F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

F the NCAA

Post by jfish26 »

Right in the ear. Amateurism is dumb; abolish it. Get the players their fucking money.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

LOL.
Strong first post.
Very strong.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Can we fuck UNC also?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No thanks?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

What's the word on SDS?

He obviously can't be re-cleared since the FBI has told the NCAA to stay away from their investigation until it is completely finished.....and since he's never been officially declared ineligible we don't have to worry about that....but the truth is there seems to be a lot of unknowns about if the NCAA will retroactively punish teams for players caught up in this mess even if the school didn't initially know about it.

I know we've gone over this a bunch with varying opinions.....assuming we didn't know initially when the alleged incident occurred then I think we'd be fine for him playing last year....but the problem is that now we know, so that defense is out the window moving forward.....

We've all got opinions on what we'd like Self to do....but I'm curious if anyone has seen/heard/read anything directly from Self addressing the situation...and/or any word of how the other teams/players plan to handle it? Has the NCAA said anything official that would allow silvio to play with no possible repercussions to KU?

Obviously there's no guarantee the NCAA will even be able to go near this before or during the season since the FBI stuff probably won't be finished. Just sucks having to operate with so many unknowns surrounding him.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I haven't seen anything. I remain of the strong opinion that, on the facts as we currently know them, absolutely nothing will happen to SDS or us. I really do not think the NCAA will get into the business of picking and choosing which players to go after.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They're ( the NCAA ) in a tight spot after all that shit hit the fan.
Unless they outright come and say 'OK, you need to hit pause on playing SDS', I think we do until told we can't.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Of course we do. And as I said at the other place, I would be 100% supportive of Bill playing SDS even if the NCAA did caution against it. Short of an outright declaration of ineligibility (which I would hope KU would fight tooth and nail, and light the entire fucking thing on fire), nothing should change.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I am operating under the assumption that we have seen the last of sds in a KU uniform.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I kinda forgot he's on the team.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Well he's definitely going to be seen in a KU uniform. It's whether or not we risk playing him in games until he can officially get a punishment and/or be declared ineligible.

I'm torn on it. Half of me wants Self to say fuck it and test whether the ncaa has the guts to punish every program involved...the other part realizes that with or without SDS we are in a great spot to possibly win another national title and why risk having it vacated/tarnished.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

No - why in the fuck would we hold him out of anything absent a definitive ban? He is eligible.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm No - why in the fuck would we hold him out of anything absent a definitive ban? He is eligible.
Because we have reason to believe he's compromised his amateur status?

I'm not saying I'm positive he did what he's accused of, but I also think it's very likely at least some of it is true.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm sure all of it's true. So what? He's presently eligible. Unless and until that changes, full speed ahead. The NCAA is just not going to start declaring guys retroactively ineligible based on allegations in a court case. And if they do, fuck them, right in the ear.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Self has already said he intends to play him
Deleted User 75

I fear the NCAA may do exactly that...but it won't happen until after the FBI thing is wrapped up...and who knows when that'll be.

They (NCAA) also have said or at least implied they won't declare anyone involved eligible or ineligible until the FBI says they can get involved, which won't be until the FBI wraps up their stuff.

So while I agree that SDS was previously declared eligible, I don't think that's the same as saying he's positively eligible currently....but he's also not positively ineligible currently...which really puts us in a bad fucking spot if we believe/know what he's accused of is true or somewhat true.
Deleted User 75

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm Self has already said he intends to play him
Ya I remember him saying something like "we haven't been told he's ineligible".

As always with Self, I wonder if there wasn't a method to broadcasting that to the media...maybe as some sort of smoke signal to the NCAA to provide some fucking guidance before programs risk breaking (stupid) rules that could potentially result in vacated wins.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm I fear the NCAA may do exactly that...but it won't happen until after the FBI thing is wrapped up...and who knows when that'll be.

They (NCAA) also have said or at least implied they won't declare anyone involved eligible or ineligible until the FBI says they can get involved, which won't be until the FBI wraps up their stuff.

So while I agree that SDS was previously declared eligible, I don't think that's the same as saying he's positively eligible currently....but he's also not positively ineligible currently...which really puts us in a bad fucking spot if we believe/know what he's accused of is true or somewhat true.
This is not correct. SDS is eligible. He has been cleared. He is 100% positively eligible, currently.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:55 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm I fear the NCAA may do exactly that...but it won't happen until after the FBI thing is wrapped up...and who knows when that'll be.

This is not correct. SDS is eligible. He has been cleared. He is 100% positively eligible, currently.
I mean, I get what you're saying...but I am not sure that's how it actually works.

For reference was Marcus Camby eligible too and then they found out shit and retroactively vacated their season? I was like 7 so I don't remember.

I HATE THE NCAA...and I hope Fish is right and the NCAA pretends this never happened....but their "commission" comments made me feel uneasy about that happening.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well, fine, but the things that they're talking about happened before he was at KU, so: he's already played. The well is as poisoned as it's ever going to be.

There's a school of thought that says things have changed now and we might consider holding him out as a precaution. To which I say: I'm not getting burned by that one again, nope. Not after possibly losing a national championship over it last year.