Official Big 12 Game Thread #12 - KU @ TCU

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Official Big 12 Game Thread #12 - KU @ TCU

Post by PhDhawk »

The previous game (UVA @ UNC) Bilas had a long talk about how too many charges are called and how many of them should be blocking fouls.

2 hours later, a pretty clear blocking foul gets called, Fran shits his pants that it should be a charge.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:28 am
JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 am "That was a charge. That was a charge. That was a charge"

-Fran (Ignoring the fact his feet were moving the whole time)

Anyone else generally sick of him on KU games?
Yes
Yeah him on Saturday and then Monday is kind of a pain.

But ESPN doesn't have much outside of Bilas. That's the worst part. Dakich with Big 10 is awful. Bill Walton is in his own world (And I don't mind it) and Vitale is losing it. Not many options.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

I guess I'd settle for the hallucinogenic trip that is a Bill Walton game over Fran. The fact that I now have to consider whether or not I'd take Dick Vitale over Fran speaks volumes...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I still take Fran over them both.
Fran knows the league.
It's weird to hear me say this but I sometimes miss Musberger.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 am I still take Fran over them both.
Fran knows the league.
It's weird to hear me say this but I sometimes miss Musberger.
And his open cheering for what he bet on.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

I'd take Fran over Dickie V still... but I didn't think I'd ever have to think about it first.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 am I'd take Fran over Dickie V still... but I didn't think I'd ever have to think about it first.
Same here. Walton between the two. All three seem bored with the game and prefer talking about something else. Always like Bilas.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

kubandalum wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:28 pm All three seem bored with the game and prefer talking about something else.
this is the one thing I'll defend about Fran. He actually, mostly, focuses on the game at hand, and knows a lot about the conference he calls. He's just annoying.

Walton talks about who the fuck knows what, but it's never entertaining or interesting.

I actually like Dickie V's enthusiasm, if he'd focus on the game he's calling, I'd actually really like him, but inevitably he's talking about wanting a Wendy's all-american, which leads to him talking about the Tampa Bay Rays, which winds back to how coach Knight was so good which reminds him how much he's in love with Krzysaawer;laskdj;ki and how good of a team Dook has........
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.