Vick

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Vick

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm If there was even a slight chance De Sousa was thinking about staying we'd hear about his appeal. My guess is that isn't even something we're looking into because he's not staying.
I wonder if they'll do appeal this offseason in hopes of him being eligible the next 2 years. Kind of weird how we haven't heard anything on that. So maybe NCAA and KU are working on something behind the scenes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well, I also wonder if it's "leave it alone" time on De Sousa now that there are so many rumblings on sanction investigations. I think it's best that we never say again that Gassnola was a booster until we know if/what sanctions are being thrown down.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:07 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:02 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm

I do wonder just a bit if Silvio is looking at any possibility of just staying until Senior year. Yeah, he could go overseas, but he could stay and continue to practice against some top guys and then play all senior year with no worries.. He could be one of the main guys his Senior year. He also really seems to like it here.

I don't think it's that much out of the realm. Not that likely, but I think about a 20% chance at most.
Gah, it's absolute bullshit that that might be an option for him.
I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I just don't know if there's anything else he can do. I don't think he can go to Europe or G-League and play right now. This might be his only option. And that sucks for him.
Ya, the "BS" part is referring to that he's in this position, instead of starring for a major basketball brand.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yes, because I think if there was an appeal you'd have a reasonable shot at him being eligible next season, but I don't think KU wants to risk it.

If he was eligible, I'd say that staying was his best option.

But there's no argument that can be made that he's better off waiting another year not playing when he could play overseas. And he can play overseas...not sure in what league, but somewhere.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dok 11%.
DeSousa 1%.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:08 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm If there was even a slight chance De Sousa was thinking about staying we'd hear about his appeal. My guess is that isn't even something we're looking into because he's not staying.
I wonder if they'll do appeal this offseason in hopes of him being eligible the next 2 years. Kind of weird how we haven't heard anything on that. So maybe NCAA and KU are working on something behind the scenes.
Why is it weird that we haven't heard any of the tiny actions taking place behind the scenes? We would never hear those actions or details. It's not weird at all. Self isn't going to tell any one that they filed this or that piece of paperwork.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:52 pm
Why is it weird that we haven't heard any of the tiny actions taking place behind the scenes? We would never hear those actions or details. It's not weird at all. Self isn't going to tell any one that they filed this or that piece of paperwork.
We heard those details earlier this season and last season.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm Definitely a re-building time. Reminds me a lot of 2006, which isn't a bad thing at all. Have to wonder if Udoka and SDS are also gone after this Spring. We have some guys that are going to be really good in 2 or 3 years.
Should have given up over a month ago on seeing Udoka or De Sousa in a KU uniform next season.
I was more referring to the slight chance of SDS sticking around. I think Udoka is likely going to put his name in the draft. He's very young though, so sticking around his senior year would not hurt him. Everyone knows he's injury-prone and that's an asterisk that he cannot get rid of.

Bottom line is, I'm assuming both of these guys are gone and if either of them return, it's a bonus.

I know a lot of our guys were rough this year, but I think the future is bright if they stick around.
noosh

Post by noosh »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm Definitely a re-building time. Reminds me a lot of 2006, which isn't a bad thing at all. Have to wonder if Udoka and SDS are also gone after this Spring. We have some guys that are going to be really good in 2 or 3 years.
Should have given up over a month ago on seeing Udoka or De Sousa in a KU uniform next season.
I do wonder just a bit if Silvio is looking at any possibility of just staying until Senior year. Yeah, he could go overseas, but he could stay and continue to practice against some top guys and then play all senior year with no worries.. He could be one of the main guys his Senior year. He also really seems to like it here.

I don't think it's that much out of the realm. Not that likely, but I think about a 20% chance at most.
Holy fucking shit. You prob think you have a 50/50 shot on Powerball, huh?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:55 pm

And we were told that we should hear back from the appeal process within a couple of weeks when Long had his presser.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Don't allow yourself to get nooshed.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm What the fuck are you talking about timmy? Shouldnt be over on the kstate board handing out DVDs and celebrating brucies bronze bust lifetime achievement award?
have they upgraded from vhs?
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"JayHawk"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Self on DeSousa, hoping they hear in his appeal prior to the NBA Draft deadlines so he can make an informed decision:

"We think that there's a chance (he wins his appeal)". Self said. "I'm not involved with the legal aspect of what's going on, but certainly we're hopeful, because what it does, it certainly puts him in a situation where he's got to make decisions without all the information, which is hard to do."

So yes, it appears that the appeal exists and has been filed.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I believe that jeff long said something along the same way....'we are hopeful it will play out favorably and that we have no new updates.'
Holidaysmore - 2005
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Anyone know yet if Vick is coming back?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:17 pm Anyone know yet if Vick is coming back?
I think he is waiting for Morningstar to decide.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Well...he'd better hurry up and decide. Season ends on Monday.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:38 pm
Self on DeSousa, hoping they hear in his appeal prior to the NBA Draft deadlines so he can make an informed decision:

"We think that there's a chance (he wins his appeal)". Self said. "I'm not involved with the legal aspect of what's going on, but certainly we're hopeful, because what it does, it certainly puts him in a situation where he's got to make decisions without all the information, which is hard to do."

So yes, it appears that the appeal exists and has been filed.
Ouch.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/ ... 2737972224