Devon Dotson

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Devon Dotson

Post by ousdahl »

Does he have his own thread? Cuz he needs one.

also we need somewhere to to discuss what beaverfever just predicted:

he’ll declare.
Soklous

Re: Devon Dotson

Post by Soklous »

Getting better with every game. And his first game was unreal.

FWIW - Currenty ranked 44th by Givony / ESPN / DraftExpress. Grimes 30. Lawson 41.

IMO - Unless he gets a lot of tourney exposure, he waits until his time. He’s got a super keyed in family that seems to really trust the process. He needs to develop his shot. You can do that in the NBA easy, but at his size I don’t think he gets that opportunity quite yet.
Last edited by Soklous on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Dude is stealthy good.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The circus shot he got fouled on reminded me of Frank/Collins.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:10 pm Does he have his own thread? Cuz he needs one.

also we need somewhere to to discuss what beaverfever just predicted:

he’ll declare.
Dotson is my favorite player on this roster. He is a relentless pest out there and is running the offense with a maturity beyond his years. I love his poised play.

If he was 6'5" and/or shot better/more from three I would agree with you but I think we get him for one more season.

My prediction: everyone who isn't a senior returns to the team next year. Maybe we pull a Florida and go back to back.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grimes, Lawson, Dotson and Azubuike all coming back? Crazy prediction.

Plan is for Dotson to stay for 2 and he should. It’s a weak PG class this year, though. Still think he stays.

Dotson is going to excel this year in any offense we run b/c he’s blessed with skill and ability that only a handful of players in the country have. We will lean heavily on him come tournament time where guards often shine.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some guys are gonna leave.
I bet Dedric does--hes already 1st team All American quality.
Dunno bout Dok.
And i think Grimes may leave even though it would be in his better interest to stay ( unless he just goes off in conference ).

My under/over with Dotson was at 2 and i first said over but it looks more and more like under.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Beaverfever’s thinking is that the league drafts so much on potential, and Dotson is explosive.

With Dedrick, he’s so skilled but just so average athletically. If he was gonna go league, it prob shoulda happened by now.

Same thing with Dok, but different rationale. Dude is so good within 3 feet but not much further, and the league likes versatility. The one thing Dok has going for him though is elite size.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:05 am Beaverfever’s thinking is that the league drafts so much on potential, and Dotson is explosive.

With Dedrick, he’s so skilled but just so average athletically. If he was gonna go league, it prob shoulda happened by now.

Same thing with Dok, but different rationale. Dude is so good within 3 feet but not much further, and the league likes versatility. The one thing Dok has going for him though is elite size.
Oh there is no question that Dotson would get drafted this summer.

If he comes back, though, he’s the best point guard in the country next year and a first round pick.

Givony currently has Grimes safely in the lotto. Dedric is safely in the 2nd round and Azubuike is just inside pick 60. If that stands, all 3 will leave.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Trevon Duval probably thought he'd get drafted at this time last year. I think Dotson would be wise to stay another year. He's not big and he isn't a great shooter. That's going to be tough to overcome at first.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, the other side of that coin is, if he’s never gonna become a good shooter, it’s to his advantage to ink a contract (based on potential) before anyone realizes it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:41 am Grimes, Lawson, Dotson and Azubuike all coming back? Crazy prediction.

Plan is for Dotson to stay for 2 and he should. It’s a weak PG class this year, though. Still think he stays.

Dotson is going to excel this year in any offense we run b/c he’s blessed with skill and ability that only a handful of players in the country have. We will lean heavily on him come tournament time where guards often shine.
I like picturing us winning a national title and then having all those guys announce at the annual banquet that they are coming back to win another one. I hope I am right but I won't be and I don't care at all.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:46 pm Trevon Duval probably thought he'd get drafted at this time last year. I think Dotson would be wise to stay another year. He's not big and he isn't a great shooter. That's going to be tough to overcome at first.
Duval sucked and Dotson is awesome. No idea what one has to do with the other.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Prediction: Grimes never gets it going. Declares. Then pulls out. Leads the team in scoring as a Soph. Wins Big 12 POY.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:17 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:46 pm Trevon Duval probably thought he'd get drafted at this time last year. I think Dotson would be wise to stay another year. He's not big and he isn't a great shooter. That's going to be tough to overcome at first.
Crap, there goes the thread.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 pm
You simply can't help yourself. You're obsessed.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 pm
For example, why did you feel the need to chime in on CnBs behalf?

It's simple, you need these confrontations.
You need to have someone to argue with.

Simple, and weak.
Hmm.....
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Seeing Dook play like shit without Tre Jones last night was a reminder of how important Dotson is to this KU team.

We're in a similar situation in that so much is riding on a freshman PG, and don't really have a good backup.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:47 am Seeing Dook play like shit without Tre Jones last night was a reminder of how important Dotson is to this KU team.

We're in a similar situation in that so much is riding on a freshman PG, and don't really have a good backup.
nope. we dont. our best back up point guard is our starting 4 man right now (marcus garrett)
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I think if something were to happen to Dotson where he misses an extended period, you'd be more likely to see Grimes slide over to the 1 and Ochai into the starting lineup. Garrett still stays in positionless limbo just doing whatever he is asked for that specific game.