This team...

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: This team...

Post by Deleted User 89 »

oh, i'm with you

i don't think we've played better than a B+ game relative to our talent/ability, and that was against sparty
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm Yeah illy has a point, sure, but let’s not let that diminish geezer’s point.

Good teams don’t let themselves consistently be down multiple possessions.

We should be gameplanning to step on throats, not dig ourselves out of holes.
We aren't the golden state warriors. You don't just game plan to step on throats. That's a great motivational post, but not really how real life sports work. It's not like we're down in games because our game plan isn't "stepping on throats"...our game plan hasn't been to get down and then come back. LOL
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:54 pm Let’s not get complacent. This team has been on cruise control for most of the season. We’re too deep and talented to not expect better. Let’s blow some fuckers out before we act like we’re performing to expectations.
That is ridiculous..we haven't been on cruise control. We just aren't good enough offensively to blow people out like you've dreamed up in your mind. This team has played 7 total games together.

We're not "too deep", Lightfoot has been our first big off the bench, and we've only got 1 PG and thankfully he's been AMAZING....and this is far from our most talented team. We've had years with 4-6 NBA players on a single roster..this team might not even have 3.

We're a scrappy team, better than expected on defense, an AA candidate in Dedric, and have a freshman PG who has shown a lot of poise in close late game situstioms....blowing people out every night might not be in the cards, but winning most nights is. Stop expecting this team to be something they're not.

Where's all this offense and throat stepping you desire supposed to come from?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, it’s not gonna come from an attitude like that, but thank the lord you ain’t the coach!
Deleted User 75

I'm seriously asking though....where is the explosive scoring going to come from?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I hesitate to call it “cruise control.” I thought it has looked like we are trying our hardest and still are in early-season form.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 pm I'm seriously asking though....where is the explosive scoring going to come from?
From 3-4+ guys all playing to their potential, instead of 1-2 guys having to bail us out.
Deleted User 75

I think currently:
Dotson is playing to his potential.
Dedric is playing to his potential.
Dok was playing pretty close to his potential.
Vick is/was playing way above his potential (well at least before his discipline issue last game). 65% from 3pt land is insane and unsustainable.
Grimes is playing below his potential. But he's a freshman so that's no uncommon.

I don't understand this idea that just because we're not blowing people out that means we're not playing well. We've played a hard schedule and haven't lost.

I'm excited to see how we look tonight at sprint center.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 pm I'm seriously asking though....where is the explosive scoring going to come from?
i’m not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, but the second half of the wofford game showed exactly how this team can blow out opponents, and it isn’t with additional offense per se. it all starts with defense
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dok being out contributed to transition scoring.

Also, the obvious answer is Grimes shooting the ball well. We absolutely abused Michigan State.

We’re a top 5 kenpom offense. Stop being difficult.
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If by explosive you mean raining threes, only Vick will do that.

But if you mean consistent baskets you sometimes don’t even know how they go in by Dedric, maybe not explosive, but high volume.

We still score on the upper end of PPG in the ncaa.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Agree with CnB.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrJJT61HHfM ... q0mjg2m6gj

Ousdahl will be happy that Dotson is game planning for some throats tonight....

(There's a joke in there about before&after game, but I'll leave that for someone else)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dotson is now our 3rd best player without question....I.e. as important as Svi past season.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

We are 7 games into the season. Nonsense to demand we be in mid season form. No other team is.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah Devon go for the throat!

But after thinking about it, my point was supposed to be that, I can appreciate an ugly win as much as the next guy. But, celebrating ugly wins just feels like it’s one or two steps away from, and literally one or two buckets away from, celebrating the play hard chart. Send that weak shit back down i70 west!

We’re elite, and we’re only getting better. For a team like this, habitually coming back from behind is little cause for celebration.
Deleted User 75

....and Vick isn't starting again. Wtf.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

I don’t know about stepping on throats, but there would have been less coming from behind in the earlier games if they would have defended the perimeter better. They were constantly leaving guys wide open.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ugh
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

This team...just wins.