bragg

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

bragg

Post by Deleted User 75 »

What's up with him? Shouldn't he be eligible by now?
Geezer

Re: bragg

Post by Geezer »

I think 2cd semester at New Mexico he can play.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Did he leave too late from Kansas to have last year count as his year sitting out?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

He went to Arizona State, then transferred again.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Oh ya that's right....what a mess. I hope he plays well once he's available.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

He tried filing for waiver claim and NCAA denied it. Since he never played at ASU and only spent 1 semester enrolled. New Mexico is still continuing to fight for full clearance and want him on court before Dec 16th (he’s eligible 2nd semester and can play this week). NMU is using exception for “players run off from previous school for ‘reasons outside the control of the student-athlete’. Good luck getting them to rule on it in next few days.

I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Looks like Dedric put on bad weight at Memphis.

And, I'm not sure the bulk we added on him is particularly helpful.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I wouldn’t call it “bulk”, but know what you are getting at. Dude also hasn’t broke a sweat this season, so I think game shape is fairly good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkL19DAhBhw ... pvd6z9nwjb
I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

calf raises, box jumps

calf raises, box jumps

calf raises, box jumps

(no wonder he plays below the rim)
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I could not care less than I already do of what becomes of carlton bragg. If not for this thread I would have forgotten altogether that the dude was ever a JAYHAWK.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

would never have guessed that Vick would have the better college career when the two first set foot on campus
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm would never have guessed that Vick would have the better college career when the two first set foot on campus
They seem to have both put equal effort into screwing it up though.
Deleted User 89

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm would never have guessed that Vick would have the better college career when the two first set foot on campus
They seem to have both put equal effort into screwing it up though.
very true

couple of head cases for sure
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sure they’re both head cases Laura Bauer, but at least credit Vick for developing on the court.

Despite being 6 foot 9 and athletic and skilled, and despite two years under a hall of fame coach, and despite being on a team desperate for frontcourt depth, Bragg still looked clueless out there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I can't remember being more excited for a player than I was for Sophomore Bragg. I was thinking a more athletic version of what Dedric Lawson is today.

Sometimes I'm wrong. Wish him the best though.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Bill Self is great at handling mentally tough players. I don't think it's necessarily fair to categorize guys as headcases when Self's style negatively affects them.

The mentally tough ones (Tyshawn, RussRob, etc) are able to take the benchings and things that could potentially destroy their confidence and get better as a result.

The not-as-tough ones can't handle it. They play poorly (Vick, EJ) and/or get shown the door out (Bragg) whem challenged.

But that does not make them headcases.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bragg, vick, JR, naadir. = headcases

Bragg is at his 3rd....4th? School. Thats not on Self.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Tyshawn wasnt the most mentaly tough dude. He worked through it with tons of help from the staff im sure.
Just Ledoux it
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

TT has actually had a pretty rough go of the mental stuff in past / present. Basketball seems to been the one constant escape.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

To me there's a difference between head case and discipline problems.

Bragg didn't seem like a head case. Just an idiot who couldn't stay out of trouble (and possibly off the weed)...Tharpe kind of the same. Too much party stuff he got publicly caught up in.

Anrio Adams = head case
Brannen Greene = head case

But if head case is all encompassing then we've had a full roster or 2 over the Self era.