This Team

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: This Team

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I said on different thread. But this may end of being one of Self’s favorite teams at KU. All the crap that has happened and to go and do that tonight. On the road. Down 6 players, who were all thought to play a role this year, in OT.

Didn’t even play the best. But they fought like hell and Self loves that more than anything.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Down 6 players?

The legend grows!
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:55 am Down 6 players?

The legend grows!
To injury, suspension and foul out, yes. Dok, SDS, Vick, Garrett, Lawson and Lightfoot were all unavailable after Lawson fouled out with 2:27 to go in OT.
Deleted User 75

LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 amLOL
The correct answer is "I didn't read the entire sentence, "On the road. Down 6 players, who were all thought to play a role this year, in OT. " before I hit the reply button.

Or maybe the multiple commas threw you off, I don't know.
Deleted User 75

LOL

(You don't have to reply to every post I make, just an fyi, hope the commas don't throw you off.)
Deleted User 75

Dedric had a double double....did they take those pts away when he fouled out?

LOL
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We were down six players, with a minute left in overtime, in a one point game, on the road, and still won.
Does that work for you?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Grimes fouled out with :56 left too.

We were down to 5 scholarship players. Not sure why pointing that out is making anyone laugh out loud.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 am Dedric had a double double....did they take those pts away when he fouled out?

LOL
Remember the Tennessee game? When Grant Williams fouled out after making KU look like a JR High girls team for the entire 2nd half. Yeah, it's weird how a game turns when a team's best, most important player fouls out and you have to adjust mid game. In this case, mid-OT.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 am Dedric had a double double....did they take those pts away when he fouled out?

LOL
Remember the Tennessee game? When Grant Williams fouled out after making KU look like a JR High girls team for the entire 2nd half. Yeah, it's weird how a game turns when a team's best, most important player fouls out and you have to adjust mid game. In this case, mid-OT.
Was just going to post about this.

Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 am We were down six players, with a minute left in overtime, in a one point game, on the road, and still won.
Does that work for you?
I don't give a fuck how you describe it.

You can say we were down 9 players if it makes you happy. I classify us as being down 2 players. Dok and Garrett. I've believed since August SDS was never going to play. It was obvious....i don't view fouling out and being out with injury as the same thing. It's a personal choice. Not sure why I need to argue why I feel that way with 5 different people.

You can say we were down as many players as you want. Count newman, Bragg, Sam, and whoever else for all I give a fuck.....I'm just glad we won.

Who would have thunk it'd be KJ hitting clutch shots for us! Way to go KJ!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

you will literally argue about ANYTHING.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

When there's 2 minutes left in OT and you look at the bench and see 5 of your players, for whatever reason, unable to participate. How can you say you aren't "down" those players? Do you think McCormack, KJ, and Moore are finishing a OT game if they aren't "down" players?
Last edited by NDballer13 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Not sure why I need to argue why I feel that way with 5 different people. "

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am you will literally argue about ANYTHING.
Same can be said about numerous people.

Let's just recap.....

this "argument" started because I said "down 6 people. The legend grows."

So I'm wondering if I started the argument, or if turdcoach did by responding to something in a rude way that wasn't directed towards him or about a comment he made.

I'm going to blame turdcoach.
Deleted User 75

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am When there's 2 minutes left in OT and you look at the bench and see 5 of your players, for whatever reason, unable to participate. How can you say you aren't "down" those players? Do you think McCormack, KJ, and Moore are finishing a OT game if they aren't "down" players?
I could repeat myself. Again.

Or.... you could read what I've said.

Or .....you could just not give a fuck because it was a comment that's not worth arguing about for 2 hours.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Illy arguing about how much he argues.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 75

Everyone's got to get their piece. LOL

No wonder I've got to "argue" so much.