Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by jfish26 »

A fitting 500th post in this thread.

https://deadspin.com/bullcrap-ncaa-red- ... 1834259367
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

But Tate Martell and Justin Fields got approved. Good heavens.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Only an organization as vile as the ncaa could turn an improved medical condition into bad news.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

JFC, the NCAA hits just keep on coming...
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Both Tate and Justin lawyered up. The NCAA has no bite. You get a lawyer and get in their face they cave...just ask North Carolina
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm Both Tate and Justin lawyered up. The NCAA has no bite. You get a lawyer and get in their face they cave...just ask North Carolina
Or Silvio....
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Or Diallo...
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Davey?

Yes Goliath?

Fuck the NCAA, Davey.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So this is new no clue where they going with this

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... d-likeness
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Everyone in the media seems to expect this is Kansas.... Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... is-summer/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We probably deserve some sort of suspension -- Self sitting out games, even a postseason ban for our program.
But if you don't put the hammer down on UNC for something worse or turn a blind eye to other programs like Duke then you can't expect fans to respect your authoritay.
DeSousa sat a year and a half. Preston sat a good deal. Zion played all season.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

I'm fine with Self sitting out games.... but Postseason Ban... F that.

Especially when the most damning thing to happen is regarding Zion who was the face of NCAA basketball last season and UNC had nothing at all happen.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm Everyone in the media seems to expect this is Kansas.... Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... is-summer/
What would they of said KU did? Talk about how much money it would take to get a player that ended up going to Duke? I just don’t really understand what the violation would be?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The money to DeSousa's handler is what they'll target - 'institutional control' etc.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm The money to DeSousa's handler is what they'll target - 'institutional control' etc.
Has something come out where we can be said to have known about that? I don't recall anything off the top of my head.

I'm angry in advance over this shit. I hope that if we get anything more than a slap on the wrist, we start to get real leaky on what's gone on at competitor schools.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i bet ‘zona and lsu get hit
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:44 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm The money to DeSousa's handler is what they'll target - 'institutional control' etc.
Has something come out where we can be said to have known about that? I don't recall anything off the top of my head.

I'm angry in advance over this shit. I hope that if we get anything more than a slap on the wrist, we start to get real leaky on what's gone on at competitor schools.
What's the advantage of pointing fingers?
But.... But..... But..... They broke the rules even worse! It's not fair!
That's a pretty shitty defense of/for the infraction/s we committed.

Have it figure it's highly doubtful we get away scot free with the NCAA - unless they want to admit how bad they fucked up the entire Silvio situation - and face the possible repercussions.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:53 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:44 pm

What's the advantage of pointing fingers?
But.... But..... But..... They broke the rules even worse! It's not fair!
That's a pretty shitty defense of/for the infraction/s we committed.

Have it figure it's highly doubtful we get away scot free with the NCAA - unless they want to admit how bad they fucked up the entire Silvio situation - and face the possible repercussions.
I never said anything about it being a defense. I just firmly believe (and I could be proven wrong!) that we weren’t doing anything that was outside the scope of what was happening at many/most/all high majors. If we’re going to get boned, I’d at least like the record to be clear about the circumstances.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Pretty sure we Fucked the Silvio situation. When he got banned for two years we told the NCAA that the Adidas guy was a booster. Can't remember why it was something the NCAA told us they wanted so they did it. The NCAA is such a joke. But if you admit something you toast.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:53 am Pretty sure we Fucked the Silvio situation. When he got banned for two years we told the NCAA that the Adidas guy was a booster. Can't remember why it was something the NCAA told us they wanted so they did it. The NCAA is such a joke. But if you admit something you toast.
If I’m not mistaken, the NCAA wanted KU to say that guy was a booster to help get SDS back a little faster but KU said that he wasn’t.

Could be wrong though.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG