F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:31 pm not so far off.

but Ayton/Miller isn't as high profile and wouldn't/didn't have that bombshell effect on the narrative that could be achieved by someones like Zion/K.

I mean I think K is one of the slimiest rats around since Splinter in The Secret of the Ooze, don't get me wrong.

But could you imagine the kind of ruckus that might be created if he of all douchers sat for a game like Miller did?
you give Splinter a bad name
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm K’s back surgery = Michael Jordan’s minor league baseball tryout?
No
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

lobster wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm Back to the original post, fuck the NCAA. Tired of their bullshit. Someone working for them just doesn't like Self and/or KU.
Maybe if Self and KU didn't have a "history" with the NCAA that person might like Self and KU.
It's just a thought.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Ya. I don't buy that there's some conspiracy to get Kansas.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

We were put on this earth to suffer, and the NCAA is here to make sure we do.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

All things considered, with amount that KU was in the news last summer, at least for now I am quite okay with the NCAA. It still could be in the works but IMO there was enough smoke to launch a full scale investigation into our brain dead coaching staff and basketball program.

All that being said #FreeSilvio
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am All things considered, with amount that KU was in the news last summer, at least for now I am quite okay with the NCAA. It still could be in the works but IMO there was enough smoke to launch a full scale investigation into our brain dead coaching staff and basketball program.

The ire of this KU fan and most KU fans is not that they are looking into stuff. It's the inconsistencies with process and punishment. KU/Self are used to this whole thing by now, and every year they get pissy with the NCAA not knowing what they're doing.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:09 am
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am All things considered, with amount that KU was in the news last summer, at least for now I am quite okay with the NCAA. It still could be in the works but IMO there was enough smoke to launch a full scale investigation into our brain dead coaching staff and basketball program.

The ire of this KU fan and most KU fans is not that they are looking into stuff. It's the inconsistencies with process and punishment. KU/Self are used to this whole thing by now, and every year they get pissy with the NCAA not knowing what they're doing.
CnB...can't argue that. The NCAA makes it up as it goes which drives us as fans nuts and I'm sure the coaching staff 1000x times. No timelines, explanations and no accountability.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

i'm sitting here trying to figure out what benefit the member institutions actually get from being a part of the ncaa
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Money?
Deleted User 89

that's what the ncaa gets
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

at the least, I think the NCAA owes its member institutions and student athletes a timely and consistent process.

let's not forget, they already fucking cleared this kid once.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 am i'm sitting here trying to figure out what benefit the member institutions actually get from being a part of the ncaa

Mostly they get a front for the immoral and unethical system they've set up and maintain/expand. The NCAA takes the heat for all sorts of things the member institutions would rather not answer for directly.

All of this inconsistency, unaccountability, controversy, seeming inscrutability - it's all a feature, not a bug. It's doing what the member schools (and the coaches and administrators and sponsors and so on) want, which is providing shiny objects to distract attention while the important work is ongoing.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

F 'em.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Fuck those fucking fuckers.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Drunk on power. History says it doesn’t end well for those types.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Silvio is a sympathetic kid. Angola had a long, protracted civil war (a Soviet-Cuban/American proxy war). Hire the best PR firm in Washington. Burn the fucking Portuguese colonialists. Burn fucking Kruschev, Castro, and Kennedy. Put SDS on 60 Minutes. Put him front-and-center in a 30 for 30 about kids trying to escape African political instability (even though Angola is pretty stable these days). Play the fucking Sex Pistols ("is this the MPLA") in the background as you show scenes of the slaughter carried out in the '70s.

Burn the fucking NCAA down.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

TRigGerED!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Damn straight.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That kid got fucked over by a lot of different people.
Seems like a very nice kid to be treated like that.