Vick

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Vick

Post by pdub »

I knew you were going to say that.
It's pointless arguing with you.
I don't know how I get drawn in, like driving by a car accident.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

:-o
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:07 pm I knew you were going to say that.
That's why I put him on ignore. I can't tell if it's intellectual dishonesty, plain old stupidity, or more likely both.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

And I am curious as to which stats jfish would want you to bring up...
Deleted User 75

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:07 pm I knew you were going to say that.
That's why I put him on ignore. I can't tell if it's intellectual dishonesty, plain old stupidity, or more likely both.
To point out Bragg got kicked off the team?

Wtf are you even talking about. LOL
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I use ‘ignore’ and I don’t think I miss anything I care about. In other words, threads still read perfectly.
The only thing that still sucks is that I check threads for new posts, but the new post(s) is from the person I have on ignore. That is a small price to pay.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 pm "glass-half full statistical summaries"

PPG. FG%. 3FG%.
Glass-half full.
I'll be sure to remember that whenever JFish or CnB uses any of those metrics as an argument, that they are simply using glass-half full statistical summaries.
Agreed. The voices saying we are better without Vick wont claim the same if Agbaji and Dotson don't continue to have career nights every night and the three point shooting goes cold.

This team needs capable bodies especially one that can shoot a three. Plug Vick back in off the bench instead of Moore. He is a huge upgrade in that role.
Deleted User 75

What if the other players don't want Vick on the team anymore?

And LOL @ anyone thinking Vick would buy in to coming off the bench in a support role...I just don't see that happening.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

dammit. Did you guys chase off hawklin again?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

He's lurking and occasionally posting. Avoiding the nonsense that inevitably transpires is my guess.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm And I am curious as to which stats jfish would want you to bring up...
Well I'm sort of stuck - I'm told that PPG, FG% and 3FG% matter (despite their flaws), but that other flawed stats (like +/-) don't matter. I can't quickly find a source for things like game-by-game win probability added, to demonstrate (or disprove!) a recent decline.

Absent ShotTracker and similar data, I can't demonstrate (or disprove!) that Vick is playing with low energy, and that the ball (and our offense) sticks when he's on the floor.

Which is all sort of the point of cherry-picking the checkers-level stats to say he's a good player right now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 amAnd LOL @ anyone thinking Vick would buy in to coming off the bench in a support role
Vick doesn't hold any cards right now.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 amAnd LOL @ anyone thinking Vick would buy in to coming off the bench in a support role
But if he's not going to buy in and it's going to cause a distraction then why even bring him back.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am
But if he's not going to buy in and it's going to cause a distraction then why even bring him back.
You don't.

You're now arguing two different things. I'm saying it's likely that Vick will yet again have conditions on any return to the team. He either accepts them or he doesn't. And, not accepting them is pretty dangerous for his career/life at this point.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:08 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm And I am curious as to which stats jfish would want you to bring up...
Well I'm sort of stuck - I'm told that PPG, FG% and 3FG% matter (despite their flaws), but that other flawed stats (like +/-) don't matter. I can't quickly find a source for things like game-by-game win probability added, to demonstrate (or disprove!) a recent decline.

Absent ShotTracker and similar data, I can't demonstrate (or disprove!) that Vick is playing with low energy, and that the ball (and our offense) sticks when he's on the floor.

Which is all sort of the point of cherry-picking the checkers-level stats to say he's a good player right now.
There's video is Steve Kerr discussing +/- with Steph Curry during a game....

Kerr says "I know you're not shooting well, but look at your +/-, you impact the game in so many ways, keep plugging away, don't worry about the shots not falling, you do so much for us when you're out there"

If Kerr is looking at +/- during a game then I tend to think it's at least somewhat worthwhile.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am

You don't.

You're now arguing two different things. I'm saying it's likely that Vick will yet again have conditions on any return to the team. He either accepts them or he doesn't. And, not accepting them is pretty dangerous for his career/life at this point.
I'm not arguing with you.

My guess, Self isn't going to lay out more "terms and conditions" in mid February after not even wanting him back in the first place...he failed at his original terms and conditions to return in the 1st place quite possible (if this isn't truly a personal issue).

If it's not a personal issue, then the ride is over.

We will probably never know the truth.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bruh, you can't follow anything.

Your original statement: "And LOL @ anyone thinking Vick would buy in to coming off the bench in a support role."

It's exhausting.
Deleted User 75

Vick ain't coming back to be a bench player.

He just won't come back. He's not going anywhere but overseas regardless.

Is that better?

I have no idea what you want my opinion or response to be.

It's either a personal issue and he'll come back to his normal role, or its not and he was sent home in a media friendly way.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Exactly. It's very possible in the coming weeks Vick will approach Self about re-joining the team. I'm sure Self will tell Vick that he's welcome as long as he has the support of his teammates.

They may want him, they may not. But the Soap Opera that has been Vick is pretty much neutralized. The team is playing well without him. At this point the only thing he has to offer is as a long-range shooter off the bench. If he doesn't accept it, bye, good luck and thanks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am
Exactly. It's very possible in the coming weeks Vick will approach Self about re-joining the team. I'm sure Self will tell Vick that he's welcome as long as he has the support of his teammates.

They may want him, they may not. But the Soap Opera that has been Vick is pretty much neutralized. The team is playing well without him. At this point the only thing he has to offer is as a long-range shooter off the bench. If he doesn't accept it, bye, good luck and thanks.
Chikn gets it!