F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 pm Wait, is that supposed to be cheeky?

not sure Zion went to dook cuz of academics...
I'm just bitter in advance about us at least getting put through a tough process and the same thing not happening to similarly-situated schools.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Not sure if SDS has made a decision yet on if he's going to stay at KU and fight to get his punishment reduced....but sometimes I wonder if our coaching staff has totally lost control on some stuff...

https://instagram.com/pelcorexperience? ... oq191qo8wm

https://instagram.com/ruitati?utm_sourc ... au0wehmkk5

That's a link to a clothing company out of Portugal (bottom one is a like to the owner who appears to possibly be from angola judging by some of the flags in his posts).....this morning I wake up and see SDS with a social media post showing a bunch of shirts and hats etc in packaging...all of this brand....tagging the company in the post....and saying "thanks for the love".....if he received that stuff for free and then makes posts advertising for that company, isn't that a violation?

What is he thinking about? The clothes aren't super expensive so it's entirely possible he paid for them... (for his sake I hope he didn't pay, and they also sent fake receipts to cover his ass like we've learned is common practice! ;-) )

Maybe he's decided he's leaving after this year, so it doesn't matter? But pretty tone deaf if you're trying to fight for your eligibility.....

Personally I don't care what improper benefits these guys are getting...and for all I know he paid for all the clothes...but I've also seen Marcus Garrett have similar posts tagging a jeweler and showing off necklaces and rings....seems like that's just asking for trouble...and at a time where our coaches are under a spotlight, you'd think they'd try to limit things that look sketchy.

Could be nothing at all, but still made me cringe.

Also makes me think what harm would it really be to allow these guys to engage in advertising for companies and receive free stuff and/or money? It solves a lot of problems that aren't going away....but we've been over that.

On the flip side: our program is now under a microscope...judging by the extreme SDS ruling, I think it's safe to say there's at least some risk that we are staring down some serious sanctions for lack of institutional control....if someone other than KU fans are watching then this type of stuff seems unneeded/unwanted and a bad look.

Anyway. Happy Friday.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kansas may have to go for the NCAA’s jugular based on disparate treatment. After the North Carolina debacle and Duke’s bye, take them out.
Deleted User 75

I still don't see duke as getting a "bye"... but I get it. They were fortunate that their coaches weren't caught on wire taps / texts / or emails....otherwise they'd be getting more heat.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Who was the Duke kid that got the loan for jewelry and never paid it back? I want to read that story again because I recall it really pissing me off before.
On the other hand, it was a good model to follow for when the Chicago dude with the hairy legs and questionable age played for a couple months at KU before his mother got caught getting loans she wouldn’t ordinarily get. I don’t remember the names of the half and done ones.
Deleted User 75

The Duke kid paid the loan back and they dropped the complaint and stopped cooperation with NCAA...so it died.

See that's helpful! You're missing so much!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I asked WHO he was. You are the laughable textbook case of ‘lost cause’ as you went 0-2 in replies to my posts today.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I tend to make my main points in the first sentence. That is very helpful in today’s world. Just not enough help for you.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm I asked WHO he was. You are the laughable textbook case of ‘lost cause’ as you went 0-2 in replies to my posts today.
Yup. Lost cause.

Although considering you don't remember Cliff Alexander's name (but knew he had hairy legs) I can probably classify you as the same.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I don't think Dr Pepper has "hairy legs"...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nothing new, everyone is involved. Just a matter of who the ncaa decides to make their whipping boy
Just Ledoux it
thisiskoz

Post by thisiskoz »

PortlandHawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:38 pm Nike Schools Pay Too
https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-schools-p ... 10675.html
Was happy to see the headline, as I've been blasting that horn since this garbage began, and the article was more or less fine until that last line. Sure Pat. Let's continue to enable a body that consistently practices selective enforcement. It's shameful. I'm on board for going to war with the NCAA depending on how this pans out.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Adidas bidding against themselves did not make any sense. Of course Nike (ie. 'Zona, Duke, UK) were bidding. Those guys may be smarter than our guys.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm Adidas bidding against themselves did not make any sense. Of course Nike (ie. 'Zona, Duke, UK) were bidding. Those guys may be smarter than our guys.
Of course.

I can't believe people didn't really know/believe this was going on for the last several decades...maybe they were just in denial.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

What are the chances Silvio is playing in this new NBA/FIBA league in Africa next year?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

With the severity of the punishment, I am confident that we do not know all of the facts with regard to SDS.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but if there were more facts wouldn’t the ncaa have identified them front and center as reason for the punishment?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Did they even state a reason? Or just simply say he's ineligible through next year?