CrimsonNBlue

2020 Jayhawk NBA Draft Prospects

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Jayhawk NBA Draft Prospects

Post by pdub »

I like Dotson higher than that.
I could see Chai going higher than that next year but not confident enough to guess.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I've seen Ochai listed higher on boards for this year.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 28084.html

Lawson, Dotson, Grimes get combine invites

DeSousa gets GLeague camp invite

and a bit on Hampton and others
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 am

too bad for him. But I gotta think this bodes well for him coming back if he gets a favorable appeal, even if it's only eligible for part of the season.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 am

too bad for him. But I gotta think this bodes well for him coming back if he gets a favorable appeal, even if it's only eligible for part of the season.
With the dates set up the way they are, is it possible - if he performs well at the G-League combine - that they invite him to work out again at the big boy combine? I'm sure there will be guys (Zion, Morant, etc.) who decline certain parts of the combine, so it leaves room.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

1 more year! 1 more year!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

dotson had his mind made up before the season that hes going pro. funny how he is putting up big numbers but his stock has actually fallen since last year. but i get it. proven commidity at this point. its hard to draft a small point guard who isnt very good at shooting, passing, or decision making. doesnt matter how quick or good around the rim you are
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Curious to me that Udoka hasn't been picking up much love. His fitness has been a game-changer. At some point the draft folks will remember he'll still be 20 on draft day.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Game is all about spacing the floor now. No room for a guy who can't make a shot outside of 2 feet. Andre Drummond is as good as they come in this area and he just got dumped for a 12 pack of yellow Gatorade.

But I'm with you. Still no reason to think he can't be good for 15 minutes a night. Protecting the rim and running the floor for a couple easy dunks. You'd think the improvement he has shown to guarding on the perimeter would be enough to have him hear his name called on draft night.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yeah. I just think someone will have use for a guy that can give credible minutes for next to nothing.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:43 pm Curious to me that Udoka hasn't been picking up much love. His fitness has been a game-changer. At some point the draft folks will remember he'll still be 20 on draft day.
I honestly think Givony is in the camp of (several) scouts that believe Udoka is somewhere around 22 or 23.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:38 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:43 pm Curious to me that Udoka hasn't been picking up much love. His fitness has been a game-changer. At some point the draft folks will remember he'll still be 20 on draft day.
I honestly think Givony is in the camp of (several) scouts that believe Udoka is somewhere around 22 or 23.
And that would surprise no one. On the other hand, at the spot in the draft you're looking at him, and given that there's no upside there regardless of his age, do you care really?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:41 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:38 pm
And that would surprise no one. On the other hand, at the spot in the draft you're looking at him, and given that there's no upside there regardless of his age, do you care really?
I definitely agree. You don't have anything to lose there and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he's taken in the back half of the 2nd.

I guess if you're a media scout and want to drive home some point about Udoka's real age or the fact that the game is moving away from players like him, the easiest thing to do is to just not list him while everyone watches him put up an AA caliber season.
Deleted User 295

Dok will change some opinions once he goes back thru pre draft stuff. He is going to be lighter, faster, jump higher, defend better, etc. He's improved in every facit of the game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 pm Dok will change some opinions once he goes back thru pre draft stuff. He is going to be lighter, faster, jump higher, defend better, etc. He's improved in every facit of the game.
And, as importantly as anything, he’s stayed on the floor. In both relevant ways.
Deleted User 295

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:45 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 pm Dok will change some opinions once he goes back thru pre draft stuff. He is going to be lighter, faster, jump higher, defend better, etc. He's improved in every facit of the game.
And, as importantly as anything, he’s stayed on the floor. In both relevant ways.
Yes. 33mpg. No injuries.

I think some of Doks best qualities that sometimes maybe get overlooked are his desire to improve (losing 50lbs that fast is no easy task) and his competitiveness. That dude cares and it shows in how hard he plays game in and game out. I don't think I've ever been watching a game and thought "man Dok sure seems flat tonight with no energy".
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:57 pm Game is all about spacing the floor now. No room for a guy who can't make a shot outside of 2 feet. Andre Drummond is as good as they come in this area and he just got dumped for a 12 pack of yellow Gatorade.

But I'm with you. Still no reason to think he can't be good for 15 minutes a night. Protecting the rim and running the floor for a couple easy dunks. You'd think the improvement he has shown to guarding on the perimeter would be enough to have him hear his name called on draft night.
andre drummond got dumped because he had a big contract on a team that is going no where. no point keeping him. and if youve ever watched him play youd realize all he does is rebound. offensively i get the comparison to dok because they both have no shot and similar free throw percentages. but andre drummond is absolute garbage on the defensive end. doesnt have very good feet. dok has potential to be a paint protector at the next level. strong and long enough to protect the rim and he slides his feet well. drummond can go out and get 15 rebounds a game but doesnt offer any defense despite his size.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

dok has a chance at the NBA. small ball is taking over but teams still need centers. centers have to be a lot faster and more mobile than they used to. long quick athletic guys that dont demand touches are what teams want these days. guys that can protect the rim and guard ball screens. block shots, set screens, run the floor, rebound, and dunk the ball when the opportunity is there. doks limited skillset fits this role perfectly.

the center position has changed a lot. teams dont play through centers much anymore. centers are basically role players. guys that buy into that role are more coveted than the dinosaur on the block looking for post ups in the paint all day