This Team

Kansas Basketball.
kubandalum

Re: This Team

Post by kubandalum »

With all the personnel losses this year and now starting a bunch of freshmen, if Self wins the conference this year, he will deserve NCOY for that alone.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Here's the funny thing about this team.

We're struggling, have all kinds of bad luck, as fans we're unhappy with the product, etc.

But Dotson, Agbaji, McCormack, maybe garrett, and Lawson, if he decides to comes back, are on a pace to become legendary Jayhawks.

Some day in the future when we're struggling, people will be pining for the teams with Dotson, Agbaji, McCormick et al. Remembering how great and fun those teams were, completely forgetting how frustrating year 1 was.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hell, they might all be back.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Thinking right now that everyone but Dedric and Udoka come back.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Where's Dok going?
Dedrick didn't get more athletic either.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
t_jayhawk

Post by t_jayhawk »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm were you watching the osu game? not boring or tedious
I posted that at the beginning of the second-half. You think the first 27 minutes of that game were not tedious??? Really? You don’t think 80% of the games this year haven’t been boring? Yes, we have major personnel losses. And we still have a lot more talent than any other team in the big 12. I could have expounded by saying that we should out talent 90% of The teams we play.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Udoka is going to play a lot of ball overseas.

Dedric has played as advertised this year. His plan was one year and bolt. I don’t see anything that detours that plan. He’s a second round guy this year or next.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

If I had to guess, we lose Vick(Obviously), Dok, Dedric, and maybe one other player to transfer. The core we have will be pretty good.

Core of:
Dotson
Grimes
Ochai
Garrett
Mitch
McCormack
KJ-he could leave if his brother leaves but maybe not
Charlie- he has performed better recently, but not sure he will stick

+Plus
McBride
Braun

+Who knows
Hurt
Surprise recruit
Silvio(I’m very pessimistic)
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

kubandalum wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm With all the personnel losses this year and now starting a bunch of freshmen, if Self wins the conference this year, he will deserve NCOY for that alone.
I thought the same thing, this morning, in re Conny COTY.

Longshot, but it'd be fun.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Second half, they looked much more like a team.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm Where's Dok going?
Dedrick didn't get more athletic either.
To play for money somewhere.

Neither are going to transform into sure fire NBA players with another year of college. Might as well go now. Dok not applying for medical redshirt should be all you need to know about his intentions for the future.

Dedric wanted to go pro 24months ago...he's probably improved his stock all he can.
Deleted User 75

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:17 pm
kubandalum wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm With all the personnel losses this year and now starting a bunch of freshmen, if Self wins the conference this year, he will deserve NCOY for that alone.
I thought the same thing, this morning, in re Conny COTY.

Longshot, but it'd be fun.
Winning the big 12 conference doesn't get you national coach of the year. Especially when you're preseason #1 and have won the conference for over a decade straight.

Maybe conference coach of the year is a possibility. But it's hard for him to win those because the expectations for us are always so high.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

except for everything that has gone “wrong” this season
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am except for everything that has gone “wrong” this season
Dok got hurt. It happens.

Not sure the voters are going to give Kansas sympathy because SDS got caught taking improper benefits in an FBI scandal. Nor should they.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well...SDS didn’t get caught taking shit.
Deleted User 75

Ok. Remove "caught" and insert "suspended for".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He also didn’t get suspended for taking shit!
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I am holding out hope for sds in the appeal process.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:40 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am except for everything that has gone “wrong” this season
Dok got hurt. It happens.

Not sure the voters are going to give Kansas sympathy because SDS got caught taking improper benefits in an FBI scandal. Nor should they.
the SDS situation totally matters if your narrative includes preseason rankings and expectations (even if many of us here didn’t think there was much of a chance of him playing)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »