Vick

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: Vick

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Only took them all of February, all of March, and more than half of April.
I'll laugh really hard when Silvio announces in the next week that regardless of the decision on the appeal he won't be coming back to KU.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KU, punctual as ever.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

He will declare for the draft. With absolutely zero chance of getting drafted.

He will eventually be declared eligible for the 2019-20 season.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:58 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:55 pm

We heard those details earlier this season and last season.
Self on DeSousa, hoping they hear in his appeal prior to the NBA Draft deadlines so he can make an informed decision:

"We think that there's a chance (he wins his appeal)". Self said. "I'm not involved with the legal aspect of what's going on, but certainly we're hopeful, because what it does, it certainly puts him in a situation where he's got to make decisions without all the information, which is hard to do."

So yes, it appears that the appeal exists and has been filed.
Ouch.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/ ... 2737972224
Cool, glad they finally got it submitted. I hope he wins and we get SDS on the team next year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am KU, punctual as ever.
It's the damn lawyers.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I thought we were lead to believe that this appeal was submitted around the same time that he was declared ineligible not three months later...
Holidaysmore - 2005
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 am He will declare for the draft. With absolutely zero chance of getting drafted.

He will eventually be declared eligible for the 2019-20 season.
I guess we can all conclude, based on this analysis, that Silvio will not declare for the draft and that he will not be declared eligible for the 2019-20 season.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am I thought we were lead to believe that this appeal was submitted around the same time that he was declared ineligible not three months later...
Self has very much done this
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am I thought we were lead to believe that this appeal was submitted around the same time that he was declared ineligible not three months later...
Self has very much done this
Very bizarre.
vegashawk

Post by vegashawk »

Unless I missed it, does it not seem odd that nothing has leaked about Vick and Self and what really went down. To many ancillary people that must know stuff yet have kept quiet.
Honored to have been voted 2017 kansascrimson poster of the year
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Self's previous quotes were that he was hopeful that Silvio would win his appeal. No indication that KU filed a formal appeal.

There could also be the possibility of informal stuff.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Maybe it is a process...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

In other news, LSU reinstates head coach Will Wade after meeting with school and NCAA officials.

Which led too...LSU AD Joe Alleva Expected to Resign Amid Will Wade Bribery Scandal ... He also "drew fan ire" when he suspended men's basketball coach Will Wade, who was alleged to have violated recruiting ...

This whole thing is such a cluster fuck. I am beginning to think the NCAA is complicit in this whole mess. Every sane person knows the shoe companies are paying players to go to certain schools. Nike hired Marvin Bagley's dad to run his own team on the summer circuit, and then his son goes to Duke.

The NCAA has a problem and its is The NCAA basketball tournament. This is how the NCAA makes all its money. They get jack from football but they get all the money from Basketball.

Now here is the kicker. The super conferences that were being pushed by football can easily get to four 16 school conferences and just kick the freaking NCAA to the curb and steal the billion dollar basketball tourney the fuck away from them.

Fuck the NCAA and their stupidity.

w
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Unless I’m mistaken, Vick is only the 3rd Self SENIOR(!) ever to not graduate?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'm surprised it's that many. Who were the other two?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sherron. Other one is Bryant Nash, I believe.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I realize they didn't graduate with their senior class but Sherron and Nash both graduated.
Kudos to them.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:19 pm Unless I’m mistaken, Vick is only the 3rd Self SENIOR(!) ever to not graduate?
Can we all agree, in hindsight, that Vick never, ever should have been attributed with the good shit that comes with being a SENIOR?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:19 pm Unless I’m mistaken, Vick is only the 3rd Self SENIOR(!) ever to not graduate?
Can we all agree, in hindsight, that Vick never, ever should have been attributed with the good shit that comes with being a SENIOR?
We're getting to a point that a senior player (at KU) has about as good of a chance of meaning something went wrong rather than it being the model student athlete.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 pm
We're getting to a point that a senior player (at KU) has about as good of a chance of meaning something went wrong rather than it being the model student athlete.
Not for me. Upperclassmen are my favorite.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"