This Team

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: This Team

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am "Not sure why I need to argue why I feel that way with 5 different people. "

I should go give your day and a half long Vick meltdown some illy meters now that I know how!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I mean...were we really "on the road"...we played on hardwood, roads are usually made from asphalt.

Also, we had quite a few fans there, so I don't count it as a road win.

And is it really a win at all...we were tied after regulation, I don't count overtime wins as wins, it's just a personal choice.

Also, it's not a "bench" they are individual chairs. So we didn't have any players on the bench, we had players in chairs.

Am I doing it right?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Down 37 players, in the toughest road environment known to man, against a historic program....

This is fun!
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:31 am
NDballer13 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am When there's 2 minutes left in OT and you look at the bench and see 5 of your players, for whatever reason, unable to participate. How can you say you aren't "down" those players? Do you think McCormack, KJ, and Moore are finishing a OT game if they aren't "down" players?
I could repeat myself. Again.

Or.... you could read what I've said.

Or .....you could just not give a fuck because it was a comment that's not worth arguing about for 2 hours.
All I've gathered is that I'm not sure you comprehend how the game of basketball works.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am you will literally argue about ANYTHING.
Same can be said about numerous people.

Let's just recap.....

this "argument" started because I said "down 6 people. The legend grows."

So I'm wondering if I started the argument, or if turdcoach did by responding to something in a rude way that wasn't directed towards him or about a comment he made.

I'm going to blame turdcoach.
Actually the definition of legend is "a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated."

That game was authentic, no one disputes that it happened. There were thousands who saw it live and many more who watched it on television. There are many written, spoken, and recorded accounts of the game. So, I'm not sure where you get off referring to it as a LEGEND....LOL.

Just my opinion though.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:05 am Grimes fouled out with :56 left too.

We were down to 5 scholarship players. Not sure why pointing that out is making anyone laugh out loud.
cuz he's an idiot
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am "Not sure why I need to argue why I feel that way with 5 different people. "

I should go give your day and a half long Vick meltdown some illy meters now that I know how!
I probably deserved a 4 or so for my Vick rant the other day.
Not gonna argue about that.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am you will literally argue about ANYTHING.
Same can be said about numerous people.

Let's just recap.....

this "argument" started because I said "down 6 people. The legend grows."

So I'm wondering if I started the argument, or if turdcoach did by responding to something in a rude way that wasn't directed towards him or about a comment he made.

I'm going to blame turdcoach.
Actually the definition of legend is "a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated."

That game was authentic, no one disputes that it happened. There were thousands who saw it live and many more who watched it on television. There are many written, spoken, and recorded accounts of the game. So, I'm not sure where you get off referring to it as a LEGEND....LOL.

Just my opinion though.
Stop it, you're freaking me out.
Defense. Rebounds.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

LOL...that was posted by my 13 year-old daughter, because who else would use LOL every post?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Why is Traylor used on the Illy meter?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

It feels weird going this far in a season and I barely know the walkons. Usually we have some 20 point blowouts and don’t have starting freshman that need reps.
Deleted User 75

lobster wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 pm Why is Traylor used on the Illy meter?
I'm president of the Mari fan club.

Odd that people seem to hate he and Mitch so much, but in the next breath people will say "give me guys ranked 40-100 all day"......well, more of those 40-100 ranked guys end up more like Mari and Mitch than they do Frank and Devonte. Be careful what you wish for.
Lonestarjayhawk

No one Hates Mitch and Mari...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 am No one Hates Mitch and Mari...
Hate is a strong word. Overly critical would be a better one.

Happened with Reed. Happened with Sleeves....happens with a lot or those 40-100 ranked guys.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:07 am
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 am No one Hates Mitch and Mari...
Hate is a strong word. Overly critical would be a better one.

Happened with Reed. Happened with Sleeves....happens with a lot or those 40-100 ranked guys.
You are just making shit up now...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We tend to be overly critical of just about everyone way too often.

As much as you want to try to say it's with guys ranked 40-100, I think it most often is directed at players who just aren't as likeable for personality reasons. (we have quite a crew of body language experts here) And for people who fuck up or get in trouble for shit. In fact I'm pretty sure the board was just as hard on Cliff Alexander and Brannen Greene as they were Rio Adams and Tharpe. Not sure rankings come in to play.

Lonestarjayhawk

I thought Rio Adams was going to be Big Time
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I thought Lagerald Vick was going to be Big Time
Deleted User 75

I'm sure we can find examples of both.

What were/are Mari's and Mitch's negative personality traits? None.

I'm not making a grand declaration. Just saying that only wanting 40-100 type guys will result in a lot more Mari and Mitch type players than Frank and Devonte type players.

I want us to have the best players possible. That means OADs and those 40-100 ranked guys. Just because Embiid and Wiggins didn't do well in their 1 tournament isn't evidence that we don't need those kind of players.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mari and Mitch are the band aids for when the better recruits fall victim to the ncaa.

insurance against The Rules, if you will.