Still gonna win at least a share of the conference

Kansas Basketball.
Soklous

Re: Still gonna win at least a share of the conference

Post by Soklous »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 pm "And when he's back it will be better for us."
"Told Vick he wished for the best. Called Vick a great guy, with a great family."

As opposed to,
"For fuck’s sake.
Oh ya, would much rather have Vick than Svi.
I had a weird feeling, though, after Tuesday."

"This feels very similar to when Arnold had personal regret and decided to travel for 2 weeks to Mars in order to sort life out. In the end, he never left."

I get it. You can tell me what I’ve witnessed is wrong, and compare Vick to an international icon, but if I compare the situation to Total Recall, you call your board names. Neat!
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's allowed on the board to not like each other and even curse.
I just don't think some individuals have the right attitude when it comes to a senior Jayhawk who might be having actual issues beyond basketball.
I'm not saying they can't say what they think, they have the right, but I have the right of saying I disagree in the manner I please as long as it's not way out of bounds or constant.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

i.e. watch this:
PhD is an asshole.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm i.e. watch this:
PhD is an asshole.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:12 pm It's at least possible that the wording is to help him save some face or to get him/Lala to go along with it.
I mean, that's my assumption. But isn't the better route to say something like, "He's got some personal issues to work on that are bigger than basketball right now, we don't anticipate that he'll return this season."

If he's really done, then calling it a leave of absence just means it's something the press will have to ask about at every press conference until the end of the season.

Or.....it really is a personal issue and he can come back when it's taken care of.
I think it could be a little bit of protection. Calling it a personal issue and Vick's decision basically stops the media from inquiring into details both from Self and the Vick family. At least it should.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:15 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:12 pm It's at least possible that the wording is to help him save some face or to get him/Lala to go along with it.
I mean, that's my assumption. But isn't the better route to say something like, "He's got some personal issues to work on that are bigger than basketball right now, we don't anticipate that he'll return this season."

If he's really done, then calling it a leave of absence just means it's something the press will have to ask about at every press conference until the end of the season.

Or.....it really is a personal issue and he can come back when it's taken care of.
I think it could be a little bit of protection. Calling it a personal issue and Vick's decision basically stops the media from inquiring into details both from Self and the Vick family. At least it should.
I think if it is for sure done, then not saying so is a pretty big mistake to leave it open ended or suggest it's temporary.

I support protecting the player in a situation like this. And I think giving it finality, if that's indeed the case, would be better for him as well as the team.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:17 pm

I think if it is for sure done, then not saying so is a pretty big mistake to leave it open ended or suggest it's temporary.

I support protecting the player in a situation like this. And I think giving it finality, if that's indeed the case, would be better for him as well as the team.
Ah, the open-ended part. That's a good point, and given all of the assumptions about Bill not liking Vick, there's still the fact that he does seem to have a soft spot for him--lots of coaches would have given up long ago. Because of that, I certainly think the possibility is there that Bill hasn't made a final decision.

I still personally would be pretty surprised if he came back.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

....or Vick could really have a family issue to deal with and he'll be back in a few weeks. He has a kid or 2 and something to do with a child would certainly warrant leaving the team regardless of what point in the season it is.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:34 pm ....or Vick could really have a family issue to deal with and he'll be back in a few weeks. He has a kid or 2 and something to do with a child would certainly warrant leaving the team regardless of what point in the season it is.
Of course.

The timing and subject player do make it suspect. That along with Bill's "indefinitely" timeline, it's not a jump to speculate that Vick needs Memphis more right right now than Memphis needs Vick.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Ah, the open-ended part. That's a good point, and given all of the assumptions about Bill not liking Vick, there's still the fact that he does seem to have a soft spot for him--lots of coaches would have given up long ago. Because of that, I certainly think the possibility is there that Bill hasn't made a final decision.

https://twitter.com/garybedore/status/1 ... 11073?s=21
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Feels like it will be Mitch.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shit.

If I wasn't busy getting ready to be governor of Virginia, I'd head back. I still have eligibility.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I heard Self's considering burning Brady's redshirt now too.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:52 pm Feels like it will be Mitch.
Please not CJ Lawson.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mitch under/over:
18.5 minutes
8.5 points
4.5 rebounds
.5 3 pointers made
1.5 charges taken
10.5 charge positions attempted
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Over. All of em.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhD is an asshole.
You mean "e.g.," not "i.e.," you dumbmutherfuckingassholecuntfacedprick.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Does Vick still get a NC ring?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm
PhD is an asshole.
You mean "e.g.," not "i.e.," you dumbmutherfuckingassholecuntfacedprick.
so...wait...am I still an asshole, or nah?