists.
Oubre 25 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals.

Wiggins had a very solid game stats wise.
23 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks.
Problem was as usual (and almost always) he pretty much disappeared late in the game.
Did absolutely nothing in the last 8 minutes other than grab a board and miss a couple of shots.