Chris Beard

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Chris Beard

Post by sdoyel »

6/27.45 extension...

Now the 3rd highest paid coach in college basketball...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PortlandHawk

Re: Chris Beard

Post by PortlandHawk »

Good for him. Damn.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's earned every single penny.

He's at a 75% winning percentage over last 4 years. 1 at Arkansas LR and a 18-14 year his first in Lubbock.

Been impressive every step of the way.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:07 pm 6/27.45 extension...

K makes almost $9 million a year. Cal makes almost $8 million. Holtzman at Ohio State makes over $7 million and Self makes a tick under $5 million so not sure how he is 3rd.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:06 am
sdoyel wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:07 pm 6/27.45 extension...

K makes almost $9 million a year. Cal makes almost $8 million. Holtzman at Ohio State makes over $7 million and Self makes a tick under $5 million so not sure how he is 3rd.
Beard's deal is actually the 4th highest.

Behind K, Cal and Barnes' new deal.

Have no idea where you got that Holtzman is making $7M. Must be his buyout added in to his regular salary of a little over $3M. Self just made a bit over $4M this past year. Will be technically be $5.5M this upcoming year due to $1.5M annual retention bonus. But he'll actually get those bonuses at the end of the contract. Which is scheduled to be $6M over the next 4 years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, looks like they included the buyout hit in that total. So he is costing Ohio State that much this year but he is only getting paid about 3 million. My bad.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Holtmann told me a few months ago he's been trying to schedule a H&H with KU, that would be pretty tits. Guy is going to be considered a steal in a year or two. TOSU has a really solid recruiting class coming in and this guy made the most of a shit sandwich roster this year. Really excited to see if this guy ends up being a replacement for Self in the next few years when Bill pulls a Belein.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

No need to worry about that. Jeff Long told me a couple weeks ago when I asked him about Self and the NBA that when Self leaves they are just going to eliminate Men's Basketball as a varsity sport. Going to promote the club hockey team to replace it.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

noosh wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am Really excited to see if this guy ends up being a replacement for Self in the next few years when Bill pulls a Belein.
He makes more money here than the NBA could ever offer him...
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V