Vick

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: Vick

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Jesus, Vick is still leading us in scoring. I didn't see this coming. Even though our team is a work in progress, he's been playing beyond my expectations.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 pm I wasn't sarcastic enough with my 'did you guys see that one single dunk. wow, what a dunk'.
Oops, sorry. I blew out my sarcasm radar screaming! My ears are still ringing and I now have a mild migraine. Gonna be a long ride back to Omaha.
Have a good trip back.
You got treated to an exciting game which either is good or bad.
For people who love a good game like that, good, for me, unless it's a game where we are clear underdogs, it's a tough anxious enjoyment.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 pm I wasn't sarcastic enough with my 'did you guys see that one single dunk. wow, what a dunk'.
Oops, sorry. I blew out my sarcasm radar screaming! My ears are still ringing and I now have a mild migraine. Gonna be a long ride back to Omaha.
On to the next.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vick was in that zone to where you said, 'get the ball in his hands!' on every trip.
Charlie Moore went down one possession and didn't get Vick a touch and they went empty handed.
Vick woulda scored again. And he did on his next chance.

He won the game for us tonight.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Please refer to him as MR. VICK.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

3rdGenJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:39 pm Twocoach, why not find an Airbnb or cheapie hotel and stay the night in Lawrence? Especially with the nasty cold hiways. We want you to be safe!!
I go to the games with some members of my family who live in KC and dropped my 5 year old off prior to the game to play with her cousins and grandpa. In hindsight, I could have just stayed at their house but I made it home no problem. It just took an extra hour. After years of living in Detroit, Cleveland, Colorado and now Omaha, I kinda like driving in the snow. It's all good. Just need a beer or two to unravel the white knuckle knots in my shoulders.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm Vick was in that zone to where you said, 'get the ball in his hands!' on every trip.
Charlie Moore went down one possession and didn't get Vick a touch and they went empty handed.
Vick woulda scored again. And he did on his next chance.

He won the game for us tonight.
Never seen a guy on this much of a tear before. Mr. Vick got it dialed in and finished freaking 7-8 from three. I can't find game logs for the older three point shooters like Terry Brown and Jeff Boschee, did either of them ever have three games in a season where they hit 7+ three pointers? Vick's done it in just six damn games. Svi's high was 6 and he only did that three times in his whole senior season.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I didn't think Vick would become this good of a shooter. I have to wonder if it will continue or if it's just a hot streak with the law of averages waiting to arrive. Has he become a Buddy Hield type of player?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d love to see him keep up this pace. But a part of me also is feelin what twocoach is throwing down—we expect a regression at some point.

He is taking over games at this point — just what we want a senior to do.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

We'd have 2 or 3 losses without Mr Vick.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

same could probably be said about Dedric and Devon
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dedric, yes, Devon, nah.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 am Dedric, yes, Devon, nah.
points can come from multiple places on this team

ball handling not so much
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 am Dedric, yes, Devon, nah.
Dedric yea, devon 100% yes
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Junior Vick would have followed up his shitty first half with a completely absent 2nd half.

It’s 100% an attitude/mental improvement.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Charlie could have filled in. Devon hasn’t taken over. He hasn’t won games. He’s been a solid contributor, more than expected, and he’s key to our success but if I were to rank the guys we have needed the most so far it’d be Dedric and Vick and then a gap and then an argument between Dok and Devon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Charlie is capable of bringing the ball up and dishing. So is Vick for that matter ( he’s not a distributor but can bring the ball up fine ).

The gap between Dedric and Lightfoot/KJ/McCormack and the gap between Vick and Garrett/Grimes is, at this point, greater than the gap between Devon and Charlie.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Dotson might be the most important player on the team. could someone else dribble the ball up the court? sure. but thats different then getting us into our sets and handling the ball pressure. coach self seems to agree there is a reason dotson played 43 minutes yesterday.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dotson saves so many possessions with his quickness and maybe more importantly his ability to stay in control while moving at mach speed. Also, he rarely makes poor decisions. Amazing bball IQ for a freshman
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Vick will cool off. Impossible to keep this pace up.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"