Rupp Rafters Meltdown

Kansas Basketball.
t_jayhawk

Rupp Rafters Meltdown

Post by t_jayhawk »

Bitch at me for going on an opposing team’s messageboard all you want.... Holy shit, it’s a shitshow when they are losing. They are seriously the worst fans in all of sports.
DrPepper

Re: Rupp Rafters Meltdown

Post by DrPepper »

Duke 72
UK 47
With 16 min remaining in 2nd half
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Has the #1 team ever beat a top 10 team, had no losses and dropped to number 2 the next week? I hate Duke with a passion but they look great
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

hi tj!
t_jayhawk

Post by t_jayhawk »

Hi ous!

Duke looks great but Kentucky’s defense sucks balls.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

I’m getting on the Kansas train. They are very very very good. Barrett is the #1 pick I think as far as draft. A great scorer.
t_jayhawk

Post by t_jayhawk »

If he hits his outside shot consistently, he almost certainly is.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

LVCHawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 pm Has the #1 team ever beat a top 10 team, had no losses and dropped to number 2 the next week? I hate Duke with a passion but they look great
No shit. They look like they may be nearly unbeatable by the end of the year.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

By the end of the year or after last night?
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:13 am By the end of the year or after last night?
Maybe both?
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

The ESPN Zion hype is as annoying as anticipated. Barrett looked amazing.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Would have no problem with Duke pulling a 2015 Kentucky, or a 1991 UNLV, or 1975 Indiana.
Deleted User 75

NLowrider wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 am The ESPN Zion hype is as annoying as anticipated. Barrett looked amazing.
I agree. Front page of ESPN is nearly all Duke. No kansas anywhere to be found. LOL
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

In wake of recent events concerning KU’s name I am just fine with this team and program not being front page news. Let the hype train build on Duke.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:48 am
NLowrider wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 am The ESPN Zion hype is as annoying as anticipated. Barrett looked amazing.
I agree. Front page of ESPN is nearly all Duke. No kansas anywhere to be found. LOL
Duke just vaporized the team many stupidly picked to win the national title. Turns out that mediocre UK freshmen return to be mediocre sophomores. Duke will make a lot of teams look bad this year but UK most definitely isn't a top ten team.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 am
UK most definitely isn't a top ten team.
That might be a bit overly critical. I can't pick 8 teams (other than kansas and Duke) that would be considered clearly better than UK. Most teams (even other top 10 teams) would have been destroyed by Duke last night the way they played. They were impressive.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 am

UK most definitely isn't a top ten team.
That might be a bit overly critical. I can't pick 8 teams (other than kansas and Duke) that would be considered clearly better than UK. Most teams (even other top 10 teams) would have been destroyed by Duke last night the way they played. They were impressive.
UK can't shoot and can't guard. They thought that Travis would be way more than he is. And they thought that a few of their freshmen coming back would result in better play. They are going to have some problems. They aren't awful but they don't look like a team that will finish as a top two seed. We'll see what the rest of the good teams around the nation look like but Uk fans are right to be concerned right now. Woof.
Deleted User 75

It's 1 game. I think it's too early to tell what Travis will be for UK or how their freshman and sophomores will continue to develop. I agree they're not on duke's level (nobody in the country may be) or Kansas' level...but I wasn't very impressed with Michigan state either and they're number 10.

We've played in the champions classic and looked god awful before and ended up playing for a national title....I don't think UK will replicate that, but it's easy to look awful in the 1st game of the season in these marquee type match ups.

I don't think UK is great, they're overrated every year the first polls, but they're probably still a top 10 team. Seems like a down year in CBB overall. Duke and Kansas may separate themselves from the pack.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ESPN is 99.9 percent responsible for the shoe controversy. Tsk tsking at KU. Hyping a kid that chooses their favorite school.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Tenn = SEC champ?
Defense. Rebounds.