F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

If the NCAA would come out and say “we have evidence to believe Silvio and his family/guardian were connected to an agent at adidas who gave them money equal to or more than the amount it has previously taken to suspend a player for two years” then fine, fair.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I know I’m just a bullshit moderator on a bullshit message board but at least I take pride in banning people equally.
It’s like me banning lone star hawk for not formatting an img tag but PhD continues to normally post.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:59 pm That kid got fucked over by a lot of different people.
Seems like a very nice kid to be treated like that.
All these kids are pretty nice.

A lot of them are also getting paid.

It's a culture...well known...well participated in...now the ncaa is doing what they always do and pretending they haven't known about this stuff all along...so they're coming down with a big hammer on (some of) the players/programs wrapped up in the fbi scandal.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 pm If the NCAA would come out and say “we have evidence to believe Silvio and his family/guardian were connected to an agent at adidas who gave them money equal to or more than the amount it has previously taken to suspend a player for two years” then fine, fair.
Is there a ballpark figure of what that has taken in the past? Obviously it has to be more than the $2,500....

The Miami kid got the same for $5,500ish dollars?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Ban me for this, attack away, do as you please, but I'm going to speak my mind and I am fully aware what I have to say is not going to be well received.

I'll begin by saying, I agree 100%, F the NCAA.
That being said, why is nobody saying fuck the KU athletic program and those associated with it - too?
KU has not had a good history with the NCAA. At all. Heck, Silvo's "guardian" (some might consider to be pimp - Adidas guy/s refer to him as an "idiot") felt the need to allude to it during his statement yesterday.
TRUTH - We have had way too numerous infractions, issues, and incidents, and it has been a continuous trend.
Others may conclude we are a "scummy" program and let's be honest with ourselves and each other - frankly most of you would probably think so too about other programs if those programs had the identical issues that we have had.
We have a new AD, a new Football coach, and a fairly new Chancellor. Is a new Basketball coach on the near horizon too? The Bill Self era has been fantastic in terms of wins and losses but let's be brutally honest here, it's really been a shit show in terms of violations and off the court issues with the players - and coaches.
As great of a coach as he is, and he very well may be even better guy/person, he should be considered walking a tightrope right now and shown the door in the near future if there is not a complete cessation in terms of violations (and "issues") under his watch. There should now be a zero tolerance policy in place.
Billy is 56. He said he may not coach past 60. I'm left wondering if he is going to coach at KU past 56.
Sorry kids, while our program may be "elite" in terms of success on the court, we are also "elite" in terms of violations, infractions, issues, and incidents. I know most of you ignore all the things that have transpired since the Larry Brown years but there has been way too much shit. Don't think so, don't agree? Anybody could do a little research and then provide a looooooong list of everything that has been known to transpire. It's not good kids. It's truly ugly.
Frankly, it's embarrassing and a huge black eye in terms of the reputation and integrity of the University of Kansas - and I am a bit surprised Bill Self has not been held accountable to the same degree most others would be.
Once again, I agree 100% - fuck the NCAA.
As much as it pains me to say it, fuck the KU athletic program and those associated with it too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I agree to an extent gutter, especially to Bill growing tired of this.

Where you go a little overboard is calling KU elite in scum. If you do make a laundry list of what’s transpired in the Self tenure, the vast majority of it boils down to the NCAA’s ignorant, selfish and antiquated views on amateurism. There is nothing morally wrong with these athletes being compensated. And, it seems KU either knows nothing or just enough to not get sanctioned.

Which brings me back to Fuck the fucking NCAA. At what point did it completely lose its mission? If Self had to vacate wins and Self got a show cause over the FBI stuff, I would have been pissed, but at least been able to follow it logically. That would have been easier to stomach, for me, than for the NCAA to do everything in its power to ruin a kid’s life. It’s outrageous and disgusting.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Where KU went wrong was signing with a soccer brand to outfit us. Stick with Nike and msny of the issues gutter refers to dont ever happen.
Just Ledoux it
painter

Post by painter »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:53 pm
painter wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:40 pm I’d love to see some even higher profile player/coach - what up Zion and K - get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, only to have the critical mass to squarely put the NCAA on the spot.

In fact, that might be the only thing K could ever do that would actually make him likable.

I would like to see this happen right after Selection Sunday and have the NCAA rule Zion ineligible.
Then have Coach K say "fuck you" to the NCAA and play him anyway and eventually lose to a directional vo-tech school in the 2nd round to make it a complete comedy of errors.
Isn’t that not so far off from what Arizona did last year?
It's pretty close :)
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 pm I know I’m just a bullshit moderator on a bullshit message board but at least I take pride in banning people equally.
It’s like me banning lone star hawk for not formatting an img tag but PhD continues to normally post.
There would have been public outrage...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Black bars on avatars, the whole smash.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:26 pm has this been posted?

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2019/2/2/ ... s-jayhawks

And yet, it would appear, the online class DeSousa took money for was most likely related to the NCAA’s established reputation of denying or delaying the path of African players. And certainly was still the case even with it.
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Conspiracy theory:

KU beats Duke.
Coach K and his booster group say, "Nike, this is bullshit, we can't loose to an Adidas school."
Nike, Duke and co. pay off the FBI and the Southern District.

April 10th Kansas added to the report.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 pm I know I’m just a bullshit moderator on a bullshit message board but at least I take pride in banning people equally.
There would have been public outrage...
illy would have thrown a party...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

I wouldn't have even noticed because I've got you on ignore.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kansas fears formal NCAA investigation stemming from FBI case involving college basketball

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... asketball/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hypotheticals.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Call him a booster and we'll let De Sousa play."
"OK, he's a booster."
"Gotchya!"

Asked whether Kansas was being setup for a formal investigation, a source close to the case explained, "It certainly appears that way."
Deleted User 75

But isn't he a booster by definition? Wasn't he helping us? Wasn't (isn't) he close with our head coach? Wasn't he providing improper benefits to entice players to go to KU?

This sucks. But this is what happens when 2 members of your coaching staff end up on wire taps during an FBI investigation.

I wish Self would just come out and say what everyone knows.. If Gassnola "betrayed" Self and was doing all these "terrible things" (long eye roll) behind his good friends back then you'd think Self would have blasted him in the media...he hasn't. Hell, he hasn't said anything about him....and that's because they're friends. Same reason Gasnolla stayed silent to protect Self when asked direct questions about him.

This is dumb. Self should come out and say "come on guys, this is happening everywhere, has been for decades, everyone knows it, let's stop all the pretending and take some steps to solve the problem that's not going away"....but he won't most likely. We will just stay silent, say the standard responses, and then get blasted by the NCAA just like SDS just did.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I stated the obvious many years ago.
Statement before a question.
The KU program is far from being "clean". Is that fact or fiction?
A big part of the problem is we are guilty of repeated behavior and "violations".
Let's be honest with each other - we have had more than our fair share of issues with the NCAA.
If we were discussing any other program that had identical issues to what we have had the past 35 seasons - what would people on here say about that program?
We have been a ________ program since our Larry Brown days.
Of course as have many other programs.
The thing that blows my mind is - as Fish and others have alluded to, if the freaking FBI feels the need to get involved in what's been transpiring in college athletics since before most of you were born - then I say it's egg on their face/s. I admit my ignorance - WTF took them so long and why just recently do they care?
I truly believe College athletics as we know it/them are going to be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.
I fully expect in the few years I have remaining that I will begin to see the dissolving of the NCAA. Either drastic changes need to be made in the very near future if the NCAA is to exist in it's current state or the NCAA will some how, some way be disbanded. I don't see how it can't happen.