Welcome Tristan Enaruna

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Welcome Tristan Enaruna

Post by TDub »

I'm excited to break the ice on a commitment. Maybe this gets the ball rolling back in our direction. If we land tucker or Hampton and Dotson returns I'm much more optimistic about our upcoming year. Feels like we needed something positive to get our feet back under us
Just Ledoux it
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Future Mitch Lightfoot
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Freaking Alex Galindo.

I forgot all about him. Googled him, he is now 34. Surprised by that. Was a good shooter. About 40% from deep and that was good for how little he played.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Alex Galindo - the original "sleeves". Swear that dude was swimming in a 5xl while he was playing.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Juzang is on his way to UK now with TE coming here
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So is it safe to guess that though this dude is listed as a small forward, he’s likely to spend more time as a big at KU?

I suppose that depends mostly on whether he can guard a perimeter guy, and also whether he can shoot?

At least based on that junior year mix tape he seems to move better than, say, Mitch.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:15 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am So, he must be like a C- athlete, right? Not saying it can’t work, but with that size and that skill set, you’d expect a higher ranking.
Only being in the US for a couple of months could have something to do with the lower ranking. My understanding is that he's made quite a climb in the rankings as they've been adjusted. Who knows where he would have ended up by next year if he didn't reclassify.

From the kusports.com article:

"Enaruna came to the United States from Netherlands midway through his junior season and has been on an upward trend in the recruiting game nearly the entire time. Ranked No. 44 in the most recent Rivals.com rankings, Enaruna, who picked KU over Creighton and Miami (Fla.), jumped 61 spots from the previous rankings to crack the Top 50."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well we know that if he's a tall guy that wants to be a wing that he's going to mostly play big here.

If he's a wing that happens to be tall? We haven't really had one of those here. Josh Jackson and Wiggs probably the closest.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:24 am Well we know that if he's a tall guy that wants to be a wing that he's going to mostly play big here.

If he's a wing that happens to be tall? We haven't really had one of those here. Josh Jackson and Wiggs probably the closest.
Galindo!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s hope those Dutch grade school report cards are all in order...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Svi was 6'8. Brannen Greene was 6'7.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And both were billed as good shooters.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How are people not more excited about this kid? lol.

Looks like the perfect 4 man in todays game. He's not freakish athletic but has great length and that could bode well for us cause he will likely be in school a few years.

Give him a couple years with Hudy and to refine his game and this guy is going to be dangerously good
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perfect 4 man in today’s game?

Maybe once he gets some ink.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:36 pm How are people not more excited about this kid? lol.

Looks like the perfect 4 man in todays game. He's not freakish athletic but has great length and that could bode well for us cause he will likely be in school a few years.

Give him a couple years with Hudy and to refine his game and this guy is going to be dangerously good
I'm excited about all 3 of our recruits, enaruna most of all. But my excitement is for what they'll do as sophomores and juniors.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am And both were billed as good shooters.
Oubre was 6'7". He wasn't billed as a shooter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohh maybe that’s the comparison we’ve been looking for! Poor man’s Oubre but also taller?

Perimeter game even if his shot is still developing, long, smooth, and makes things happen.

And maybe also like Oubre he’ll get, again, some sweet fucking tats.

It’s like BofH always said: “the best part of a good wingspan is more canvas for the sleeves.”
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Found this article that has an interview with Eric Bossi, where he is talking about Enaruna.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/b ... 70734.html
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Durant 2.0 would be ok.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:12 pm Ohh maybe that’s the comparison we’ve been looking for! Poor man’s Oubre but also taller?

Perimeter game even if his shot is still developing, long, smooth, and makes things happen.

And maybe also like Oubre he’ll get, again, some sweet fucking tats.

It’s like BofH always said: “the best part of a good wingspan is more canvas for the sleeves.”
Where is BofH