UCLA

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

UCLA

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What a clusterf*** of a search they had. Documented here.. I think Cronin is ok for them. Not the flashy name, but he'll bring them back to some success. But how far that program has fallen in the last 10 years is amazing.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la- ... story.html
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 104

Re: UCLA

Post by Deleted User 104 »

"We would have loved for Jay Wright to walk out on the floor, but even when we offered to double his salary, he still wasn’t coming."

LOL

Their program, like I said, is in the shitter and ain't coming out anytime soon.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Finally a search without Gregggg's name...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Can you imagine Mrs Greggggg loooose in LA?
Defense. Rebounds.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

People seem to forget about California taxes. As an employee coaches have to look at the net on their paycheck, not the gross. These coaches are the "1 percenters " that states like California have their bulls eye on.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Things like this should give the "fire Self" people a little perspective. When Self leaves, we could go through the same crap the Bruins fans have been enduring.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

vmlb wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:50 am People seem to forget about California taxes. As an employee coaches have to look at the net on their paycheck, not the gross. These coaches are the "1 percenters " that states like California have their bulls eye on.
Not saving as much as you'd think b/c they do pay state taxes in other states that they work in. Which is many when you're a coach traveling for games and recruiting.

Unless you're Bill Self and live in Kansas and can set up an LLC for most of his salary.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 am
vmlb wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:50 am People seem to forget about California taxes. As an employee coaches have to look at the net on their paycheck, not the gross. These coaches are the "1 percenters " that states like California have their bulls eye on.
Not saving as much as you'd think b/c they do pay state taxes in other states that they work in. Which is many when you're a coach traveling for games and recruiting.

Unless you're Bill Self and live in Kansas and can set up an LLC for most of his salary.
Self is the master of Tax Invasion
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Yep. They punish those who work hard and reward those who break the law.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Huh? Bill Self doesn't have to pay Georgia income tax because he went to the Peach Jam for recruiting.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 pm

Huh? Bill Self doesn't have to pay Georgia income tax because he went to the Peach Jam for recruiting.
Legally, earning money in another state? Yes, supposed to. Does he? Probably has a financial guy to work around it.

Pro athletes aren't as lucky. It's just funny to me that anyone thinks the varying state taxes are keeping millionaires from taking jobs in what are thought of as high state income tax sttes.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Legally, earning money in another state? Yes, supposed to. Does he? Probably has a financial guy to work around it.

Pro athletes aren't as lucky. It's just funny to me that anyone thinks the varying state taxes are keeping millionaires from taking jobs in what are thought of as high state income tax sttes.
Don't they have a thing to where they pay taxes in every state they play a game in?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Yeah, it's definitely not a my home is in FL, so I only pay FL taxes situation. I forget who it was, but a baseball player shared his check stub once and it showed so many different types of taxes from different states that there was actually a second stub to list them all.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Probably A-Rod. Was kind of the poster example of the jock tax because he had the first eye popping baseball contract and it was also in the state of Texas.
Lonestarjayhawk

Cascadia wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:04 am

Self is the master of Tax Invasion
Tax Avoidance

There is a HUGE difference.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Isnt there a difference between earning money in another state and traveling to another state as part of your job? You'd have to be performing other jobs in those other states to have to file there, wouldn't you? We file in CO as well as NE because of our condo that we rent out but my wife who teaches ice skating and goes to competitions all over the midwest does not have to file or pay in any other state other than where we live.

NBA coaches would have to pay taxes in every state they have a road game in if that was the case and that doesn't happen.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Don't they have a thing to where they pay taxes in every state they play a game in?
Huh, learned something new today. Time to go home then.

Pros better have a reliable tax attorney, that's for sure.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think it's named the Jock Tax if I remember correctly.

Lonestarjayhawk

Only if you are a professional athlete. I travel all over for my job. Sell in 12-15 states. Office in New Jersey. Live in Texas. Pays tax only in Texas.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not "only if you're a professional athlete." But, you're right in that these other states aren't tracking you down. Very much so because they don't know who the hell you are.