Vick

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Vick

Post by Deleted User 75 »

It seems neither of you "get it".

He is either gone for a personal issue, and will be welcomed back with open arms because something terrible was going on is his personal life....

OR

He was sent home and doesn't have the option to come back, but Self was kind in the media like he always is to not fully ruin his reputation needlessly.

The inbetween scenario you're narrating is far fetched. It's February. They didn't kick him off the team with the option to return in a few weeks or whenever. That seems ridiculously unlikely.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's not ridiculously unlikely. It's certainly possible. Anything seems to be possible with LaGerald Vick. In season suspensions happen quite often.

It's also certainly possible that, even if it was a personal issue, that Self likes the Dotson, Agbaji, Lawson core enough to want Vick and Mitch to anchor the 2nd line. Vick's been sent to and has come off the bench like 3-4x already this season.
Deleted User 75

So a kid that wasn't welcomed back originally and has been an issue again this year....gets kicked off the team in February and then allowed back AGAIN?

Ridiculously unlikely.
Deleted User 75

But I'll let you guys spin your wheels.

We don't need Vick.

I'll stick to politics ;-) and GTS while you guys play pretend about Vick and how the NCAA tricked Kansas into admitting that Gasnolla is a booster when we all have seen plenty to know Gasnolla was by definition a booster.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't see how it's unlikely. If he wasn't welcome back, then there's no reason to drag this out.

It's really one of two things:

1. It is personal and he needed the time away.

2. Self directed the time away and is keeping the option of him returning open.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

a lot may depend on what exactly Vick is up to right now.

If he's still taking the time to train, in anticipation of coming back with laser focus for the last 6 weeks of his college career, then great.

If he's just hanging around Memphis being an airhead, bummer.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Would be interesting to know if Vick is keeping up with his classes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

good point gutter.

there is that whole student part to being a student athlete too.

just don't tell the NCAA.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:48 am I don't see how it's unlikely. If he wasn't welcome back, then there's no reason to drag this out.

It's really one of two things:

1. It is personal and he needed the time away.

2. Self directed the time away and is keeping the option of him returning open.
I still think that there's a third possibility, which is that "dragging it out" or "keeping it open" is window dressing (and was perhaps necessary to get things moving), and that we're not far from a "Lagerald will not return" announcement.

Also - there's a whole host of issues he could be dealing with where the right thing for him to be doing is not training (and nor is it sitting on the couch).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes, possible, I just wonder why Self wouldn't just rip the band-aid off in that scenario, though. Perhaps to protect Vick, but I'm not sure what.

Regardless, Vick has to play by every one of Self's rules right now. Dangerous spot for him.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:43 am So a kid that wasn't welcomed back originally and has been an issue again this year....gets kicked off the team in February and then allowed back AGAIN?

Ridiculously unlikely.
It was ridiculously unlikely that Vick rejoined the team in the first place. But he did.

It was ridiculously unlikely that a kid who tried to go pro last but had no interests would leave his team for at least a few weeks with less than 2 months remaining in his last chance to impress pro teams. But he did.

If there is one consistent adjective used to describe Vick's career at Kansas it would be 'ridiculous'.

Ridiculous hops. Ridiculous allegations. Ridiculous hot streaks. Ridiculous decisions.

So I don't discount the liklihood of additional ridiculousness when it involves Vick.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Really interesting to hear Self say that the energy from the end of the TCU game and the locker room has carried over to this week of practice. Best week of practice that they've had. Direct quote was "In the last week we've been better at everything"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

He's not making those statements on accident. He's done it about 3 times now.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

If Vick come back, I would to see him play a sixth man role. Come in, spark the offense, play solid defense, then get off the court. Continue to start Grimes. It will pay off in March/April.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Lonestarjayhawk

This pains me to say...illy is right. Nothing random comes out of HCBS's mouth.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Well...substantively that's true.

Sometimes he'll throw out a "but, but, but, but, but...." that doesn't have any real meaning.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And this cements my feeling that if Vick comes back, he will come off the bench to take some of what Moore and KJ have been giving us.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:21 am And this cements my feeling that if Vick comes back, he will come off the bench to take some of what Moore and KJ have been giving us.
Hate to be nitpicky, but Moore hasn't given us anything. You can't take something away from nothing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Lonestarjayhawk

Zero minus two is negative two
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wut?