Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
kubandalum

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by kubandalum »

Mario is headed to Europe, at least for a while.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 06039.html
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Another opportunity for Mario to be a Final Four hero.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvz1BdZliiI/?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Devonte Graham is having the best A/TO ratio of any rookie PG in the last 20+ years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:44 pm Devonte Graham is having the best A/TO ratio of any rookie PG in the last 20+ years.
Only Miles could match Devonte's court vision in the Self era. Devonte had more basketball skill, though. Why I've always thought he'd find a spot in the league.

I wonder at times if we would have been even better with D'Tae playing on the ball more and Frank off given Frank was the more efficient scorer/Devonte the better passer.

One thing's for sure, Udoka missed D'Tae like crazy in the few games he played this season.
Deleted User 183

Joel with a triple double tonight. So far 32, 13, and 10. Had a little tiff with Bledsoe in the 1st Quarter that cost Bledsoe an ejection.
The Greek Freak may score a half a hundred.
Deleted User 183

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I played 10 years with who?"

Truth is speaking some truth.
Got drafted to Pitino's 36-46 Celtics in 99.
They had a young Ron Mercer and Antoine Walker and an aging Kenny Anderson.

Soon enough Pitino was canned.
In 2002 they made it to the Eastern Conference finals with Pierce and Walker and Tony Battie.
In 03 they got a washed up Vin Baker.
04 Pierce had Mark Blount - they drafted Kendrick Perkins.
05 Pierce had Ricky Davis and a 36 year old Gary Payton. Drafted Al Jefferson.
06 Celts got Ryan Gomes. LaFrentz was one of their best players.
07 was a shit show - Pierce was hurt for half the season. We know what happened after that.

NBA Finals MVP.
Champion.

But for nine seasons the best players Paul Pierce had were Antonie Walker, a 32% volume 3 point shooter, Mark Blount, a center who averaged 8 points in his career, and one year of Al Jefferson, who was then sent off in a trade.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Josh Jackson got a career high 35 points last night.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Paul Pierce will go down as one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

He’s easily a Top 50 player of all time and significantly better than Dwyane Wade
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:48 am Josh Jackson got a career high 35 points last night.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv6xuepHclz ... kxhh09lfib
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 am Paul Pierce will go down as one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

He’s easily a Top 50 player of all time and significantly better than Dwyane Wade
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7AsJTF_BP ... luuxaq4glb

Guess it depends on your definition of "significantly better".

They're comparable...but regardless, now isn't the time for PP to beat his own drum. let others do it for you or let it be. He's having issues letting go. His legacy speaks for itself. I don't know why he feels like he's got something to prove, and I don't know why he needs to put others down to boost himself. It's petty. But he's a TV personality now, so he's just doing his best Skip Bayless impersonation by saying things that grab attention.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

We all know you’re not a Kansas fan gutter jr
Deleted User 183

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 am Paul Pierce will go down as one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7AsJTF_BP ... luuxaq4glb

Guess it depends on your definition of "significantly better".

They're comparable...but regardless, now isn't the time for PP to beat his own drum. let others do it for you or let it be. He's having issues letting go. His legacy speaks for itself. I don't know why he feels like he's got something to prove, and I don't know why he needs to put others down to boost himself. It's petty. But he's a TV personality now, so he's just doing his best Skip Bayless impersonation by saying things that grab attention.
They are very comparable and my guess is it's close to 50/50 when people tell you who they think was the better player. I am a HUGE Pierce fan. Still can't definitively say I think he was a "significantly better" player than Wade.
Pierce wan't beating his own drum until someone gave him the drum and the drum sticks. He answered the question he was asked truthfully. No pun intended. I also don't think he was putting down Wade as much as he was hyping himself by saying how he felt. I can't disagree with him. I don't think anyone really can.
Deleted User 183

It blows my mind/I just don't get it.
Wiggins is either on the take or he has something seriously mentally wrong with him in which he feels a need to not earn his money and either play like shit or completely disappear in the 4th quarter of games.
I would like someone to do a study where they could figure out what NBA player is the least valuable based on his salary and 4th quarter performances.
Andrew Wiggins has to be that guy or at least in the top 5.
I swear last night was yet another example in which Wiggins was actually trying to lose the game.
Maybe Thibs told his guys to lose on purpose but then why have an 11 point lead with 4 minutes left to play?
Wolves were outscored 15-0 over the last 4 minutes of the game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Some people compete in sports out of an insatiable desire to battle and win.

Some people compete in sports because they are physically gifted enough to make a ton of money doing it.

Wiggins seems to be in Group B.
Deleted User 183

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Deleted User 183

Deleted User 183

Better than what he was wearing out and about a few days ago? His Hornets uni.
Thought that was awfully strange.

"https://www.instagram.com/p/BwQD82AhXox/?