Nova

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Nova

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 am
pdub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 am Think he gets to start this Saturday?
The range of outcomes with him is endless.

I wouldn't be shocked if he starts, makes 8 3s, and scores 35pts.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he got kicked off the team today.
I nearly shot my drink out of my nose laughing at this. So true. There is a real race on to see which Vick has more of; halves of a game where he hits 5 threes or halves of a game where he doesnt score at all.
I don't have a ton of faith in him, but we desperately need him to keep his head on relatively straight this year for us to have a chance to win it all....even more so if Grimes doesn't take a big step here soon. And even if Grimes does, Vick is our main outside 3pt shooting threat. For selfish reasons I'm pulling for him to stay out of the dog house....but we've already got 1 semi-punishment and we aren't even to Christmas break yet.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, we'll see. I am rooting for his success. Fingers crossed, just sometimes over my eyes.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

He wins the Tyshawn Taylor Dog House to the Penthouse Award...each game
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

In the games we've needed Vick to produce he's produced. And he's done so without forcing it. He's got 131 points on 91 FGA, he's been efficient. We didn't need him to score against Wofford, and though he only had 5 points against NMSU, those were two HUGE buckets and he was aggressive, without forcing, for most of his second half minutes.

He's like all our wings, he doesn't force the issue, which means if he's a defensive focal point he doesn't shoot much but if he gets hot he can go for 30 points on 15 shots.

I like that he hasn't started trying to take over games because he's getting some recognition. I'm really hoping his head is still right after the two non-starts. If he's mentally in the right place I'm ok with him being streaky as long as he continues to take what the defense gives him and make the right plays for the team.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Well said.

At no point have I felt he's doing the "NBA audition" thing some players get caught up in doing. That's a good sign.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:34 pm In the games we've needed Vick to produce he's produced. And he's done so without forcing it. He's got 131 points on 91 FGA, he's been efficient. We didn't need him to score against Wofford, and though he only had 5 points against NMSU, those were two HUGE buckets and he was aggressive, without forcing, for most of his second half minutes.

He's like all our wings, he doesn't force the issue, which means if he's a defensive focal point he doesn't shoot much but if he gets hot he can go for 30 points on 15 shots.

I like that he hasn't started trying to take over games because he's getting some recognition. I'm really hoping his head is still right after the two non-starts. If he's mentally in the right place I'm ok with him being streaky as long as he continues to take what the defense gives him and make the right plays for the team.
I don't think 2017-18 Vick would have taken or made those two shots from this past Saturday. Obviously his latest brain fart has me nervous about what is to come, but the bounce back 2nd half against NMSU makes me hopeful that he's truly a different guy this year and he'll smoke Villanova.

He has taken some forced shots this year, but it was when he was shooting like 80% from 3, so those were really the best shot attempts for the team at that point.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Can Garrett guard Paschall?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

front with backside help
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Geezer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:39 pm Palestra and Allen back to back.
Coach Wright called AFH, "kind of like the Palestra on ste!roids."
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The bottom appears to have dropped out of pricing for today, if anyone has the flexibility to quickly buy and get there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

kubandalum wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 am Can Garrett guard Paschall?
The answer is an emphatic yes.

Of course, Garrett can be guarded by a shadow, so it's kind of a wash.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m normally ok with that wash, if he can lock down like he did today