F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:22 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:15 am

I’m not sure you’d disagree, but: I just can’t imagine that *any* coach who has recruited high major talent from shoe-company-sponsored grassroots teams (which Few has) is truly “clean”.
No doubt.

I have this feeling we are going to get slammed by the ncaa when this is all over....the next round of trials will be very telling....if there aren't some massive bombshells that directly implicate some other bluebloods like UK Duke or UNC, (which seems somewhat unlikely since it would be irrelevant to the cases involving the assistants from Nike schools that were dealing with Code and Dawkins as well), then the group of schools where evidence was presented that directly implicates them might get slammed....and then the ncaa will say "see it wasn't widespread, it was just these 10 or so schools".

I'm doubtful we are going to see texts or phone calls by guys like K Cal or Roy...and unfortunately KT or whoever texting about how "duke does it" simply isn't going to be enough to prove they're doing it too.

There is no common sense in this whole process. KT discussing payment for Zion and the "minimum he will accept" with his handler but he went to Duke for free. Comeon. That should implicate Duke with or without texts
Zero common sense for sure. Unfortunately we already know the NCAA can't investigate and discover this stuff on their own....so the schools that have evidence directly presented against them may be the only 1s punished.

I am certain that if Zions camp had a demands list that Duke gave them something, but without Nike employees being monitored by the FBI I'm not sure we will ever have evidence. We got unlucky in all of this. Could have easily been another brand getting monitored and an entire different list of schools/coaches/players implicated.

Plus Duke has brotherhood. They don't need to give improper benefits. Duh!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Whatever happened to wendell carters long list of free money items?
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 pm Few wants a real job and knows he won't get it until someone is drummed out of the business -- be it Roy, Bill, Cal, or K.
I'm guessing mark few has turned down dozens of job offers over the years. If he wanted to test himself in a major conference he would have done so already. Guys a #u$$y in my book.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 pm Few wants a real job and knows he won't get it until someone is drummed out of the business -- be it Roy, Bill, Cal, or K.
I'm guessing mark few has turned down dozens of job offers over the years. If he wanted to test himself in a major conference he would have done so already. Guys a #u$$y in my book.
Eh, can’t begrudge a guy too much for doing what makes him happy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 am
Now we're talkin' JFish.
Deleted User 75

Maybe. Or maybe he's smart. He hasn't turned down Duke UK UNC or KU. You make the leap to somewhere and suck and you'll never be back to where you originally were before trying to a big conference. Hell, the Zags get just as much coverage and attention as all but a select handful of elite schools.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 am

No doubt.

I have this feeling we are going to get slammed by the ncaa when this is all over....the next round of trials will be very telling....if there aren't some massive bombshells that directly implicate some other bluebloods like UK Duke or UNC, (which seems somewhat unlikely since it would be irrelevant to the cases involving the assistants from Nike schools that were dealing with Code and Dawkins as well), then the group of schools where evidence was presented that directly implicates them might get slammed....and then the ncaa will say "see it wasn't widespread, it was just these 10 or so schools".

I'm doubtful we are going to see texts or phone calls by guys like K Cal or Roy...and unfortunately KT or whoever texting about how "duke does it" simply isn't going to be enough to prove they're doing it too.

There is no common sense in this whole process. KT discussing payment for Zion and the "minimum he will accept" with his handler but he went to Duke for free. Comeon. That should implicate Duke with or without texts
Zero common sense for sure. Unfortunately we already know the NCAA can't investigate and discover this stuff on their own....so the schools that have evidence directly presented against them may be the only 1s punished.

I am certain that if Zions camp had a demands list that Duke gave them something, but without Nike employees being monitored by the FBI I'm not sure we will ever have evidence. We got unlucky in all of this. Could have easily been another brand getting monitored and an entire different list of schools/coaches/players implicated.

Of course the ncaa can investigate. You get way too caught up in the lack of subpoena power.

The NCAA, being a private entity whose power was given to it by the member institutions has a ton of power to sanction for backasswards reasons.

The rules of evidence not applying to the NCAA cuts 2 ways.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OK, but give me a break calling out the bluebloods for being “dirty.” Seems like he’s trying to create a narrative that a reason he stays at little ol Gonzaga (with it’s huge Nike contract) is to not play in the mud. Sheeiiiitttt.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 am But we already all known it is widespread. Fucking Creighton was involved...ante'd up and at the table. If Creighton, okie light, etc are doing it then you damn right everyone is those fucksticks up in spokane included. The high and mighty zags can go fuck themselves. Living in the nw gives you a different perspective on zaga and their dipshit fanbase.

At least theyre not oregon ducks i guess. Thats the only good thing about gonzaga.
Yes. Gonzaga fans are awful, but Oregon fans are the worst
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Oregon fans are abysmal, angry, spoiled brats. Almost as bad as missouri. Not as bad but not that far off. Kind of the opposite of the meth trailer park misssouri fans but so far the other way that its almost as bad
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:26 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 am

Of course the ncaa can investigate. You get way too caught up in the lack of subpoena power.

The NCAA, being a private entity whose power was given to it by the member institutions has a ton of power to sanction for backasswards reasons.

The rules of evidence not applying to the NCAA cuts 2 ways.
Ya. There is no burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Totally get that....but I think we know they're not going to punish Duke because a Kansas coach claimed they cheat while he was discussing "cheating" with someone who the fbi has proven funneled players to schools.

It's partly due to a subpoena power that I doubt their ability, but it's mostly because they've been unable to catch and stop this (for the most part) for decades.....and most of the players implicated in this stuff were cleared by the ncaa, so that directly reflects their ability to catch this stuff without FBI assistance.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 am

OK, but give me a break calling out the bluebloods for being “dirty.” Seems like he’s trying to create a narrative that a reason he stays at little ol Gonzaga (with it’s huge Nike contract) is to not play in the mud. Sheeiiiitttt.
He's absolutely doing just that.

And he's possibly (probably) doing it because he knows he's not going to be caught up in any of this....so why wouldn't he puff his chest out and call the cheaters out as cheaters.

(yes, even though it's widespread, and nearly everyone probably does some form of this or has players doing it behind their back)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

They haven’t caught anyone bc they haven’t wanted to. They didn’t punish UNC bc they didn’t want to.

The public pressure may be higher now. There is really no way to know where NCAA will go from here, but we do know they are wildly inconsistent and have placed a ton of schools on probation without the assistance of the FBI. We know that they have ventured outside of their lane to punish Penn State. We know they will go to Africa to find receipts from AAU tournaments to determine amateur issues.

The NCAA is an a spot where loads of direct and circumstantial evidence implicating dozens of school has come to light because an outside agency decided they wanted to look into it. There’s no telling what ridiculous decision the NCAA is capable of.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 am

No doubt.

I'm admittedly hoping against hope on this one, but god damn would it be sweet if it turns out to matter that Duke played Zion, and we held Billy/Silvio out.
^^^^

Gawd, I too would love to see K squirm about this one.

Are there any media types or anything who are pressing about this?

you'd kinda think that someone would, considering how much value is placed on AmAtEuRiSm!!!!

then again, it's almost like folks really aren't too worried about a player getting benefits cuz most would rather just enjoy watching top talent at the college level...
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:23 pm
wow...shot across the bow of unc and roy there at the end
Which part?

I thought it was interesting he singled out Tennessee and Villanova as clean, and then basically implied we are dirty and need to be dealt with because we are competing for final fours and national titles.
paraphrasing...he said 2 out of the last 3 nat’l champions do it the “right” way

nova
unc
nova

He’s got a “Few” mixed messages...

Few also wanted to clear up something. After the Tennessee loss, he took aim at NCAA president Mark Emmert while also bringing up the point that there are a lot of programs that have not been fingered by the FBI or caught up in cheating. In doing so, Few made direct reference to Villanova's winning ways while unintentionally making it seem like he was leaving out UNC.

"There's two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true," Few told Yahoo Sports. "And there's a lot of teams who do it right -- the national champions two out of the last three years."

What's ironic is Few admires Roy Williams as much if not more than any other coach in the game, and has used some of Roy's coaching tactics dating back to when he got the job at Gonzaga.

"People have drawn inferences that I was throwing Roy under the bus and it couldn't be further from the truth," Few told CBS Sports. "I was just trying to say, 'Well, no one's on a bigger roll than Villanova right now and they do it right.' I totally respect, probably nobody higher in how they do their deal, than Roy. Everyone makes a big deal out of recruiting, this and that, and Carolina's a 3-pointer at the buzzer away from winning [back-to-back] national championships. The way they do their stuff, it's classy and high-character and their system works."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... oint-woes/
I am, I said.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And for the record, if Jay Wright is absolutely clean, then clearly he was miscast.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 am Whatever happened to wendell carters long list of free money items?
Isn't he the one we made cry in the Elite Eight?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I didn't realize that Jay Will could still dunk.