Vick

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Vick

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:18 pm ....
Meh
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’m not bashing Vick, but he usually looks good vs lesser competition. Happy for him that he’s had a couple of great games recently. That can only be a good thing moving forward
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps more than any stat line, my favorite thing lately has been his body language.

Instead of acting like a standoffish high school kid, he’s acting like a focused athlete who wants to - and has maybe finally realized he’s able to - just fucking win!
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

HCBS said Vick might be a little over enthusiastic right now, but heck, I’m not gonna tell him not to be. I like it. I like the direction he’s going.
I am, I said.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Well.that was fun. Awesome to see that in person. Vick was making good plays all over the floor tonight. Good rebounds, hustling, and of ckurse draining tons of shots. Happy for him. With Dok getting so much attention he will keep getting open looks.

On to the next ones in Brooklyn. Marquette and then maybe Tennessee who looked very good last week. Fun!
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 pm Perhaps more than any stat line, my favorite thing lately has been his body language.

Instead of acting like a standoffish high school kid, he’s acting like a focused athlete who wants to - and has maybe finally realized he’s able to - just fucking win!
I have no doubt he wants to win but I do wonder if winning is more important to him than his realizing he wasn't going to be an NBA player before this KU season and now this is his final audition.
Whatever it may be, he's been in beast mode and if that helps KU win, it's great thing.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Soklous wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 am Image

HCBS said Vick might be a little over enthusiastic right now, but heck, I’m not gonna tell him not to be. I like it. I like the direction he’s going.
You could tell the coaches were getting annoyed with his celebrating and trash talking the other team and their bench.

I personally liked it, but a few times it may have rubbed off on our young guys where they were too busy celebrating to the crowd and not getting back on defense.

There's another angle on that pic that shows snacks and maybe KT kind of glaring at him. It's a fine line to toe between not showing emotion and doing too much playing to the crowd.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

not my preferred reaction, but if he keeps putting up numbers i’m not going to complain

the last guy i can remember that celebrated as much as Vick was Giddens
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not a fan of that.
( tongue out, that's Boscheebullshit )
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Vick was named Big12 player of the week for the first time in his career.
I am, I said.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

On to the next
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right?
Just on the next I guess.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm Dunno if we can say he’s our fourth best player. Or that Garrett should play over him.
Garrett was pretty good offensively tonight right?
Did you guys see that one single dunk?
Wow. What a dunk.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i also saw the pull-up jumper that didn’t draw iron
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He hit the backboard tho.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm Dunno if we can say he’s our fourth best player. Or that Garrett should play over him.
Garrett was pretty good offensively tonight right?
Did you guys see that one single dunk?
Wow. What a dunk.
From the stands, Garrett seemed awful on offense. He had one good dunk and either turned the ball over or took shots that were so terrible they were basically turnovers.

Maybe he did things that were not noticeable from the cheap seats, who knows.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wasn't sarcastic enough with my 'did you guys see that one single dunk. wow, what a dunk'.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 pm I wasn't sarcastic enough with my 'did you guys see that one single dunk. wow, what a dunk'.
Oops, sorry. I blew out my sarcasm radar screaming! My ears are still ringing and I now have a mild migraine. Gonna be a long ride back to Omaha.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Twocoach, why not find an Airbnb or cheapie hotel and stay the night in Lawrence? Especially with the nasty cold hiways. We want you to be safe!!