Devon Dotson

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Devon Dotson

Post by Deleted User 89 »

did i miss speculation of Q transferring rather than come back, should he go undrafted?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Either way, it’s silly to look at Grimes’ first year and determine that he couldn’t fit in a system that has proven itself to accommodate multiple point guards at once over and over again.”
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yes. But it's the card Q's people have to play.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sacramento?
If you gotta go there just stay in school.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Big couple days for us. Hampton tomorrow, Dotson tomorrow or Wednesday.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Decision announcement tomorrow.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Grimes announcing tomorrow as well?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:20 pm Decision announcement tomorrow.
Huge implications for my 2020 season enjoyment
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Dotson’s decision is as big for us as Graham’s.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Graham didn't declare as a Jr.

So, yeah, the decision is as big, but Graham never came very close to leaving, and he announced he was staying in early April.

It's May 28 and Dotson went to the combine and realistically could stay in the draft, which would leave us no time to really replace him.

So...for several reasons, it's an even bigger decision.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. Kansas is in serious trouble without Dotson next year. Having lots of bigs with zero PGs does not work.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I have no idea where Dot's head is at. With the way everything has gone this off season I fully expect him to stay in the Draft. I see a lot of chatter in regards to Dot being a fringe to not even on the radar in mock drafts but it is all about what kind of feedback Dot and his family is getting that normal people don't have access to.

Coming into this this I had said Dot was 60 / 40 coming back or going but now I am almost tempted to say that has flipped. Out of Grimes and Lawson he probably stands the best chance of getting his named called.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think he'd get drafted somewhere in the 2nd round.
I think Dedric gets drafted there as well.
I'd put his chance at getting drafted in the 1st round next year somewhere near 90% so I think he stands to benefit if he returns to KU.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I think Dotson is a smart kid and will return. I think it's just too risky to leave right now.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

lobster wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 pm I think Dotson is a smart kid and will return. I think it's just too risky to leave right now.
But to Holidaysmore's point...he has much more information to assess how risky it is than we do. I mean, we're largely relying on mock drafts which are based on secondhand information and are probably weeks behind where they actually are.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Beyond the value of college and the experience, which I get a lot of people here find useless, he has the value of an established higher per year contract if he is drafted 1st round.
Loosing out on maybe $800k next year is a bitch.
But a guaranteed 4 million for your 1st 2 years plus a very likely 2 year player option in year 3 and 4 worth 6.5 million might be worth sticking around.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Royally screwed without Dotson or Senior Graham. When you're at that point of comparison, it's probably a wash.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm Beyond the value of college and the experience, which I get a lot of people here find useless, he has the value of an established higher per year contract if he is drafted 1st round.
Loosing out on maybe $800k next year is a bitch.
But a guaranteed 4 million for your 1st 2 years plus a very likely 2 year player option in year 3 and 4 worth 6.5 million might be worth sticking around.
Right...you're assuming he's a second round pick...which is what I assume too. But he'd have a better idea of whether he had a chance at being a first round pick than we do.

I think if he thinks he's not a first rounder this year, that he'll come back to KU. I'm just not putting all my trust in mock drafts and sports media.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd personally feel i'd have reasons to stay if I was offered a 1st round pick but knew I could be a 1st rounder next season but for most people, yea, I get it, if you have a good feeling you'll be drafted 1st, it's time to leave.