Garret questionable tomorrow...

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: Garret questionable tomorrow...

Post by holidaysmore »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:06 pm Moore didn't do bad. He needs less 3 point attempts and more drives to the basket. When he drives more good things can happen...
Agreed. I thought he played some good minutes. Can’t shoot a lick but he is at his best, like he was at Cal when he plays off of high ball screens and then gets down hill.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

Nothing against Garrett, but the squad on the floor today (other than if Doke was still healthy) looked like the best team Kansas can put on the court. Garrett's defense is good...no question...but IF...big IF Dotson and Grimes bring the game they brought today the rest of the season the five on the floor are as good as been seen since Doke was hurt in my opinion. They bring it like today it frees Vick up, doesn't allow for as much collapse on Dedric. Ochai is just the spark plug that I think gets it started, but at the same time, again...Grimes and Dotson have to bring it every single time when they step on the court.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ochai and Dotson are becoming my faves on this team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ochai is my favorite 2nd to Dok.
Active and attitude.
Swoon.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 am Ochai and Dotson are becoming my faves on this team.
Yep and ita not close
Just Ledoux it
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Moore did good with drive and dish.... BUT, still felt the ball was sticking in his hands. The biggest step forward with yesterday’s win was ball movement. Hard to complain when Moore was settting up the open man, but his slower tempo was a contrast to the rest of the squad. Not a complaint with a 20 point victory, it’s just strange to still see his lack on intensity when you know that’s what is holding him back.
I am, I said.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He also makes Tharpe-ish puzzling decisions from time to time, like whatever the fuck that was at the end of the half.

One thing is for sure with this team: we don’t have a great lineup for getting a bucket down late. Really need to try to play from ahead.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

It is also his birthday. So I’m praying he wishes for the same result in Manhattan this week. There hasn’t been this big of implications for a long time, and the hicks are going to show it.
I am, I said.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Charlie is the best on the team at driving and dishing. Dotson showed he can do it in the first half, but he's really a drive-to-score or drive-to-draw-blockers-and-create-offensive-rebounds player.

If Charlie concentrates on that skill and less on shooting Tharpish shots he has a spot in the rotation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo any timetable?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You mean we're over the "is KU better without Garrett" so soon?
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

You could fill damn near an entire roster with just the schollies that won't be available to play tomorrow between both teams.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Holy fuck. Things couldn't be going worse this year.

It even seems like our coaching staff is distracted/on edge.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:54 am Ochai is my favorite 2nd to Dok.
Active and attitude.
Swoon.