this message board

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

this message board

Post by PhDhawk »

We just beat a ranked team, the defending national champions, who beat us in the F4 last year, and knocked us out in the E8 two seasons prior, who is a nationally prominent team and this place is a ghost town.

Had we lost there would be 35 meltdown threads that were each 8 pages long.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
LVCHawk

Re: this message board

Post by LVCHawk »

Personally it was a frustrating game to watch. Glad they won but with all the turnovers, missed free throws, misses close range shots and in general dumb plays, it was more of a relief they won against a team that is a shell of what they've been the last few years.

Plus it's a Saturday afternoon and gorgeous outside?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Too many Illannoys, twocoaches, and gutters. Only want to post negative shit.

I blame pdub. pdub is a bigger disappointment than Grimes.

I guess that would make me like, Vick and Dedric Lawson combined into one board member.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

LVCHawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Plus it's a Saturday afternoon and gorgeous outside?
It's raining and shitty where I live.

Plus take it to the weather thread.

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:33 pm Too many Illannoys, twocoaches, and gutters. Only want to post negative shit.
You've got selective memory when it comes to me. I'm here everyday posting positive stuff and positive updates about NBA Jayhawks (and Gary woodland during golf season).

I golfed after the game today so I didn't have a chance to post anything positive about our good performance today.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:23 pm this place is a ghost town. .
This is a politics board. Jayhawk basketball is secondary.

Trump had a slow twitter day or it'd be poppin' round here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah I’m bummed this place isn’t more buzzing. both today, and in general.

Part of it is on me cuz I admit I missed the game this morning. My bad. Had to work. Dumb time for a game. Tried like hell to get off, but too many of y’all Texans already in town, and at the end of the day I gotta get paid so I can afford to watch sports broadcasting in the first place.

Part of it is on me cuz I could prob be more positive sometimes myself. I shouldn’t be so hard on certain players, even if it’s cuz I have a man crush on other players who are loosing minutes otherwise. I could also be more positive if I was still pulling ass that would otherwise be out of my league, but my wingmen these days are only serviceable at best.

Part of it is cuz 85 left. A big big part. Yuge.

Part of it is the shitty trolls on the politics board. Like, no informed points, no attempts at dialogue, just Russian spamming. Both ways.

Part of it is the posters who avoid this place cuz they whine so much about the politics board even though they hardly post on the politics board in the first place.

Actually, I think the biggest part of it is all the otherwise badass posters who turned out to be a bunch of soft posting pansies. Some anonymous Internet personality rubbed them wrong one day so and they just up and left forever? Who is the real roiboi?

But yeah, chicken and egg, cuz a big part of it is posters who just argue and fight without ever trying to make a substantive point or even at least be funny.

I mean, I at least try to be funny. But without trustee around, I’m afraid I might be the funniest poster here, and the thing is I’m not even that funny!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Phd is right. I'm celebrating. A tough, grind it out win against a quality team on national teevee. AFH was rockin a day after finals are over.

Our D is looking good. I'm pretty excited to get into conference play.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I especially want to grind west virginia into the dust from which they came.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:33 pm Too many Illannoys, twocoaches, and gutters. Only want to post negative shit.
You've got selective memory when it comes to me. I'm here everyday posting positive stuff and positive updates about NBA Jayhawks (and Gary woodland during golf season).

I golfed after the game today so I didn't have a chance to post anything positive about our good performance today.
Fair enough. You're serviceable.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What about me?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You suck nuts

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But not as many nuts as Cremo sucks.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What kinda nuts?

cuz I have an allergy to cashews.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah fuck cremo

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I blame pdub. pdub is a bigger disappointment than Grimes.

I guess that would make me like, Vick and Dedric Lawson combined into one board member.
Eh, this is my first and only post of the day. I was an awesome, supportive fan and attended the game.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:08 pm

But yeah, chicken
He's still here.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

I am glad we won, but I also want to absolutely smash them and when it counts. Self was right in his post-game comments: this game means little in the scheme of things. In the eyes of the coaching staff we are 1-2 with them. I want to rip their hearts out(figuratively), I don’t want them to come into Allen Field House and give us a run for our money. Fuck that. Kill’em!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I watched the game on tv. It is not like that game was some kind of instant classic or something. Our guys individually played exactly like we would expect (eg DL is great, Dodson is mature, Grimes is missing, Garrett plays great defense, Vick can turn it on, etc).
Another thing, on days when Jay Bilas is announcing, I’d rather listen to him than type on the boards.
And another thing, next weekend is a holiday travel weekend, so this weekend is super packed.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Actually, I think the biggest part of it is all the otherwise badass posters who turned out to be a bunch of soft posting pansies. Some anonymous Internet personality rubbed them wrong one day so and they just up and left forever? Who is the real roiboi?
^^^^^^^^^^^