Devon Dotson

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Devon Dotson

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah. We need mods that support images of kids getting forced to have sex at gunpoint but make sure threads stay on topic.

Good call illy. Nice to see your priorities align with pdubs.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He's not supporting it. No one is. He's just not doing what you want done about it. So start your own website and moderate it how you want it done. Otherwise, the owners of this site have likely noted your opinion and will do what they choose to with it. Continuing to throw a childish temper tantrum to get what you want isn't changing anything.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Seriously... the worst part of these boards is the off topic discussions on basketball threads ALL summer long. I come here to catch up on recruiting, NBA decisions and recently all of our eligibility issues with the NCAA and instead it's everyone talking shit on each other....

I don't care if half of you don't like Illy - it's not worth antagonizing him and dragging that shit out on every damn thread about unrelated topics.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am He's not supporting it. No one is. He's just not doing what you want done about it. So start your own website and moderate it how you want it done. Otherwise, the owners of this site have likely noted your opinion and will do what they choose to with it. Continuing to throw a childish temper tantrum to get what you want isn't changing anything.
I'm happy you didn't see gutters post.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That's not the problem but yes, I agree. This stupid shit needs to end. Perhaps PhD can create a separate thread to take his moral high ground while at the same time telling others to fuck off and drink bleach.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am Seriously... the worst part of these boards is the off topic discussions on basketball threads ALL summer long. I come here to catch up on recruiting, NBA decisions and recently all of our eligibility issues with the NCAA and instead it's everyone talking shit on each other....

I don't care if half of you don't like Illy - it's not worth antagonizing him and dragging that shit out on every damn thread about unrelated topics.
Nope. The worst part is the photographs of kids being raped at gunpoint.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:59 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am He's not supporting it. No one is. He's just not doing what you want done about it. So start your own website and moderate it how you want it done. Otherwise, the owners of this site have likely noted your opinion and will do what they choose to with it. Continuing to throw a childish temper tantrum to get what you want isn't changing anything.
I did. It was inappropriate and ridiculous. Now it's gone and gutter has apologized for going over the line. It's done. Time for everyone to be adults and move on.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:01 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:59 am
I did. It was inappropriate and ridiculous. Now it's gone and gutter has apologized for going over the line. It's done. Time for moderators to be adults and ban gutter, or at the very least, make those kinds of posts a bannable offense, not just a fucking warning.
agree
Last edited by PhDhawk on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So what's next for Devon Dotson? Anyone motivated enough to get away from this nonsense to look up the NBA Draft combine dates and the deadlines to withdraw from the draft?

And when is the deadline to declare? Dok needs to make a decision soon.
JayhawkInIowa726

Well I didn't see that... but it obviously falls into my point about off topic bullshit. There's literally a board for that called off topic..
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:08 am Well I didn't see that... but it obviously falls into my point about off topic bullshit. There's literally a board for that called off topic..
Pdub has an entire board dedicated to posting sexual assaults? Not surprising.

JayhawkInIowa726

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:07 am So what's next for Devon Dotson? Anyone motivated enough to get away from this nonsense to look up the NBA Draft combine dates and the deadlines to withdraw from the draft?

Deadline to declare is end of the day April 21.... Still surprised we haven't heard any word from Dok yet... Do you think that's encouraging?? I thought he would've been a goner by now.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Alrighty then.

The deadline for early entry declarations is this Sunday at 11:59pm eastern. So we will know in the next 2 days whether Dok plans to pursue leaving or has chosen to stay. Only a failure to declare gives us an answer but at least we'll hear something.

The 2019 NBA draft combine is may 15-19. No idea how early invites go out.

The deadline to remove your name from the draft is May 29th so still a long haul to get to that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:15 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:07 am So what's next for Devon Dotson? Anyone motivated enough to get away from this nonsense to look up the NBA Draft combine dates and the deadlines to withdraw from the draft?

Deadline to declare is end of the day April 21.... Still surprised we haven't heard any word from Dok yet... Do you think that's encouraging?? I thought he would've been a goner by now.
Not sure. Maybe he realizes what we all do in that he isnt getting drafted. Gotta weigh the benefits of leaving against the benefits of staying.

Go and you pay for your training and medical out of pocket. Stay and those costs are covered. Does he really want to go play in some random European league? If that was super appealing to him, he would have declared already. My guess is that he is super torn right now.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

As good as Dok is, and as much as I love him, part of me wonders if we aren't better off in the long run if he goes.

How far behind Dok is DMac? I think they'd be comparable by the end of next year. And while I know Dok won't play more than 20ish mpg regardless, I'd almost rather let DMac get the experience and confidence.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We aren't better off without him.
Dok is unique in the college game and, this has been reiterated often, his footwork is better than given credit for.
A senior Dok would be far better than DMac and I'm a DMac fan.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 am As good as Dok is, and as much as I love him, part of me wonders if we aren't better off in the long run if he goes.
Ceiling is higher with Udoka. But, counting on him for a full season of college ball would be making the same mistake again. Hindsight will say we're better off w/ him moving on. Plus, as we've seen, he's more important for a league title than he is in a single elimination tournament. So, it depends on what you want out of a season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's no way to confirm that he's less important for a single elimination tournament. The basis of that is off of our loss to Nova -- but we had and used Dok in the games up to that ( or did we forget that we had close games v Seton Hall and Clemson and Duke before that? ). Nova scorched the earth with all takers - including a Michigan squad in the title game.

Certainly he carries injury risk but are you better off with McCormack and Lightfoot or with McCormack, Lightfoot and Udoka?
Silly.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

The problem is Udoka forces our entire team to change how we play. It's hard to factor in the negative impact of that aspect of his style.

There's a reason that the game is moving away from players like Dok. It's because it's much easier for a smaller guy to try to deal with a bigger guy, than for a bigger guy to try to deal with a smaller guy.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yes and no

it's Self's job to figure it out

it isn't like Dok is the first of his kind, physically, to play the college game