Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Harden is deserving this year.

The 76ers would have Simmons and Butler...they would be fine.

The Lakers are awful without LeBron.

Giannis is a decent example...but LeBron is better than him.
Deleted User 75

Just like MJ should have gotten MVP every year during his prime, I will always kind of think the same about LeBron until he falls off.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ya, I shouldn't take anything away from Harden b/c he's doing enough to earn it.

It just kind of cheapens the legacies of truly great players. Durant has too few MVP's. LeBron does too, and he has a bunch. Embiid and Freak will end up with the award.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 am Ya, I shouldn't take anything away from Harden b/c he's doing enough to earn it.

It just kind of cheapens the legacies of truly great players. Durant has too few MVP's. LeBron does too, and he has a bunch. Embiid and Freak will end up with the award.
Imo, Durant gave up his chances at MVPs when he chose to join steph....KD is amazing, but he's not even the most important player on his team. The numbers I've seen tend to show that the Warriors struggle most without steph on the court more so than KD....there are a lot of nights where KD doesn't even seem interested. But maybe that's by design. Regular season warriors don't really give a shit most nights...they only need 1 or 2 of their starters to play hard and they can beat nearly every team...especially now that Boogie is back and looks dominant already.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't agree with that. Rebounding has become so much more important in the modern game.

KD is generational talent. Wherever he goes will be a title contender. Very few like that. Not even AD is like that.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't know if it's just normal Kings bullshit, probably is. But, I hope it's not time to start worrying about Frank's duration in the league.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 am
I don't know if it's just normal Kings bullshit, probably is. But, I hope it's not time to start worrying about Frank's duration in the league.
We should have been worrying since it began. He's undersized and he's stuck in Sacramento.

But I have no idea why that guy was trying to steal the ball when he was just going to dribble to clock out.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Even with the unreal numbers Harden puts up, I’m still taking LeBron #1 if we are picking teams. Because, as far as the sport goes, LeBron has equal value on the other HALF of the game.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 am I don't agree with that. Rebounding has become so much more important in the modern game.

KD is generational talent. Wherever he goes will be a title contender. Very few like that. Not even AD is like that.
We will get a better idea of that if KD goes to the Knicks this summer.

I agree KD is a generational talent...but he's never played on a title contender without another generational talent. The Warriors were already winning titles before him and would have still been winning them if he never came...well, unless he stuck it out in OKC and proved he could beat them. But he didn't. He hurt his legacy so bad by going to the team that his team had down 3-1.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 am Even with the unreal numbers Harden puts up, I’m still taking LeBron #1 if we are picking teams. Because, as far as the sport goes, LeBron has equal value on the other HALF of the game.
No doubt.

After LeBron it gets very difficult to decide. Could be Embiid. Could be Steph. Maybe Kawhi. Maybe KD. Maybe Giannis.

The problem is Giannis can't shoot....so at the end of games his team can't always just give him the ball and say go win it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 am I don't agree with that. Rebounding has become so much more important in the modern game.

We will get a better idea of that if KD goes to the Knicks this summer.

I agree KD is a generational talent...but he's never played on a title contender without another generational talent. The Warriors were already winning titles before him and would have still been winning them if he never came...well, unless he stuck it out in OKC and proved he could beat them. But he didn't. He hurt his legacy so bad by going to the team that his team had down 3-1.
Again, agree to disagree. Curry and Westbrook are very much superstars, but not legendary is-this-guy-a-top-10-player-ever kind of guy. Bron, KD, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan? Ya, those dudes are.
Deleted User 75

I just can't throw KD into that group. He hasn't earned it. Even though he's visually impressive.
Deleted User 75

It's all subjective though. No doubt about it. KD is amazing....but even westbrook, curry, and harden are doing/have done things that are historically unmatched. I'm not sure what KD has done? The weak move to GS may mean he's viewed more like a Tracy McGrady. Lethal scorer.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2 Finals MVP's. Best pure scorer in this new era of basketball.

Wade's a top 25-30 guy for reference.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KD is just, weird, though. So, I get it.

A friend compared him to ARod yesterday. Not the worst comparison at all.
Deleted User 75

Great comparison.

His story isn't finished being written. If he goes to the Knicks and brings them a title he will absolutely solidify himself in the group you mentioned....but he's got to leave Golden State and do it without those guys.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That's not completely unfair, but I think the Finals MVP's showed exactly who he is on that team and really shoots down the argument that he was carried there.

What do we all think of Magic? 5 titles: 1980: Kareem/Wilkes 1982: Kareem/Wilkes/McAdoo 1985: Kareem/McAdoo 1987: Kareem/Worthy 1988: Kareem/Worthy
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:02 am Giannis is a decent example...but LeBron is better than him.
heads up, sure, but that isn't the award (is it?). it is most valuable player, not best player
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:02 am Giannis is a decent example...but LeBron is better than him.
heads up, sure, but that isn't the award (is it?). it is most valuable player, not best player
I think it's a combo...going full on which team sucks most without "player A" opens up a lot of odd scenarios. Then players like Oladipo become good arguments...they were top 4ish in east when he went down....now they can't even win a game.

But if it's just most valuable to their team then it's easily Harden this year.

The bucks have a pretty good roster around Giannis. Equally as good as the Lakers imo, maybe better? Splitting hairs either way.