Vick

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Vick

Post by pdub »

It's too late now to get him back on the team.
Wish the guy well, hope he gets his problems figured out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Self said he is officially not coming back this year.

Still a little odd that they didn’t do anything for him on Saturday considering he is still officially on the roster.

Heard through the grapevine that he has had some bipolar issues and that he is getting help on that. Complete rumor, don’t know the validity, but considering how he has looked when he’s engaged versus when he’s not, it wouldn’t shock me if that’s the case. But pure speculation.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:08 pm Self said he is officially not coming back this year.

Still a little odd that they didn’t do anything for him on Saturday considering he is still officially on the roster.

Heard through the grapevine that he has had some bipolar issues and that he is getting help on that. Complete rumor, don’t know the validity, but considering how he has looked when he’s engaged versus when he’s not, it wouldn’t shock me if that’s the case. But pure speculation.
if that’s the case, then there is at least some “blame” on his support group - family, friends, and team - for not helping him get what he needed sooner

that said, and speaking from personal experience, you can’t help someone in that situation that isn’t ready to help themselves
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:08 pmStill a little odd that they didn’t do anything for him on Saturday considering he is still officially on the roster.
There's only one possible explanation where the whole scenario, including and especially in light of Saturday, makes any logical sense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Only one possible explanation.
Tell us Laura Bauer, what you got.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Got kicked off the team for not adhering to his conditions of reinstatement.

Mental health or drug rehabilitation issues that required family and professional assistance

Outstanding warrant in Memphis that requires a modified house arrest thus making it impossible to travel with the team

Haha I mean, obviously, none of this is based on any fact but the plausible scenarios are numerous.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hawklin probably knows more than we do about this. Too bad he got chased off......again..... somewhere about 40 pages ago in this thread. If we delete this thread can we get him back?
Just Ledoux it
surly

Post by surly »

Too bad he didn't stay in Mancrappin'.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

What the fuck are you talking about timmy? Shouldnt be over on the kstate board handing out DVDs and celebrating brucies bronze bust lifetime achievement award?
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:52 pm Got kicked off the team for not adhering to his conditions of reinstatement.
This would make sense.
TDub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:52 pmMental health or drug rehabilitation issues that required family and professional assistance
Now that Saturday has happened, this is off the table. Last week was supposed to be "gush all over Vick week" and it turned into "he who must not be named" on the Fieldhouse on Saturday. If he was gone on his own accord, at the very worst, he gives a video tribute. Instead his face wasn't even shown once, but we had a pregame dedication to the managers and trainers, and then a halftime presentation to honor all of the senior band members. If he was in good standing w/ Bill, there's no reason to hide him.
TDub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:52 pmOutstanding warrant in Memphis that requires a modified house arrest thus making it impossible to travel with the team.
Media would be all over this.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Has to do with custody of his daughter. He needs to be "present" to have custody.
Ok, that was just an assumption based on nothing significant.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I move we wish him the best and move on. Speculating isn't doing anyone any good.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:52 pmMental health or drug rehabilitation issues that required family and professional assistance
Now that Saturday has happened, this is off the table.
No, it's not Laura.
And you're a lawyer?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Definitely a re-building time. Reminds me a lot of 2006, which isn't a bad thing at all. Have to wonder if Udoka and SDS are also gone after this Spring. We have some guys that are going to be really good in 2 or 3 years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

lobster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm Definitely a re-building time. Reminds me a lot of 2006, which isn't a bad thing at all. Have to wonder if Udoka and SDS are also gone after this Spring. We have some guys that are going to be really good in 2 or 3 years.
Should have given up over a month ago on seeing Udoka or De Sousa in a KU uniform next season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm Definitely a re-building time. Reminds me a lot of 2006, which isn't a bad thing at all. Have to wonder if Udoka and SDS are also gone after this Spring. We have some guys that are going to be really good in 2 or 3 years.
Should have given up over a month ago on seeing Udoka or De Sousa in a KU uniform next season.
I do wonder just a bit if Silvio is looking at any possibility of just staying until Senior year. Yeah, he could go overseas, but he could stay and continue to practice against some top guys and then play all senior year with no worries.. He could be one of the main guys his Senior year. He also really seems to like it here.

I don't think it's that much out of the realm. Not that likely, but I think about a 20% chance at most.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Move the decimal one to the left there.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm
I do wonder just a bit if Silvio is looking at any possibility of just staying until Senior year. Yeah, he could go overseas, but he could stay and continue to practice against some top guys and then play all senior year with no worries.. He could be one of the main guys his Senior year. He also really seems to like it here.

I don't think it's that much out of the realm. Not that likely, but I think about a 20% chance at most.
Gah, it's absolute bullshit that that might be an option for him.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If there was even a slight chance De Sousa was thinking about staying we'd hear about his appeal. My guess is that isn't even something we're looking into because he's not staying.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:02 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Gah, it's absolute bullshit that that might be an option for him.
I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I just don't know if there's anything else he can do. I don't think he can go to Europe or G-League and play right now. This might be his only option. And that sucks for him.