Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Kudos to The King.
Something to ponder about that is - if there was a 3 point line when Wilt played, how many 3 pointers would Wilt have shot - and made? My guess it the answer/s would be, not too many.
I'm left wondering - forgetting where he ranks on the all-time scoring list, why are there are some people who feel LeBron isn't a top 5 player of all time? Yes, there are some.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

cuz he’s a whiny little bitch?

(i actually would but him top 5, probably top 3)
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Anyone with LeBron outside of the top 3 is letting their personal bias (either against him, or for whoever they place above him other than MJ) get in the way of rational thinking.

Regardless of how much you think he whines.... (newsflash that's a generational thing, nearly every player not named Kawhi Leonard is a whiny player nowadays...I will say Wiggins doesn't seem to whine very much either).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

My top 3:

Wilt
LeBron
Chuck Nevitt
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am I will say Wiggins doesn't seem to whine very much either).
That had to be really hard for you. I'm proud.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am I will say Wiggins doesn't seem to whine very much either).
I love Wiggins. Always have.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 am
You struggle to have positive things to say about KU players. I thought you were very brave.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

With coming in to the league so young and so much more physically prepared, we are going to see a wave of guys roll up the all time lists over the next 15 years. Durant, Curry, Harden, Giannis, Embiid, etc... the NBA is really fun and exciting right now.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am Anyone with LeBron inside of the top 3 is letting their personal bias get in the way of rational thinking.

Fyp
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am Anyone with Chuck Nevitt outside of the top 3 is letting their personal bias get in the way of rational thinking.

Fyp

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 am
You struggle to have positive things to say about KU players. I thought you were very brave.

Post-Jimmy Butthole Wiggins is here!

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1 ... 60864?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

I am brave. Thank you.

It's not that I don't think just as many positive things about our players and former players as I do negative things...I think in this type of message board environment it becomes easier to focus on the negatives for whatever reason, especially with someone like Wiggins who we had such high hopes for (likely somewhat unrealistic to project someone out to be the next LeBron or maple Jordan).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

How demoralizing is it if you try to challenge a guy's dunk at the rim and the sole of his shoe hits you at about dick level?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am

I am brave. Thank you.

It's not that I don't think just as many positive things about our players and former players as I do negative things...I think in this type of message board environment it becomes easier to focus on the negatives for whatever reason, especially with someone like Wiggins who we had such high hopes for (likely somewhat unrealistic to project someone out to be the next LeBron or maple Jordan).
I'm the complete opposite. I see Embiid is on pace to get a 40/20 game and I want to post it here right away. I see Svi play 4 minutes and miss 2 shots from 3, and posting about it never even enters my mind.

This is especially true of guy's in the NBA, most guys never make it, most of the guys who do, have a cup of coffee, most of the guys who stick around don't make a big impact, most of the guys who make a big impact never become trule elite players.

The odds favor failure, so it's never a surprise to me when someone struggles. The fact that Oubre plays 25+ mpg should be celebrated more so than the fact that Jackson is struggling in year two.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 am
I am brave. Thank you.

I'm the complete opposite. I see Embiid is on pace to get a 40/20 game and I want to post it here right away. I see Svi play 4 minutes and miss 2 shots from 3, and posting about it never even enters my mind.

This is especially true of guy's in the NBA, most guys never make it, most of the guys who do, have a cup of coffee, most of the guys who stick around don't make a big impact, most of the guys who make a big impact never become trule elite players.

The odds favor failure, so it's never a surprise to me when someone struggles. The fact that Oubre plays 25+ mpg should be celebrated more so than the fact that Jackson is struggling in year two.
Number of posts in the "Jayhawks in the NBA" thread by PhD........ZERO.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 am

I am brave. Thank you.

Guess I post in the wrong threads.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about if you want evidence:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=814&p=6901&hilit=embiid#p6901

Also, you are aware that this is a new board right? The posts from dotnet didn't carry over.

*I also JUST TWO POSTS above yours made a positive comment about Wiggins' athleticism.

So keep trying Frontbutt.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:02 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 am

Guess I post in the wrong threads.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about if you want evidence:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=814&p=6901&hilit=embiid#p6901

Also, you are aware that this is a new board right? The posts from dotnet didn't carry over.

*I also JUST TWO POSTS above yours made a positive comment about Wiggins' athleticism.

So keep trying Frontbutt.
"Hey honey congrats, your ass doesn't hit the door frame when you walk by any more" isn't the same as "hey honey congrats, you have really lost a ton of weight" even if it technically means the same thing.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Guess some asshole woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in a mood to fight.

Pretty sure I've posted my fair share of positive stuff about KU players in the NBA over the years across 3 message boards now. Just like you've built up a pretty solid history of being, almost exclusively, a prick.

Haven't watched much NBA this year, the season's pretty early and college is better anyway. How often I post is meaningless, we're talking about the content.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wilt was pure art; LeBron is muscle mass. Either could be unstoppable and are top two for that reason IMHO.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:26 am Wilt was pure art; LeBron is muscle mass. Either could be unstoppable and are top two for that reason IMHO.
Chuck Nevitt was both.