This team...

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: This team...

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:25 pm We are 7 games into the season. Nonsense to demand we be in mid season form. No other team is.
Ah. Got it.

That's why they keep leading us at halftime. Cuz they suck too.

Well done.
I always love the excuses for playing badly that only apply to KU. "We weren't focused because it's the game before Christmas break" but the other team was focused. "Our guys were tired from the Saturday to Monday turnaround" but the other team who played saturday had energy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am Welp, this board’s posters have extended the streak to 20 years straight of embarrassing noncon meltdowns.
And we're undefeated....
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:25 pm We are 7 games into the season. Nonsense to demand we be in mid season form. No other team is.
Ah. Got it.

Well done.
I always love the excuses for playing badly that only apply to KU. "We weren't focused because it's the game before Christmas break" but the other team was focused. "Our guys were tired from the Saturday to Monday turnaround" but the other team who played saturday had energy.
Credit the “other team’s super bowl” effect.

To them, we’ve been circled on their schedule and prob the biggest game they play all year.

To us, it’s just another who-knows on some Saturday in December.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am a firm believer that a team takes on the personality of their most veteran leaders and this team seems to reflect the personality of Vick. They can be explosive but are also flaky and inconsistent. We have the talent and coaching to win it all. Self is just going to have to ride these guys hard to keep them focused and playing at a high motor level.

Honestly, I think this team will turn the corner only when Dotson turns around and yells at Vick for one of his flake outs. Once that happens, I think we're going to be locked in. But between now and then, this team may drop a few frustrating games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A blowout loss on the horizon wouldn't surprise me but we're kind of running out of opponents that can do that. Tempe seems like the safest bet for that to happen. Maybe Lexington. When do we play Tech first?

But, finals are this coming week. We always show growth there. And, the one guy that is going to take the biggest steps over next few weeks is Grimes. Similar to an Oubre schedule.

Last night was bad, but from my seat it seemed to be an energy/focus issue.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

To put KU's ridiculous schedule in perspective, right now they are #1 in ESPN's SoS ranking and the gap between them and #2 is as large as the gap between #2 and #80.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 am
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am

Ah. Got it.

Well done.
Credit the “other team’s super bowl” effect.

To them, we’ve been circled on their schedule and prob the biggest game they play all year.

To us, it’s just another who-knows on some Saturday in December.
I buy that.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I don't think anyone on the team is playing at their potential. The good news is the floor is a higher level then most other teams' ceilings. But that won't carry us with the tougher games on the way. HCSB is saying they just need to play free with a clear mind. Stop thinking. What a great message to hear from your head coach! I think they all will click and we will start seeing ceiling performances. This team is so much better than what they have shown to date. And, I have enjoyed what I have seen so far.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:38 am To put KU's ridiculous schedule in perspective, right now they are #1 in ESPN's SoS ranking and the gap between them and #2 is as large as the gap between #2 and #80.
Wow
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh, and I LOVE Devon Dotson as a player. Very exciting to see the level of poise and speed he plays with. Gonna be really fun to watch him develop over the season and beyond.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Now we number 1 in the country. Thanks Tenn!!!
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 pm Now we number 1 in the country. Thanks Tenn!!!
Should be, but did you see all those dunks Duke had?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This will definitely test the "is #1 the team who is playing the best or the team with the best resume" argument to the test. I think we have the best resume and we'll be pretty solidly #1 but we haven't played like the best team in the nation in any one specific game yet. First world problems, I suppose.
Deleted User 75

Duke will likely be #1 again.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm Duke will likely be #1 again.
I'll bet you $10 they aren't.

Hey pwhit, gonna need that crimson-cash feature before, oh, 10:00am-ish tomorrow. :)
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

1 Kansas
2 UT
3 Duke
4 Zags
5 Nevada
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Amazing.
Kansas 6th.

1. Duke (9-1, Last week: 2)
2. Michigan (10-0, 3)
3. Tennessee (7-1, 6)
4. Gonzaga (9-1, 1)
5. Virginia (9-0, 4)
6. Kansas (8-0, 5)
Deleted User 75

Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm Duke will likely be #1 again.
I'll bet you $10 they aren't.

Hey pwhit, gonna need that crimson-cash feature before, oh, 10:00am-ish tomorrow. :)
I was kind of being sarcastic. I'm sure we will be 1 by default even though voters clearly don't want us to be.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We haven't looked like the best team in the nation at all yet this year so I can understand why guys who overthink it would do something so stupid. Honestly, I think hedging KU down is in part a preparation for what they probably think looks like a loss coming next Saturday vs. Nova.

I don't give a crap where they vote us. I think dropping us to sixth would be a nice slap in the face to the players ahead of the Nova game to be honest.